Black Desert

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's a PvE grind game with very, very little PvP. Maybe things get better with node wars.
Thats the strongest point right now. This game was suppose to be PVP but every step they take is towards a PVE game. I dont recall anything being done to the game that is directly related to PVP since I started playing. I do Red Battlefield every once in a while to replenish most of my energy and thats it. Node wars, if implemented like they said it would - will be what really causes everyone to want to PVP. Owning a Capital City and taking a cut of the marketplace is absolutely huge for each and every member. I think my guild contract is 30k a day, which is a joke. Hell, just a million Silver from a contract would be worth the time investment. There is just no reward for PVP right now, only punishment. I like the game, and Im still going to play it for a while because Im not going to quit over shit that doesnt matter.... But this game definitely isnt what it was advertised as.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They advertised PvP as "large scale siege battles" and later node wars. The EXP loss nerf is more or less "Free Elion's Tears for everyone". In a game with gear progression like Black Desert, open PvP shouldn't be taken too seriously. It's a fun distraction, you can piss off people or make them fuck off of your grind spot, but it's not like it really matters at the end if you're looking for high level, meaninful PvP. This is a game where awful people can be ultimately OP if they have the right class, and the right amount of free time.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I charged back $220 on this game. They will never call your card company or Paypal back so you instantly win your case. Product not as advertised. I think you have 6 months

I just wish more games were like EvE (and even then they started catering to carebears). Imagine total gear loss, etc. Everyone running around in +5s wailing on each other because it's the safest gear choice, then you team up, put your good shit on, and take down a +15 and take his shit. Shit needs to have actual consequences on death (not some measly repair bill) otherwise it's pointless and not fun.

This is a pvp game I thought. Not some pve carebear simulator. The pve sucks. Why nerf pvp?
Oh nice, I'll probably do that next week when I get back home.

I don't even mind the lack of gear loss but removing 100% of the pvp consequences for losing the fight is dumb. I was looking forward to having my sorcerer permared when outlaw town came out or even before that but I don't see the point any more since it only punishes me.

I don't even want to think what every lvl 50+ spot looks like now. 22 people at monastery, elrics and rogues. 50 people at sausages etc. I can only imagine.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I just went to Monastery, it was empty. Killed the 2 sturdy elites that were up, cleared the place 2 or three more times and left. I got gathering to do.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
much whining and gnashing of teeth for nothing. literally no negative consequences in grind spots from the change.

game just got a lot less P2W since no more need for elion tears in pvp and people are crying they can't fuck over some newb's day by ganking them while they are grinding catfish trying to get level 47.

The game was never open world pvp, see the karma system.

no exp loss for getting ganked = more people willing to participate in non guildwar pvp. "boohoo I can't force people to leave my grind spot now" you could never force people to leave your grind spot. They could take your mobs all day, you try and kill em more than 5 times you went red anyway. literally no change whatsoever.

people trying to grind are trying to gain exp, you don't gain exp while getting ganked and dying, whether you lose xp on death or not.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's a PvE grind game with very, very little PvP. Maybe things get better with node wars.
More to the point, the PvP in this game is less about individuals and more about groups/guilds. The fact that it is allowed to exist at all outside of Guild Wars/Sieges is somewhat surprising, especially when you consider how punishing the Karma system can be when things go too far (just ask Wooley). It's like they caved to the whiners who wanted PvP but also gave them the middle finger at the same time.

Cybsled

XP loss in PVP should remain for people who pick FOTM bullshit classes that are OP ;p

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
... and resource control was enforced by the fear of xp loss, or the actual loss causing people to back off and find other camps.
Yep. Resource control should be either based on the fear of loss on PvP death or some structured ingame thing where you can claim a resource and have control over it for some period of time.

moontayle

Golden Squire
The revelation about city/worker node investment being useless is mind-blowing. I don't have nearly the investment into them as others do but that's an extremely fucked up thing to reveal 3 months into the game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Leveling grinding nodes gives you more rare items and increased drop rate(E.g. Orge rings)

Leveling Town or Worker nodes is useless in terms of rare items gain
Useless for item gain, but does node investment help workers make things faster? Thought I read something about that.

Receive all button will be implemented soon (maybe end of the month)
PRAS

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Useless for item gain
Were we reading the same quote? Doesn't the quote directly say that increasing node level increases rare item drop rate?

Or are you implying that such an investment isn't worth the energy?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm not even sure how to respond to you because I quoted the post from Daum that differentiates. Leveling grinding nodes increases rare item and drop rate. Increasing town/worker nodes does not. But the post does not specify whether or not leveling up town/worker nodes increases anything like worker ability.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just dont get shit like this:

"Character random stats (HP/MP)

Publisher agrees developer's POV regarding random stats.

It challenges gamer's generic view on stat min/max.
Hide contents
More stats or more explanations

Developer wants it to be mysterious & secretive

Publisher is trying to get more clarifications"

How does that improve gameplay? Or make the game more engaging? Eventually someone is going to be able to data mine the issue and then it'll be a moot point. Reading more about Pyx and MMO Viper after all the suspicions and theories about the bots and its clear to see that those teams are fast on their way to learning what information they can gather from the game. People are going to find out that their favorite character, with Pearl Shop gear locked to that specific character has terrible stats and be up in arms about it. "Great! My Warriors best stat is Casting Speed! Thats.. thats.. well fuck."

Im not going to quit over it, but it is rather fucking dumb. Especially for how much I like this game.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not even sure how to respond to you because I quoted the post from Daum that differentiates. Leveling grinding nodes increases rare item and drop rate. Increasing town/worker nodes does not. But the post does not specify whether or not leveling up town/worker nodes increases anything like worker ability.
ahh you were talking purely worker nodes, thought you were talking worker and killing.