Black Desert

moontayle

Golden Squire
So one of the selling points of the game (for better or worse) is the lack of a hard level cap. Straight level progression is mostly gated by time and effort and availability of mobs capable of actually giving you exp.

Well,thisandthisactually gives you the hard numbers. Can eyeball how long it'll take you to level through straight grinding if you have a good idea how long a certain area takes you now.

Good news though, if you happen to make it to level 65 it evens out from there. Presumably because they couldn't get the numbers to go any higher.

Made 55 yesterday morning. I pushed pretty hard to hit that while the exp event was going on and even though I know 56 is more-better I think I'm going to pace myself from here. I still need to +15 three armor pieces and my offhand, plus get going on Valencia prep.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I grind in spurts, whenever I get a hair up my ass that I need to level more. hit 54 last week and haven't really done much but a few dailies since, maybe 5% in. I know I should of taken more advantage of the exp event but ultimately it's only 30%. between loyalty scrolls and Milk Tea I can hit 55 in a reasonable amount of grind time, when I choose to do it.

Instead I've just been dicking around with money making ventures, Contribute Points, and decided I wanted to finish off World of Knowledge VII. I was about 13 energy short of the 300 I needed and after an afternoon of amity and hunting down rare mobs i'm at 302. Surprisingly there isn't a World of Knowledge VIII quest in game yet. I was mostly curious what they reward would be, since VII gave 10mil. There's easily 150+ more knowledge currently available, not sure why this isn't in yet? I'm sure it'll come with Valencia but so will a ton of new knowledges. the knowledge tree itself lists up to World of Knowledge X currently, but the black spirit doesn't offer the quest.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I grind in spurts, whenever I get a hair up my ass that I need to level more. hit 54 last week and haven't really done much but a few dailies since, maybe 5% in. I know I should of taken more advantage of the exp event but ultimately it's only 30%. between loyalty scrolls and Milk Tea I can hit 55 in a reasonable amount of grind time, when I choose to do it.

Instead I've just been dicking around with money making ventures, Contribute Points, and decided I wanted to finish off World of Knowledge VII. I was about 13 energy short of the 300 I needed and after an afternoon of amity and hunting down rare mobs i'm at 302. Surprisingly there isn't a World of Knowledge VIII quest in game yet. I was mostly curious what they reward would be, since VII gave 10mil. There's easily 150+ more knowledge currently available, not sure why this isn't in yet? I'm sure it'll come with Valencia but so will a ton of new knowledges. the knowledge tree itself lists up to World of Knowledge X currently, but the black spirit doesn't offer the quest.
Ive been wanting to go through and find all the knowledge for Pre-Mediah. I just hate those stubborn ass Amity NPC's where you gain less than 30 amity over 3 rounds. Figured the next time I decide to dive hard core into Amity again like you, I would just get all the Amity+ buffs and Costume so it wouldnt be but so bad. Im no where near your Energy level. At 183, I thought I was doing "okay" haha!

If you max out a level 10 node and have +5 luck, any common farm spot like Hexe or Treant is good money. The easiest way to achieve that is to make sure you have all your character slots full of alts so you can have their energy to dump into a node. From there, find yourself a bed on the AH. The beds able to be bought with silver have durability, where as the cash shop bed has no durability (as of right now). When you actively rest in a bed, your energy increases substantially quicker. I then use "Splashtop Personal" to log into my computer from my work computer or cell phone and Im able to dump energy into the node I want to easily. Quickly maxes out a Node as quick as a node can actually be maxed out, anyways.

The rares you pick up far outweigh anything else atm. Mark of Shadows, Tree Spirit Belts, Witch Earrings etc. are sold immediately on the market (usually). You gain EXP from all mobs, just not near as much as you would doing Sausans or something. As low as .001 on a grey or .004 for a light green at 53 (last time I was at treants). If you're having shitty luck, you can do the loyalty bought Rare Drop scroll that gives you an additional 20% for an entire day at 1000 Loyalty and its almost a sure bet you'll get a drop if you farm till you get one. To repeat, LVL 10 Node, 5 Luck, and 20% Blessing of Kami. ---- If you want to go one step further, you can try for S rank on all the mobs but thats hugely time intensive for anything not even remotely close in relativity to the Valencia update.

