Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
With all this talk of what will blow up, can someone explain Maker to me in non-wiki terms? This thing is worth more than ETH at the moment and has also been rising quickly and steadily. From what I know it's another one of the DeFi thing and somehow tethered to Dai(which is tethered to USD).

What's the deal with this and why does it never get brought up here? Is this one going to the moon like every other damn crypto? Does it have staying power?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Jerry talking to the Kenny Rogers Roasters guy. “That’s not gonna be good for business.” “That’s not gonna be good for anybody!”

This is what I’m reminded with about DOGE’s effect on crypto as a whole. 😜View attachment 349484

IDK mang. Elon made Doge what it is today. And TSLA is deep in Bitcoin. There’s a method to the madness, I just don’t understand exactly what.

And quite possibly it could be the exact opposite of your Jerry meme.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
With all this talk of what will blow up, can someone explain Maker to me in non-wiki terms? This thing is worth more than ETH at the moment and has also been rising quickly and steadily. From what I know it's another one of the DeFi thing and somehow tethered to Dai(which is tethered to USD).

What's the deal with this and why does it never get brought up here? Is this one going to the moon like every other damn crypto? Does it have staying power?
Worth more than ETH? Not even close. It has a market cap of $3.37b vs Ethereum’s $246b. It’s a universe away. Cost of anything per coin is totally meaningless.

I don’t know much about it specifically but it virtually never is talked about on anything I read for what that’s worth.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
IDK mang. Elon made Doge what it is today. And TSLA is deep in Bitcoin. There’s a method to the madness, I just don’t understand exactly what.

And quite possibly it could be the exact opposite of your Jerry meme.
You’re totally right possibly, could end up being good somehow.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Schizo take is that this Doge is going to blow up massively today (in both directions) and the endless crying of dumb people that "lost everything because of market manipulators" is going to invite more regulation of the crypto market.

Personally I'm staying the hell away, making some decent gains shorting BTC right now.

• 1Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Worth more than ETH? Not even close. It has a market cap of $3.37b vs Ethereum’s $246b. It’s a universe away. Cost of anything per coin is totally meaningless.

I don’t know much about it specifically but it virtually never is talked about on anything I read for what that’s worth.

Sorry I meant worth per coin, yes. I understand the market cap difference but I was trying to understand what is driving the price of this thing so high. I also don't quite understand what it does even after reading the website, but I suppose that's true for many coins...I go read, have a basic understanding I suppose, but completely fail to grasp why coin X is better than Y in many cases.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider

Maker represents governance in the DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization) that controls the DAI stablecoin. It is one of the core DAO's that controls the Defi space, largely run by Consensys. It is probably going to go up in lockstep with ETH over time. It isn't as sexy as a lot of the other coins so it doesn't get the same attention. There is more to it but its been awhile since I was paying attention to it.

I considered buying some when it was at ~$300. Womp womp

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Still early but so far the great Doge pump is a big flop

1618929066733.png

• 1Rustled

Fadaar

That guy
I got 10k at an avg of $0.06 a while back, just waiting to see how today pans out. Either way it's probably gone by the time I go to sleep tonight.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Flop? A totally worthless currency that can't even be directly exchanged for dollars is worth 50 billion.

You literally have no idea ehat Im talking about.

Please go back to the kitchen and burn something other than yourself

• 1Like

Gruden

<Bronze Donator>
Flop? A totally worthless currency that can't even be directly exchanged for dollars is worth 50 billion.
Dude, it's 420. Dogecoin supposed to explode today and give us all big tiddy goth girlfriends. It better, or i'll write an email to the CEO of crypto

• 1Worf

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only thing that's exploding is Monero as whales move their dump profits into untraceable Moneros. Run for the hills.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
So Breedlove just released a new series in the vein of the Saylor series, this one with Jeff Booth. Jeff has a very compelling theory regarding the deflationary pressures brought on by technology and how the Central Banks have essentially trapped themselves in their inflationary policies combatting this pressure. Understanding Jeff's thesis has significantly changed how I see what is happening in our economy and I have to imagine this series is going to be every bit as good as the Saylor one was.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I’m getting ahead of myself. But I’m trying to think ahead and honestly I’m sort of torn. If vet doubles from here I could literally sell off my bag and pay off my house completely (that I bought two years ago) and as much as I believe in a huge future for vet that would be pretty damn hard to pass up if we get there.

I’ve been doing tiered small sells along the way and have already gotten back like 2x my total investment from it but dunno just can’t make up my mind if I just do another small cash out at .50 if we get there then hope we run on up to pull out a big chunk at .75 or so which leaves me a decent size bag still or go safe route and never have to worry about a mortgage again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I’m getting ahead of myself. But I’m trying to think ahead and honestly I’m sort of torn. If vet doubles from here I could literally sell off my bag and pay off my house completely (that I bought two years ago) and as much as I believe in a huge future for vet that would be pretty damn hard to pass up if we get there.

I’ve been doing tiered small sells along the way and have already gotten back like 2x my total investment from it but dunno just can’t make up my mind if I just do another small cash out at .50 if we get there then hope we run on up to pull out a big chunk at .75 or so which leaves me a decent size bag still or go safe route and never have to worry about a mortgage again.
Doesn't sound like you are getting ahead of yourself. Always have a plan. Taking profits is smart and being able to do something like pay off a mortgage is huge.

I personally would always hold on to at least a percentage of my crypto, especially something like ETH. But everyone has different goals and plans.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

You could always pull out half at the doubling and then recast your loan. It usually only costs 200 bucks and will calculate your monthly payment on the loan amount after the huge chunk is paid off. This could allow you to keep half your vet for future doublings and then just pay the same amount you were paying for mortgage on the newer loan to knock it out in a few years.

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I yolo'd a measly $200 on Doge at .285ish today from my nice gains on a short play on $SNDX. Other than the free shit I got from Coinbase, this is my first time in the crypto world. Going to leave it and forget it.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
your first time in crypto and you're putting money into that thing that most people already sold.

I thought about hopping on at 13 cents but beyond that no way. how anyone with dogecoin could wake up and see it at 40 cents and not sell... lol.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users