Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Just the latest of a -very- large number of scammers getting exposed. 99% of influencers, especially ones that focus on 'altcoins' are low integrity grifters.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocratā•­ą²°_ā€¢Ģ>
If only some folks here had said this from the beginning.

Fantasizing Pop Tv GIF by One Day At A Time

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just the latest of a -very- large number of scammers getting exposed. 99% of influencers, especially ones that focus on 'altcoins' are low integrity grifters.

Don't need to be exposed if it was obvious the whole time!

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone have experience with Coinbase support? I've used coinbase for years, more recently Coinbase Pro but they recently closed that product and moved all my crypto back to Coinbase.

Problem is, I can no longer send any crypto, I bought a hardware wallet and I was planning on transferring it all to it in light of FTX and rumors of Binance being in trouble, but they throw up some bullshit generic message about being 'unable' to send and to contacting support. I contact support and they had me verify my identity with my drivers license (again), and then said to wait for support to email me back but the whole thing is worrying me a bit. Their automated process claims my ID is successfully verified but it still doesn't work, so they escalated it to someone else and now I"m just waiting and hoping they actually fix it.

I did sell a small fraction of ETH I've had and it seems to be successfully sending the USD to my bank account so maybe worst case I can do that with the rest.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a lingering 5-10k in both Binance.US and Nexo. Which given recent events is not ideal. I thought about pulling it all out and Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be eating crow in a year, but itā€™s not a significant portion of my assets so I figure, fuck it, let it ride. Itā€™s basically a btw/eth swap system where once a week I gain small fractions of both coins.

I still have faith in crypto as a concept but clearly only btc or maybe eth will survive this shift and most of crypto is shitcoin, which is basically an unregulated Penny stock if you want to simply it. Iā€™m not confident enough to dump my life saving in it, but Iā€™ve got maybe 50k scattered in various exchanges and cold wallets. I do think btc will survive this and find a purpose. im looking at it like a bonus 401k, so fuck it, letā€™s go.

• 1Like

Break

Anyone think there is anything to the rumors that the latest crypto spike is because of the FAA outage + ransomwhere attack?

• 2Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Anyone think there is anything to the rumors that the latest crypto spike is because of the FAA outage + ransomwhere attack?
Heard rumors of multiple $5bn BTC purchases over the weekend via on-chain analysis. I haven't seen any proof that though, nor any proof that a large sum was sent to an unknown wallet from an exchange, or from one large wallet to another. Granted this sort of transaction could be done with multiple smaller transactions... but I haven't seen any proof of that as of right now.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Can't wait to see how they screw this up.

A lot of regulation is coming. Expect plenty of 'events' to rationalize and popularize this regulation. Plenty of people are going to get rugged, alts will be at fault, but Bitcoin will be blamed. There are no good faith arguments for lumping Bitcoin and centralized scam coins together, but that's the play we're gunna see IMO.

they ignore you
they laugh at you
they fight you <--- We are here
you win

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Generally "enforcement action" means a specific raid or seizure. Not a new regulation.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
They taking back all that BTC they gave to the FAA hackers.

or they recovered a couple thousand dollars in BTC from the FTX hackers but are still working diligently.

Break

I'm cashing out all my crypto from coinbase at a pretty big loss overall, well like 20% down from what I paid I think. They won't let me withdraw crypto but will let me sell and send the USD back to my bank account, their ID verification system is broken and their chat support is useless. Better this week than last though.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Can't wait to see how they screw this up.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
"charges against a tiny china-based exchange that no one has ever heard of"

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like