Black Desert

Pops

Stave, it's a grinder, but it scratches my MMO itch. I mostly AFK lol. Life skill. You need silver. Level CP"s and build your workers.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game would be great if the devs throw in some dungeons and give the classes some roles to play in a group. But unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
This game would be great if the devs throw in some dungeons and give the classes some roles to play in a group. But unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

I agree. Their idea of dungeons and group content is a joke.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would be beyond addicted to this game if it had some kind of actual PVE long game to it, even just some form of solid group game play beyond PVP and scroll boss zerging.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
It is a solo game basically. There is no reason to group up most of the time. Made me quit basically.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ended up downloading the updates over the last couple days, probably gonna give it another go. Made it like 3 weeks or so last time but I see Lahn is coming out on the 23rd so maybe i'll get reacquainted with the game on my sorc and then roll up one of those and see if I stick around a bit longer this go around.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ended up downloading the updates over the last couple days, probably gonna give it another go. Made it like 3 weeks or so last time but I see Lahn is coming out on the 23rd so maybe i'll get reacquainted with the game on my sorc and then roll up one of those and see if I stick around a bit longer this go around.
Wait til a few days before Lahn launch before actually logging into the game so that you can spend more time on the Olivia servers.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Too late for that. Gives me time to grind up some money and get used to the combat and stuff again. How bad is it trying to level up a new char without buying the weight increases? Only have like 900 pearls left cause last time I came back I spent the pearls I had on shark suit and a couple other things and don't really want to throw more money at this game if i'm not going to stick with it for at least a couple months.

Molten Core Raider
It's not terrible, you will level so ridiculously fast that weight probably won't be an issue until you start having extended grinding sessions at higher levels. If you follow the black spirit quest line as you level up you will be passing through town areas often enough you can unload regularly.

You can buy a trade pack and auto path in town over night for a couple nights while you sleep to raise your strength stat. That should give you a decent enough max weight limit to operate on while you decide whether it's worth sticking with/spending more.

Molten Core Raider
Negatory, they'd lose money on weight limit increase sales that way. If you're solo you gotta carry it around til you head to town, stack what you can on a horse or wagon, or have an army of maids to dump stuff onto.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Well, I forgot how unlucky I am when it comes to getting failstacks. Basically pissed away 60m buying some +14 stuff on the AH and trying to use it to get some stacks and never made it past 20 in 5 tries.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Ouch, dont buy gear to use to build failstacks. Use Reblath armor, it's only sold by the blacksmith in Velia, so your failstacking will likely happen there.

I use a set of +14 Reblath gloves to get up to 16 stacks. Then I switch over to Trina Demolition Axes. I have a +13 I use to run up to 20-25 or so stacks then switch to a +14 to build from until I lose my nerve. I've gotten to 40+ failstacks before but on average I can build to the mid 30s without much issue. There are also npcs in game now that will downgrade your items for you for a 100k fee, so just pay a little silver to drop that unwanted +15 back to +14. In Velia it's the priest dude in the chapel on the north end of town.

The Velia blacksmith sells Reblath armor so repairing your gloves durability is easy, Trina Axes are a craftable item you have to quest for to unlock the recipe but it's pretty easy (Black Desert Trina Siege Weapons and Manufacture Guide - Dulfy). Might cost a couple million to make more axes for repairs each time you go to enhance, but it's way cheaper and much more effective than dropping 60mil on AH stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oh alright, I thought I saw that mentioned about the npc doing -1 but I only checked with the max durability/extract guy in heidel. +14s are pretty cheap to buy, it just got costly because I kept getting them to +15 before I hit 20+ stacks. Did 2 more today (got 2 +14s while farming gahaz) and hit +15 on 9 and 2 stacks >_<. The 60m came because I bought 5 seperate +14s since I didn't bother looking more in to the -1 npc after I saw the one guy couldn't do it, buying the few greens to repair durability is no big deal to me to save the hassle of running to velia for reblath etc.

I got a bunch of stacks before that tho and tried to TRI my gloves then my awakening then my liverto and then went for tet offhand and they all downgraded and left me with 43 stacks which I decided to use on mark of shadows and got that to TRI so at least I didn't blow up everything today!

Was pathing a horse i'm trying to level when I left for work today just back and forth on the south road of heidel (autoloop was good, watched it multiple times to make sure) and I come home from work with an injured horse (didn't get a death count at least) and i'm in the middle of the river south of the storage area so that's nice... no clue how someone managed to push me that far in a safe zone.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Man, every new class they had a running thing where they would release a character slot for 1 loyalty, basically free.

Today they released a class and decided to basically discount the paid coupon...instead of give people a 1 loyalty one.

Kinda a slap in the face to people who have been playing the game a while. It was always a nice gesture but this time it just seems miserly.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, buddy and I at work play and we were talking about that too. Im probably just going to delete a character in order to make room for this one (don't need a low karma alt anymore for enhancing I guess). Im not paying cash for another character slot for a class Im not likely to put much time in (but I want the silly rewards for making one though).

Dunno though, the rate in which they keep changing/balancing stuff it's hard to pin down just what class I'll be playing in another weeks time. The movement changes to my Valkyrie are....disheartening. She's already slow as shit getting around during a fight or grinding, adding more cost to what few movement abilities we have is frustrating.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, this simple gesture took a lot of wind out of my sails...

It isn't the price, the price is pennies and I could cap my account with the 10 USD I'd spend on the lahn slot. It's more the act of goodwill removed.

Every class, in the US, that has been released was released with a "free" slot costing 1 loyalty. They built that expectation and instead of being up-front and honest with their playerbase they decided to hush-hush it and not say a fucking thing til release day and even then it isn't even on their site, it's just in GM posts and in spanish at that...

I dunno, with all the shit that this company has been doing lately to grab money any way they could possibly, it's just one more reason for me to log out and do other games. Been talking for a while about FFXIV with the wife, may just jump to that for a bit...at least there the only thing I really get fucked on is the housing. Hell I could log into LOTRO and actually play it for a bit instead of AFKing all decade in BDO trying to get a horse with good skills.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
LoL, Likely I'll be the only one that gets a laugh from this..their twitter account is only responding to players who talk about not being able to buy things from the cash shop, so I baited the hook and waited:

1526494139831.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Approximately $1.50 for a new character slot (cause you can just use one of the 10+ you already have for her) and you're outraged because they didn't charge for slots in the past?

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Outraged is a bit much of a word...

It's mainly pointlessly greedy to me and since I'm stuck with not much to do today as far as projects go I have a decent amount of time to shit-sling.

The precedent was set, as I said, a while ago with the release of each class. They gave everyone a free slot.

Since you just got into the game I can understand looking at it and seeing a lot of butthurt from people QQing about not getting free stuff (if you are even looking at reddit or the forums or in-game). However, this is the first time in the NA/EU market they have charged for a class and it's coming right after they shit the bed in multiple fronts (PvP / PvE / Bosses / Server Stability).

The decision to basically attempt to get 10 USD from people is going to hurt them in the long term, it isn't about the money it's about valuing your customer.

Basically they just rawdogged the consumer for months before this, hyped new servers being the golden pill, hyped this class being a blast to play and then pulled their dick out of the consumers ass finished all over their face and held out their hand asking for 1.80 USD.

• 1Solidarity