Black Desert

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I played hardcore when the game first came out (started about a month after release and poopsocked hardcore for 5 or 6 months), i'm not just getting in to it for the first time. They aren't charging people to play the Lahn class, they're charging if you want another character slot which also comes with the benefit of another X energy and failstack storage. Do other MMOs even give you the ability to purchase an additional character slot when they release a new class or do they all still force you to delete one of your current characters to do it after you pay $30+ for the expansion (and maybe monthly fees for the ones that still charge monthly)?

I think outraged is an appropriate word when you decide to start trolling their twitter over it...

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I troll their twitter because I find it fun, you are reading too much into that one.

You can't compare BDO shop to WoW shop or other monthly games. I would say the closest you could compare to would be something like DOTA2 or League of Legends or Fortnite. The hook is getting you to care about a character and then buying a ton of random shit for it and that hook works really really well.

Those games i mentioned PROVED why you get more money for offering a baseline for free..

Compare Fortnite to PUBG

Compare DOTA2 / League / HOTS to something like HON

Forget people complaining about not getting a free 1.80 USD item, that is a pittance to something like a 34 USD outfit. From a business stand point this decision to hold back a character slot alongside a release of a character was stupid. Mainly from the point of view that if a person doesn't spend 1.8 USD they CAN'T spend 34USD on that character.

PERSONALLY, if I wanted to drive sales a bit I wouldn't give people a loyalty token...I would give people a pearl token (Discounted once per family by 100%) so they associate the token with IRL money and not stuff "THEY Earned".

Heres my logic right...

When I give you a starbucks loyalty stamp card, you equate that stamp card to something YOU earned by spending YOUR money.

Now consider a world where the starbucks stamp card never existed and you simply bought stuff at starbucks because you wanted and not because of a loyalty program BUT behind the scenes I was running a loyalty program that no one knew about and every so often you would come in and swipe your card to pay and RANDOMLY the person would be like, "No no, this one is on us! have a great day!"

Your loyalty would be greater because rather than a perception that you EARNED that item, it's a perception of ALTRUISM instead.

AAR that is just me...

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
God damnit I step away to do some shopping and work out and one of you assholes posted my picture to reddit LOL

Congrats on your karma ROFL

Molten Core Raider
Saw that a few minutes ago and immediately went into BDO Hipster mode, "I laughed at that yesterday..."

It's still pretty damn funny.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
How is Fadus compared to gahaz? Need another spot to grind silver/exp at same time. I dislike crescents because desert debuffs even tho getting some rings would be nice for the silver.

Molten Core Raider
Fadus are more the equivalent of Sausans exp wise. The skill point exp is pretty good from them but their drops are terrible. If you're after actual leveling up exp, Gahaz would be better than Fadus. My preference above all of those are the Desert Fogans. Great exp, very squishy, chance at necklaces, and no desert buff.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is Fadus compared to gahaz? Need another spot to grind silver/exp at same time. I dislike crescents because desert debuffs even tho getting some rings would be nice for the silver.
Depends on your level, and your weight. If you're 55-58, Fadus is hands down better than Gahaz in both Xp and Money (though you will not get frag scrolls). If you're 58+ then it is better to move on to Valencia, with Fogans being best from 58-60, imo.

Fadus is better due to better grouping, closer groups, and trash items that weight 3x less (0.10 compared to 0.30) and sell for 1200. It is true they do not have a really high price drop (only a couple pieces of Lemuria armor set), but the amount of trash items you can hold makes up for that, imo. Plus, if you have a Fairy, the Fadus now drop Yuria type weapons that you can feed it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think a LOT of people are going to regret making a Lahn, at least if they think it will be a new OP class, like Striker / Mystic / DK were. The class is flashy, but has slow combat animations / travel (aside from the long glide). This is based having watched / listened to a KR player who likes Lahn a lot. The class gets a lot smoother/better with Awakening, but we probably won't get that for a couple months. I'm on my 30-day break, but I'll probably play a Lahn to 56 once I get back to playing, but Witch/Mystic will still be my main(s) (unless all these class changes are as drastic as Reddit seems to say).

Molten Core Raider
I made a Lahn after nuking my low karma ranger but dunno if I'll really play it. I feel like I'm kinda on a downswing with the game right now. I reached a point where character progression is going to slow down a lot and be potentially very costly. Plus the nerfs lately make the idea of grinding on a Valk kinda bleh. I may be due for a break, but not much else is grabbing my attention right now (not that interested in Bless...)

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm 58 atm, 161/160/244. Money at gahaz is pretty good. I've been making about 10m an hour there between scroll drops and the black magic crystals. I suppose I can give Fogans a shot, too. I'm more interested in the money side of things than the exp, as long as I still get some exp, since I need to get my gear up to par. 1x pri 1x duo RCE, 2 tri red coral rings, all duo agerian armor, duo liverto, tri green scythe, duo ultimate jubre, pri ancient guardian necklace and belt.