Ill do AFK fishing if I have nothing else to do, but I think its far more valuable to get Bed-Energy so you can dump it into a node. The difference between a lvl 10 node and a lvl 1 node is night and day.

(For instance, Ive been +15 all Grunil for about a week now and I started far past release.)

Totally neglecting that at Treants, you have a town right next to you with a warehouse and all of the NPC's for quest drops are in that town. Make about 1.5 mil an hour from just common drops. The occasional Gem drops can net you much more.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
yeah right now I have 8 characters with 300+ energy. I've got 3 of them dedicated to making calpheon wood crates (52k base value trade item), 9 wood nodes, and 6 wood work benches spread across western calpheon with a bunch of professional and artisan workers to make em. I'm at about 4mil a day but they are only skilled 1-5 processing, as they get higher and I get more plywood returns from my lumber i'll be closer to 8-10mil a day. I say "a day" because i'm limited by worker production time. If i could log in while i'm at work to requeue workers I could crank that number up some more but it's not feasible for me.

It takes about 1.5-2 hours but since i'm in Japan there's not a lot of people on during the week for me to play with anyway, it just gives me something to do while I watch netflix. I used to rely on making goods (like fishing boats, tier 3 reform stones, wagons, horse gear, etc) + grinding drops and selling on market, but it's too much RNG just for the game to eat 35% of my money. There's no taxes on trade goods.

Daidraco

Curious how. Much red nose actually hits for now- I don't even do field bosses as a warrior. Just a waste of time and exp.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
fuck you patch, waited for them to add the extra T6s and T7s before breeding my T6 female, and got a t5 horse. how is that even possible.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So funny, casuals are calling this XP change "amazing" thinking they are going to get their group into highly contested XP camps.

Like the only thing that was stopping them before was people killing them...

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I don't see the big deal. Pvp wasn't about xp loss it was resource control. People dieing alot won't be getting any more xp if they zerg the camp's after death .

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have seen plenty of whiners getting ganked AFK at 45+ and losing a few hours worth of exp they claim.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I don't see the big deal. Pvp wasn't about xp loss it was resource control. People dieing alot won't be getting any more xp if they zerg the camp's after death .
... and resource control was enforced by the fear of xp loss, or the actual loss causing people to back off and find other camps.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Experience loss removal is so retarded. Experience loss was the one way you could stop people from stealing your grind spots. Now there is literally nothing you can do other than hope you out gear them so hard that they don't get a single mob.

What a joke. I saw a feedback thread on their forum and I really hope they change it back. Starting to wish I could charge back the 300 I've spent on pearls...

Just once I want to find a pvp game that doesn't shirt on the fans to suck off the crying carebear fucks.

Daidraco

Experience loss removal is so retarded. Experience loss was the one way you could stop people from stealing your grind spots. Now there is literally nothing you can do other than hope you out gear them so hard that they don't get a single mob.

What a joke. I saw a feedback thread on their forum and I really hope they change it back. Starting to wish I could charge back the 300 I've spent on pearls...

Just once I want to find a pvp game that doesn't shirt on the fans to suck off the crying carebear fucks.
Edit to be clearer : If they keep it this way, I think they should just make it so the person that dies will be put further and further from the location that they are dying at. Node > Town > City > Next furthest City.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord

I charged back $220 on this game. They will never call your card company or Paypal back so you instantly win your case. Product not as advertised. I think you have 6 months

I just wish more games were like EvE (and even then they started catering to carebears). Imagine total gear loss, etc. Everyone running around in +5s wailing on each other because it's the safest gear choice, then you team up, put your good shit on, and take down a +15 and take his shit. Shit needs to have actual consequences on death (not some measly repair bill) otherwise it's pointless and not fun.

This is a pvp game I thought. Not some pve carebear simulator. The pve sucks. Why nerf pvp?