Black Desert

moontayle

Golden Squire
As I understand it, it works like this:

- Town/City nodes do nothing.
- Worker sub-nodes (Iron Ore, Potatoes, etc) do nothing.
- Everything else only affects drops from creatures in the area. IE, Hexe Sanctuary and Witch's Earrings.

So basically my wife's lvl 7 investment in Keplan is wasted energy, as is my lvl 7 investment in the Lynch Farm Ruins excavation. However, my lvl 5 investment in Hexe sancutary is useful, or would be if I spent more time over there.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Ya, that was a waste of time listening to both. Wish i saw the trimmed video you posted sooner, I skipped thru most all of it as none of the other stuff means anything for me.
So they put in options to lvl nodes for worker/cities but forgot to add code to it to do anything?.....Lazy.

They dont want to add dyes to the market/game without it linked to cash. Lame... They can add in the one type but wont because they think educating ppl to use bleach is too confusing?....really? Just need to bleach the armor and all is good, guessing thats isnt overly convoluted like many other aspects of the game so lets hold off on it?

Just killing time on this only because I can afk some things and its slightly better than phone/facebook type games or Gorgon getting farther along. Its horrendous game play if you're trying to partner up with a friend or family member doing something other than healing them or helping kill something. Want to trade anything, forget it, help with something that isnt killing....not going to happen.

I would have upped the clan to guild if i knew it meant something, so far from what I seen there is no warehouse for guild member able to add and remove items like trading or extra storage. Dont see the point as trading to others is EVIL!

Currently its a single player game with some option to interact with others via market (with limits) or combat.

Yawn. No monthly fee to waste time on this and playing on Minecraft server waiting for energy/fishing to fill up. So has been a good purchase over all, I have yet to spend a penny outside of the initial game purchase.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
- Everything else only affects drops from creatures in the area. IE, Hexe Sanctuary and Witch's Earrings.
What about harvesting in an invested zone? Does it affect rare harvests like trade items, monk's branch/platinum etc? Does it affect quantity of normal harvests?
And did they mention if they're going to actually make investing in worker nodes do anything in the future?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had read a lot of stuff on reddit about city node investment having an impact on Investment Banking, but that was ruled out in some other Q&A a while back. They have to keep revisiting topics like this because of their lack of transparency which is hugely annoying. From what I understand, the original plan was for investment banking to have its own minigame. The minigame never worked out so they implemented some half ass system that depends entirely too much on your worker being a Human with Gold Smithing and all that other shit. Not to forget that you also have to be number 1 on the housing board for that.. channel? City? Something like that. Just a waste of time when you could just buy mats and craft something that could make you more money, quicker. The City Node level was suppose to impact your chances on gear success rates in that city as well. Going from Blue to Ultimate for example.

Investing in Worker Nodes was suppose to increase your chances of yielding more product and only that. Still RNG but an increased yield chance. Rare products from the worker node were suppose to be impacted by the level of the parent node. Not too complicated and its baffling that simple shit like that was either removed or never put in to begin with. Id have the article I read on a Korean Website to back all this shit up with, but I cant find it either because its originally in Korean and I have no idea how to search for Korean shit or Im just sucking altogether.

Cybsled

Lack of transparency about what game features actually do, so it is hard to tell if they are broken? This game truly is the new Everquest.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
fjhpYUH.jpg

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone know how the Alchemy Stones work? Do they have to be recharged somehow or do you just re-click it every time the buff falls off?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
They have to be recharged and you can set them to automatically re-cast the buff when it wears off.

Helldiver

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Making money fishing, about 1.2million per load. But I really can't be leaving my PC on like this all the time since I need the ram for bakes and stuff.

I'm told you can also make money by setting up a crafting node what ever.

Anyone here can clue me in on setting up crafting? Or is fishing hotspots the best way to get money in game?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Depends what you mean by "best". The fastest way to make money is grinding high level grind spot like sausans in a strong full group.

If you want fastest way to make money with minimal time at keyboard then fishing is pretty hard to beat for having almost no setup time.

If you're willing to invest a lot of time setting up (and have a lot of CP & Energy) then you could set up a trade item empire. There's some guides you can find on google, but for example you can have a bunch of workers collecting wood, metals, fish, whatever.. then you come to the keyboard occasionally to refine everything, then start workers converting it all into trade goods, then wagon it to the other side of the world and sell.. You can make many millions per trip doing this, it's not too hard to set up but does take a good understanding of a variety of game mechanics and to do it well you need quite a lot of CP.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
You need the game open and running for the workers to do their jobs though, so nothing gained for him.

It's honestly a feature of the game that I really mislike. Power here is pretty pricey and I don't understand why they want us to keep our chars logged in over night, while we work, etc. Waste of resources (for them, for us).

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some good stuff in those patch notes at least. I may have to roll back over to my Zerker, Musa hasn't held up as well as I wanted it to.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Interesting.

"Auction Reservation System has been added.
Players will now be able to place a purchase order via the Auction House.

The time to upgrade house level has been changed as follows
1 Phase: 1 Min.
2 Phase: 2 Min.
3 Phase: 3 Min.
4 Phase: 4 Min.
5 Phase: 5 Min.

Energy won't be consumed when processing(L)"