Wow, I just got dim tree armor on night vendor for 183m and forgot to click hold on it, was gonna pick it up to hold on to for when I can upgrade it. I hate myself =(

Molten Core Raider
It's been a while since I grinded at Fogans but I spent all of my 56-60 grind at them. Im not recalling exactly but my gearscore at the time was pretty close to the numbers you posted up. Exp was pretty awesome and I made between 12-20mil per hour depending on scroll drops. Major downside to Fogan grinding is how far away from everything it is (unless you pony up for Villa access). Your ability to repair and drop weight will directly affect how much you like grinding there :p

I never really grinded at the "good" Fogan spots either, I found a nice little rotation kinda midway up the river near the node manager that was rarely ever contested. The most I saw of people were folks just heading upstream to annoy each other over the "good rotation" at the waterfall area.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol moved to regular servers today instead of Olvia and did my first Kutum, got 3 armor stones and 3 hunter seals... guess I can just ignore world bosses like I used to 2 years ago.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm 58 atm, 161/160/244. Money at gahaz is pretty good. I've been making about 10m an hour there between scroll drops and the black magic crystals. I suppose I can give Fogans a shot, too. I'm more interested in the money side of things than the exp, as long as I still get some exp, since I need to get my gear up to par. 1x pri 1x duo RCE, 2 tri red coral rings, all duo agerian armor, duo liverto, tri green scythe, duo ultimate jubre, pri ancient guardian necklace and belt.

Wow, I just got dim tree armor on night vendor for 183m and forgot to click hold on it, was gonna pick it up to hold on to for when I can upgrade it. I hate myself =(
If you want mostly money, some skill xp, and not that much combat xp, try dumping Energy into the Looney Forest node in Kama (the place with mushrooms). Get it up to 7 (for now), then go down there with any loot enhancing scrolls you have. I've seen people 18-20mil an hour there from the drops and you'll be able to kill mobs super fast.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah Gahaz seems to be best money for me. I did a few hours at fadus, few hours at nagas, crescents are a bit too hard for me to clear fast (and probably worse money anyways unless you get ring drops which i'll probably never get since i've done 25+ hours at gahaz/nagas and gotten 0 seraps). Only one I haven't tried really is fogans but it probably won't be better than gahaz at least enough to justify the extra inconvenience. Have lvl 7 or 8 on fadus nagas and gahaz. I get more scrolls and black magic crystals at gahaz than anywhere else i've done.

Edit: Oh just realized you were talking about the mushrooms. I grinded a few chars to 56 the other week and took one down there for a little bit but haven't been there on my sorc, maybe i'll try it. I can work on some gathering exp while I kill them too, I suppose.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I rarely pay attention to people who say they make "XX" amount per hour at a spot, and include scrolls in that amount. Do people sell them? Really? I guess they add in the value of the scrolls for selling them, and value of money saved from using them, but either way they don't give you money directly. I think at Fadus, grinding 57-58 I was averaging 5-6m/hr from trash drops, not counting Stones or Lemuria, which is godly for my low weight characters. Anywhere out in Val, I would make far less, even if I dumped the trash loot onto my mount.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
How do the AP caps and all of that stuff work with things like kutum? I ended up spending everything I had to get one from the night vendor the other day and getting it to TRI and then used my 70 stack and hit tet on it. Is that irrelevant to the "recommended AP" the world map shows for spots? I've heard certain grind spots are AP capped too, does it work past those? What kind of DP does it take to not get shredded by the harder kama mobs (griffons, black panthers, feather wolves/chocobo things, manshaums, maybe gyfin/ronaros)?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm, 250dp will be ok for wolves, manshaums, ronaros; griffons / panthers / gyfin, 250+ and lvl60 min, I think.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I headed down there today instead of going out to Valencia. GS is something like 173/164/284 456 renown or so (enough for the 450 tier stats). The mobs don't hurt anywhere near as bad as they did when I first came back and probably had around 240-245dp, even at nighttime. Have to chug a decent amount of pots vs the griffons/leopards and it gets ugly if it's 2 at once, the other stuff was fairly easy (ferrinas, feather wolves, elephants tad harder but not much). Did some manshaums too but only a couple packs at the end of my playtime and those seemed doable too so I might spend an hour or 2 solely on them tomorrow and see how it goes.

Molten Core Raider
Of all of the things you mentioned, Manshaums were the easiest for me to grind on as a Valk. Stuff on the Steppe was just far too annoying with the stuns, screams, and knockdowns.

Forgive me if I missed it in an earlier post, but what's the motivation for trying to grind down in Kama? In my personal experience I've never found any kama grinding location better than the stuff out in Valencia. If the Nagas, Crescents, or Fogans are too crowded or not lucrative enough, give Pila Ku or the Sulfur Mines a try. Those were my spots of choice if I wanted to grind without seeing another living person. Mobs are a bit sturdier than your standard Valencia stuff but good money off trash, Sicil necks, and a super super slim chance at permanent Traveler Map pieces from both spots.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah i'm not planning to grind down there I just want to finish up the story quest chains and stuff down there. I still need to get my ap and maybe accuracy up more before I try pila ku I think, never been there. Working on trying to get 2x Tri RCE next (2x PRI atm since I blew my duos up a couple weeks ago). Manshaums are way less annoying than the steppe mobs but still take way too long for me to actually grind on them.

Also I watched a youtube thing on the permanent travel map and while it'd be nice to have, it seems absolutely atrocious to try and actually get.

Last edited: