Black Desert

Molten Core Raider
Got the Fallen God armor knocked out this morning and bumped it up once (failed to bump it up twice, may try again later). Up to 345 DP so that will give me some wiggle room with Elvia stuff, but I'll probably be grinding out the HP pot for a while yet before I give that a try again.

What would be the better target for caphras now? I would assume the helmet? Kinda thought about my Kutum Shield for the sheet AP/DP but the helm is probably best.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got the Fallen God armor knocked out this morning and bumped it up once (failed to bump it up twice, may try again later). Up to 345 DP so that will give me some wiggle room with Elvia stuff, but I'll probably be grinding out the HP pot for a while yet before I give that a try again.

What would be the better target for caphras now? I would assume the helmet? Kinda thought about my Kutum Shield for the sheet AP/DP but the helm is probably best.
Focus on Helmet to get that out of the way, imo. Place a PO for the Frost flame, then caphras other pieces like I did.

Molten Core Raider
Ill finish up the Sherekhan pot piece tonight if im lucky, tomorrow at the latest (9 pity pieces away) and have been tossing all the Caphras Ive gained into the helmet. Getting to C10 will be a while but I do need to get the PO for the flame in soon. I didnt realize the Vell heart gave 3 sheet AP so that's what Im saving for atm, only 4 bill away although that will slow a little bit once I move to Bloodwolves since the money isnt quite as good there.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ill finish up the Sherekhan pot piece tonight if im lucky, tomorrow at the latest (9 pity pieces away) and have been tossing all the Caphras Ive gained into the helmet. Getting to C10 will be a while but I do need to get the PO for the flame in soon. I didnt realize the Vell heart gave 3 sheet AP so that's what Im saving for atm, only 4 bill away although that will slow a little bit once I move to Bloodwolves since the money isnt quite as good there.
You can enchant Vells with the new stuff from Elvia Calpheon to add 1DP as well, will only cost about 8bil if all the materials are bought from market. =)

Molten Core Raider
Only 8 billion? What a steal! :p. I remember when 8 billion seemed like so much to me, now im like "only five billion to go then I can buy the Vell heart"

I feel like the Sherekhan part went pretty quick, hopefully I can actually get a full piece from either Horsepeople or Bloodwolves and finish this HP pot in the next couple weeks. I feel like that will open a lot of possibilities for Elvia farming at that point. I need all of the cup things from Elvia, I have none, so there's potential for some nice AP/DP bumps along with a big pile of silver. I want to start saving for a really big, expensive upgrade, maybe a PEN accessory or something along those lines, or maybe I'd just be better off spending all my silver on Caphras once I get Vell's heart bought.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Been slammed with work so mostly AFK fishing. Up to around 2.5B vendor value in the special fish. Since I don't plan on enhancing gear on non seasonal I also took all those valks and crap we've been getting and yoloed on some accessories. Paid off pretty well and turned it into around 10B market value. Should be up to around 18B once it all sells which seems not even remotely high enough to do anything with but may as well start accumulating. My horse also disappointed me as I hit level 30 without getting S Sideways so no courser <_<.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
That's a nice chunk of money to build off of, Im in the same boat though, buying upgrades would be in the 60-120 billion range which seems so far off, but it may not be too horrible if I can get into Elvia regularly soon. Do the Cups from elvia add sheet AP/DP or is it hidden?

Got rank 4 of the new skill on my fairy. Gonna call that good enough and not mess with rerolling. I can use 16 different consumable items at rank 4. I dont know of 16 different consumable items I could possibly want to even use, so, fairy done.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been slammed with work so mostly AFK fishing. Up to around 2.5B vendor value in the special fish. Since I don't plan on enhancing gear on non seasonal I also took all those valks and crap we've been getting and yoloed on some accessories. Paid off pretty well and turned it into around 10B market value. Should be up to around 18B once it all sells which seems not even remotely high enough to do anything with but may as well start accumulating. My horse also disappointed me as I hit level 30 without getting S Sideways so no courser <_<.
Its a good amount for coming out of Seasons, and you haven't even grinded much materials. You could do as Nyx is doing and go for a Vells Heart if you don't have one. The rest could help offset the cost of getting a PEN weapon and PEN armor (via the guaranteed system).

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I don't have a vells heart yet as I've just been using the seasonal stones, but I'll look into it. I got around to figuring out gearing costs and I'm likely not going to bother with the end game grind this late in the BDO lifespan tbh. If the quality of life was this good when I played originally I'd probably have kept playing it casually for sure, but starting fresh now and thinking about needing to grind for 3+ years to get gear to open up a few other spots to grind in is big no ty. Now if they released actual quality raid/group content then it'd be a different story, but that hasn't ever been the case and won't ever be the case. Chase items/exploring/questing should keep me occupied for quite a bit of time while waiting on some of the upcoming MMOs to release or the inevitable boredom to set in, but at least I can afk fish when that happens. =D

Molten Core Raider
Got my Vell heart squared away and finished up the Sherekhan pot piece. Im pretty much done with "easy upgrades" for now and everything else will be expensive, long-term sort of money saving goals. Im using a TET Tungrad Neck, the PEN would give me the biggest AP boost of any accessory upgrade so I guess that's the next thing Im heading toward, but at 85-90bil, it's gonna take a minute. I've got weeks of grinding ahead still probably as I finish up the pot piece, so Ill hopefully be well on my way to the neck when I finish the potion (i have no expectations to looting a full shard, Im expecting it to be full pity :p )

My advice if you buy a Vell heart, do the math before buying the heart outright. It ended up being cheaper for me to buy an alchemy stone, grind it for shards and buy the base item, Vell's Concentrated aura.

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Makes sense. Thanks for the tip. Vell’s is unfortunately way down the list for me due to limited sustained playtime. I keep trying the event almost every Sunday and nothing….

Molten Core Raider
Two pot pieces down, one to go. I was 47 pity pieces into the Bloodwolf farm and the full piece to dropped for me Saturday. I moved over to Ronaros and quickly discovered I'd rather jab my eyes out with a fork than farm these guys. It's horrible :( Im 20 pity pieces into the grind but it's torturous. So spread out, so much shit in the way on the ground to trip up over or get stuck on. I'd happily have grinded to full pity on bloodwolves if I could have gotten the full piece here. Im gonna need a grinding break after I finish this hp pot :p

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Ronaros should be fun. The monsters are pretty awesome looking and each group has your mele, nuker, and ranged to mess with. It should be fun but I agree with you, its tedious after a few minutes. I always get stuck there

This is a dumb question, but is the pot worth it? I've not started it, went with trying to get Carrok instead. I figured the bartering = the grind of the pot pieces. But I have never talked to anyone who got it.

Have you gotten your Map yet?

Molten Core Raider
I dont have any of the permanent items yet, this potion will be the first.

As for whether it's worth it, absolutely. When you begin grinding and fighting in areas that are challenging in any way, you will take damage and you will need potions to heal in order to keep going. Having the infinite pot is the difference in being able to grind until you've decided you're finished, or having that decided for you because you're out of potions or need to go get more.

I have one piece of the compass (the easy piece from Aakman) and kinda want to work on it next, but honestly, with no pity and a potentially endless grind for a .0005% and a .005% drop item from specific mobs, I may take a tiny break from grinding before I begin.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some pretty nice events taking place now, especially this one:

[Events] It’s Time to Push the Limit for a +230 Stack | Black Desert NA/EU/OC

I don't 100% understand the system, but apparently you can make up to a +230fs stack, or a couple +191fs stacks.

There is also a Night Vendor event going on where the cost in energy is only 50, and the cost of items is lower, along with some new items like a box of Scorching Sun Shards.

Edit: Also got the balance patch this week. Yay, stronger Witch/Wiz. I like what they changed with Awakening Kuno as well, I might Timepiece my lvl56. Always liked the Chakram idea as a weapon, but the class didn't feel good to play sadly.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
This was posted on reddit as an easier to understand breakdown:

You get 1 essence of limits, and 1 essence of devouring. Heat those together to make 1 origin of dark hunger. Use your enhancement menu to "devour" the origin of dark hunger item to add points to your failstack, starting at 100 and to a max of 230.

Maybe you have a 150 stack already, maybe you have a 100 stack, or maybe you do the event to get a 100 stack because you got nothing. But anyway, you start your process with at least a 100 stack. then you use the devour feature in the enhance menu to add to that stack to make it grow bigger up to 230.

However the are limits! We only get so many essence of limits through exchanges and rewards and stuff. And the essence of devouring costs 300m silver EACH from the weapon vendor in velia, Alfredo

You're looking at 7.2 billion silver to buy all of the available Essence of Devouring (get 4 for free, gotta buy the rest). My existing 147 stack may grow a bit, but I think that might be all I do. I got Disto's to save for.

Last edited:

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
This was posted on reddit as an easier to understand breakdown:

You're looking at 7.2 billion silver to buy all of the available Essence of Devouring (get 4 for free, gotta buy the rest). My existing 147 stack may grow a bit, but I think that might be all I do. I got Disto's to save for.
Yeah the cost of the Essence of Devouring is like 300,000,000 silver per. The costs of getting that 230 FS is insane. I got a FS set up to 180 and that’s probably all I will do as well. I believe they give you some of the monster drop parts for free later in the month.
The seal drop event isn’t bad though. Lots of free crons through the outfit and the regular cron box. If you wanted to do another Blackstar Wep or armor this is a great event as it gives you the essences for free. Nice 600 million savings

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Is there any reason I shouldn't make another set or two of tuvala to give to another char when I decide to use the timepiece since I can only turn in one set for boss gear for my main char?

Molten Core Raider
You wont be able to use it. After graduation you get a set of Reform crystals that change the season tuvala gear over to normal tuvala gear. You will only get one set of stones, so any other pieces of tuvala will still be flagged as season gear. As far as Im aware, you can only take one set of Tuvala from season to normal per season.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there any reason I shouldn't make another set or two of tuvala to give to another char when I decide to use the timepiece since I can only turn in one set for boss gear for my main char?
Well, when you use the timepiece, the original character becomes normal and does not take gear with them. Just put your tuvala set in the bank and the new timepieced character can use it. Also, once the season ends, only the highest enchanted tuvala will remain or 1 set of full tuvala, the rest gets deleted.

Tldr; Only make more tuvala for failstacking.