Black Adam (2021)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Affleck was in the same boat with that shit where he thought he was going to get his own batman movie to make, but I doubt they offered Cavil the same amount as Ben for a cameo after all that shit, even though he's a clean cut fan favorite. Obviously WB management is full of retards for a decade or more now, if there's a problem I'm more willing to believe it's with WB than the actors in this situation.

Affleck pulled out of Batman though for health reasons. He partially blamed it for his drinking. This was 2019 he made that statement I recall.

The narrative now is he's cleaned up, feeling good, and ready to do a Batman movie. The Aquaman 2 deal seems to signal Warner is open to it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
Shazam was 6 years after Man of Steel and Cavill had heard shit about a sequel or anything about more roles. Then they asked him to do a cameo while he was doing Mission Impossible stuff and had to go into Witcher right after. He had no time to do shit. The rumor about him being a dick about it came from Grace Randolph, who seems to have some shitty sources. If I were Cavill I'd just fuck off the role and talk to Marvel. Which apparently he has been doing.
She doesnt have shitty sources, she is nothing but a lying cum sucking whore who just spreads shit about people because..
Fuck that cunt, god damn I wish she was a non person

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
People may or may not disagree with me but I think Cavil has not put in his time and WB considers him a newbie, that's my only angle for his treatment; plus he's not exactly a yes man either, Henry likes to do what Henry does. WB will bend over backwards for Ben or Jason because of the time they put in and they also just enjoy doing work, so why say no to an easy cameo to make some dollars? People like the Rock, jason, and ben all say yes and show up to work. Henry? Nah bruh I got new fans to install and post about my gaming rig (no really)

What a retarded take.

He's literally the most tenured DC character who's been jerked around for years by incompetent executives.

Seriously, wtf are you even talking about?

• 2Like

Xerge

<Donor>
I'm pretty sure if Cavil moves to Marvel he'll be more a pawn.
What a retarded take.

He's literally the most tenured DC character who's been jerked around for years by incompetent executives.

Seriously, wtf are you even talking about?
I'm talking about WB disliking Cavil for some reason. Either through choosing other projects, asking for more control, or not liking the offers. Thought it was pretty fucking obvious

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm pretty sure if Cavil moves to Marvel he'll be more a pawn.

I'm talking about WB disliking Cavil for some reason. Either through choosing other projects, asking for more control, or not liking the offers. Thought it was pretty fucking obvious

Everyone understands what you meant, and it's a retarded take.

What part of this do you not understand?

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
God the CGI is so terrible with DC, all the marvel projects have been a huge downgrade lately also. The CGI in Iron man is so much better and it was what 15 years ago?

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Central intelligence had some good parts and Jumanji was fun

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Another Dwayne Johnson shitfest. Has he ever done a movie that wasnt just a steaming pile of shit?
I was trying to think of one. Then I remembered seeing him in The Mummy Returns and thought, here is an actor with zero potential, so I never watched a single movie he has been in since.

Still, if people say this is decent, I may give it a shot. I am interested because there are too many hero movies, and not enough antihero movies. Unfortunately, I am dubious that they can pull it off without everyone he kills being a terrible person anyway, so it's really ok that he killed them.

Also, after looking at IMDB, FUUUUCKK YOU... they are remaking Big Trouble in Little China, with The Rock.

Last edited:

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
this looks like a watchable-level DC movie. if it's on par w/ Shazam, i'll watch. Looks like it ties the gov't chick from Peacemaker/Suicide Squad

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I‘m a fan of Dwayne Johnson, I like the character in this Black Adam, Dr. Fate, Hawkman…yet I’m still at best lukewarm for this.

Either the constant disappointment of the DCU movies makes me unable to get excited about anything they do, or theres just something off about this one that I cannot put my finger on.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The Rock is the modern day Arnold/Stallone. He has a handful of good films and a shitload of meh ones. I consider him a better actor than Arnie but worse than Stallone. He also has "same character" syndrome in that he acts the same way in most of his movies.

As for this, I have no real attachment to Black Adam so my main interest is because of the Shazam link.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity