Black Desert

Molten Core Raider
Your luck is disgusting, share a little with me when it's time to JHammer my BS awakening wep this weekend. Im still kinda hobbling along in game, not doing a whole lot atm. If that weapon pops up to PEN I may get back into things more as it will put me into a much higher AP bracket and allow me to try newer/harder things. For some reason part of me is wanting to try the Valkyrie again. She was my first character back at launch and I havent really played her in years. Watching videos/streams of Valks grinding, the class seems insane now

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Shes much better! They brought back some of the good Maneuverability she had in the past. Hardest thing about Valk is still energy management, but you can replenish quick once you get the combos down. It never seems to be a problem in Aakmann for mine, even though I am at the low end of DP I am still grind pretty well with pots and her healing ability. I’m running ap 250 with DP only 307; I get hit hard if I’m not paying attention, but I can clear areas pretty easily. Once you get that DP above 330 she’s a real tank with speed

Molten Core Raider
I'll tag her with the Nova and gear copy and try her out. Provided the numbers transfer over equally she'll be 291ap/354dp, although if energy management is a thing, i may end up back on the potion grind, which is probably not a horrible idea since my valk is only mid 60 in level. Just grind her up to 62 while farming mana pot pieces.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
If you run succession you won’t have a problem. I love awakening, so every couple of hits I switch back to gain energy (mana, whatever) She has a shit ton of knockdowns as well so it’s easy to get a lot of breathing room against the right mobs

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll tag her with the Nova and gear copy and try her out. Provided the numbers transfer over equally she'll be 291ap/354dp, although if energy management is a thing, i may end up back on the potion grind, which is probably not a horrible idea since my valk is only mid 60 in level. Just grind her up to 62 while farming mana pot pieces.
Just understand that her zoomzoom speed is probably not intended and might get hit with the nef bat...which is should in some form, I just hope they give her that speed in a more natural looking way.

I have a 203 stack now, but I'll be waiting awhile to use it. I think I'll grab a BS Offhand, either trip or TET and use it then, but it's a hard sell since I have a pen Kutum already.

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I was a little disappointed at only 1 hammer, was hoping for 2. Enhance attempt failed but Im about 100 crons shy of being able to try a second attempt for the PEN blackstar. Overall the ball stuff felt a little ho hum. Lots of QoL stuff like the hub and connecting stuff but content wise it felt a little slim. They do tend to overpromise at these balls so maybe this one was their attempt at more realistic goals :p

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
This game is such a frigging tease I had 4000 crons and one J’s hammer (2000 from ball and 2000 from different event). That’s 8 tries on my IV boots with a 170 stack….
0-8 😤

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I’m wondering if this will be a multiple release thing like a couple of years ago - possible another hammer this week

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm glad they mentioned Haso as still being a thing, but sad that Global won't be seeing it til Summer '23 at the earliest. Magnus seems interesting, but we'll have to wait and see if they actually do anything with the various Abyss dimensions. Also glad that they are still tweaking Atoraxxion, really hope they don't lose faith in themselves at further developing it and future dungeons. Too bad they gave up on Terror of Abyss, but I feel what they learned/made with it is being rolled into Magnus.

Elvia changes are good, looking forward to seeing how they will buff Saunils / Giants / Rhutums and what other stuff can be gotten with the Scorching Shards.

Yes, I'll be getting the Halloween outfit for both my Witch and Wiz, then the new-type outfit for both Witch / Wiz (curious what they mean by "story" linked to the outfits).

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A total of 3hrs grind at Crescents since yesterday, 5 pity pieces... then full drop. Have to spend a couple days doing Kama dailies for the leaves and I'll have finished the HP pot. Also made a TET BS offhand, but failed twice to hit PEN with a 203fs. If I sell it, I could get enough caphras to hit lvl8 on my kutum to gain 1ap, lol. Then concentrate of getting boots / gloves to c10 and wait for Haso.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Nice! I have not gone to crescents yet, although that seems like a great area with possible ring drops.
Did they ever list what mobs drop what pieces in the new “extended” event? I see places like Casey and crescents listed but not what mob drops what. Centaurs are aids, too spread out like ronaros even for 22k trash loot.
Been hitting Kratuga to try to get the hysteria compass pieces. No luck in two hours (but one tungard and one Layten) I’m still not sure how efficient I am due to just killing everything rather than focusing like in Hysteria

Molten Core Raider
Crescents would have been a godsend over Ronaros, Im jealous that there's an option.

Im in maintenance mode on the game atm, just logging in for rewards then back out. Im too pissy at all the enhance failures. I'm up to 8 fails now going for PEN Blackstar with a 252 stack. I know it's only a 5ish% chance but after spending literally all my silver and all my crons I'm at zero with nothing to show for it. Just disheartening and tough to start grinding all over again knowing there's such a large chance of more disappointment ahead.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Crescents would have been a godsend over Ronaros, Im jealous that there's an option.

Im in maintenance mode on the game atm, just logging in for rewards then back out. Im too pissy at all the enhance failures. I'm up to 8 fails now going for PEN Blackstar with a 252 stack. I know it's only a 5ish% chance but after spending literally all my silver and all my crons I'm at zero with nothing to show for it. Just disheartening and tough to start grinding all over again knowing there's such a large chance of more disappointment ahead.
I totally get it. That’s the problem with this game, it has become all about the end game grind. When it was “harder”, and I hate to use this words, there was more to do. When lvl 56 was rough to get to, there was more opportunity to explore. And each area was viable to grind/explore at. How it’s a huge race to get to 61 as fast as possible and you miss a lot of the fun and areas you used to be able to just explore and enjoy.
Now it’s all about silver per hour and end game rares. And with RNG thrown in, you lose the sense of accomplishment and progression. it’s all, I need to spend the next hour grinding —pot pieces/map pieces/compass pieces— because THIS could be the hour I get it.
I try to switch up so I don’t get frustrated. The Carrook is a pia to get, but at least you can measure it and it is guaranteed at the end. I usually have to take beaks and go gather it barter to change it up a bit. Gathering is what I usually do to just slow down and enjoy the scenery of the game. I’m probably one of the 1% that likes underwater gathering - just to break from the grind and enjoy the graphics

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is a route for some type underwater drop that needed for something last year, maybe some horse gear, but the music that played during my dives was great.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
A total of 3hrs grind at Crescents since yesterday, 5 pity pieces... then full drop. Have to spend a couple days doing Kama dailies for the leaves and I'll have finished the HP pot. Also made a TET BS offhand, but failed twice to hit PEN with a 203fs. If I sell it, I could get enough caphras to hit lvl8 on my kutum to gain 1ap, lol. Then concentrate of getting boots / gloves to c10 and wait for Haso.
Nice!
I did an hour at waragons for the pila piece before I realized only the (STURDY) ones drop it. Total waste of time as you can clear the whole floor of Deportees for one of the Colossal Waragons. I wish they had included Basi’s in this event. The drop chance was so much better
Did an hour at Cresents and got four pity pieces. Seems that isn’t too bad

what buffs do you guys run grinding. I e got the Kam Blessing, scrolls on 2, and the dragons blessing thing (the 30% orbs I saved from events) Do you all run the tent buff as well? For 50 million I am never sure it’s worth it

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice!
I did an hour at waragons for the pila piece before I realized only the (STURDY) ones drop it. Total waste of time as you can clear the whole floor of Deportees for one of the Colossal Waragons. I wish they had included Basi’s in this event. The drop chance was so much better
Did an hour at Cresents and got four pity pieces. Seems that isn’t too bad

what buffs do you guys run grinding. I e got the Kam Blessing, scrolls on 2, and the dragons blessing thing (the 30% orbs I saved from events) Do you all run the tent buff as well? For 50 million I am never sure it’s worth it
You can get the Deportee drop from the small, summoned waragons, not just the elites. Apparently.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
You can get the Deportee drop from the small, summoned waragons, not just the elites. Apparently.
You can?? That would be amazing if true. I'm just worried that it is only the sturdy. I have a chart detailing where everything drops, but it seems like they have changed with the Basis not being part.
Figure I'll stick with Cresents right now. Getting fairly good drop rates per hour on the pot pieces.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Post on reddit (take it as you will) has screenshots of pity pieces from the little waragons.

Molten Core Raider
Hey, Nova's and Valk's get pretty good new cosplay costumes. Glad PA finally got off their asses and made new ones instead of recycling the same ones for another year. Barely playing, still gonna buy em. I have a problem...

• 1Solidarity