Black Desert

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is why I either never bothered, or just sold it all at a certain point and try to buy things instead. Rolling a .0001%(I am just throwing a random number out there) is never fun, more so if you actually care and have a goal.
The gear system is absolute AIDs and I would bet my life that it drives more people away from the game than the up sides of the game attracts. I can't count how many guild mates I watched rage quit by blowing all their gear up and logging off. It was also obvious when strangers were doing the same because you'd see their high-level failspam and then ......nothing. They were gone.

BDO is such a disappointment for me because the first 3 months or so that I played it, I was in love. That Summer was the closest I have ever come to poop-socking a game (including back during my hardcore EQ days).

The gearing and, to a lesser degree, not having traditional 'dungeons' were my only real issues with the game.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gearing has never, ever been easier in BDO than it is now. Easier in the sense of getting resources to either buy what you want, or to safely (relatively) enhance. Pretty much the best time to be playing is now. I would say that those who stop playing do so for other reasons besides failing an attempt at something. Of course, I am an ultra casual who has been playing since release, with the longest break being around 6 months, and I don't play everyday. I've only had 2 really big successes in enhancing; hitting a pen BS awakening on a 170-ish stack, and hitting a tet ogre ring 3 years ago (and still use, lol).

This is where I am currently, again.. casual play (as in 2-4hrs / week of grinding):
current.png

My goal is to have this:
goal.png

I would have the TET Disto by now, but I made an oopsie on the Market by thinking 2 Blade Lightstones cost 4 million each instead of 4 billion each. =/ The only thing that will most likely cause me to mad will be the failures of getting my Labreska Helm to DUO, since I'll be raw tapping it. Took me 18 attempts to hit PRI....but I'm prepared for it. Anything beyond this point is unlikely and unexpected.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Is there any point to buying the Traveler version of the game? Is the White Horse worth the extra cash?
You mean Explorer I guess? Traveller is the basic 10bucks version(which is semi often free), explorer is the one with the white horse. The horse is dogshit, I mean less dogshit than the free quest one but dogshit overall, what you're buying mostly is the Polar Bear pet which is a pretty good pet(or was last time I played) and then you're getting part of the money into pearls(10$ worth of pearls or whatever) and the classic costume box(worth about 20$ iirc?). You also get an inventory upgrade and 15 days of value pack for "free" on top.

Overall the value of the pack I think was good, but only if you do want these things, specifically the costume since that's the bulk of the value. If you're not planning on using the costume, it's absolutely not worth it. The classic costume is a specific costume for each individual class and while some are kinda meh and it's an old one, it's good on some, example Guardian one is neat, random google screenshot

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You mean Explorer I guess? Traveller is the basic 10bucks version(which is semi often free), explorer is the one with the white horse. The horse is dogshit, I mean less dogshit than the free quest one but dogshit overall, what you're buying mostly is the Polar Bear pet which is a pretty good pet(or was last time I played) and then you're getting part of the money into pearls(10$ worth of pearls or whatever) and the classic costume box(worth about 20$ iirc?). You also get an inventory upgrade and 15 days of value pack for "free" on top.

Overall the value of the pack I think was good, but only if you do want these things, specifically the costume since that's the bulk of the value. If you're not planning on using the costume, it's absolutely not worth it. The classic costume is a specific costume for each individual class and while some are kinda meh and it's an old one, it's good on some, example Guardian one is neat, random google screenshot

Yeah, that's what I meant and cheers for the response. I'm on the fence whether I get this but thinking I'll go with the Explorer's Set. Could have sworn this was reduced on the PS Store but sitting at around $50 right now for me in the UK.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
all the packs are designed to get you used to buying things for pearls so that when you want stuff you go and buy more pearls to buy them.

If you are going to buy shit anyway then sure get the best pack for the value but if you are thinking any one pack will be "enough" it won't be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's what I meant and cheers for the response. I'm on the fence whether I get this but thinking I'll go with the Explorer's Set. Could have sworn this was reduced on the PS Store but sitting at around $50 right now for me in the UK.
I’d get it The benefits are worth it

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Starting on the 21st, everyone who logins will get a set of Cloud Accessories, which can be upgraded with stones from each succeeding day via the Challenge rewards. Season characters can use them as well, after this season is over, they will be converted (not sure if automatically or when the player decides too) into PEN Capotia accessories.

I've had a Steam account for BDO for a long time, but forgot to transfer it over to PA when that was a thing, so it was wiped. I logged it on a couple weeks ago and made a new character just to get it into my guild so I could pop guild missions. Noticed the other day that new players were getting some rewards for logging in, but you had to have a Season character. So I made one. The sucks so much ass in Season IF you dislike questing (which I do since I've done them all so much... and the cutscenes are so bad), it is pointless to play if you dislike questing. Though, to be honest, being so weak makes me remember launch BDO, my season character has no gear (aside from a TRI Tuvala neck from some reward and items given out before reaching Velia), its hilarious. I imagine the fun will stop once I hit 52 and have to go to Mediah.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
The Woosa is pretty fun. Figured I'd dork around on the season server while i wait for this next Hammer (and the accompanying PEN failure).

How long does it take to get through this magnus nonsense? I just want to be able to move stuff from bank to bank.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Woosa is pretty fun. Figured I'd dork around on the season server while i wait for this next Hammer (and the accompanying PEN failure).

How long does it take to get through this magnus nonsense? I just want to be able to move stuff from bank to bank.
If everything goes smoothly and you have a guide open for a few of the steps, probably 2-3hrs? The bank to bank movement, and to lesser extent the teleports are well worth the time it takes, decent rewards along the way too.

Woosa is actually great. Her Shift+W and long range travel need some polishing though, everything else is nicely done and not too hard on boomer hands. She does currently have an issue where Shift+W will collide with a mob and you cannot attack it with LMB or RMB....which is annoying since Dash to RMB is a great way to fly through low lvl grinding. That Dash though, Shift+W, is annoying as fuck to use right now unless you use some ani cancel (the prime one, Q, is being removed as a way to cancel). Its really jarring to move forward quickly then instantly come to a stop just so she can RP walk forward. The end of that Dash really, really needs to be smoothed out without using some ani cancel bs.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Use shift+W -> W+F for a double dash, and hold E while using shift + W for 3 dashes in a row when W+E is off CD. That has been more than enough for me to go pack to pack grinding, using shift + space for longer straight line stuff.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Use shift+W -> W+F for a double dash, and hold E while using shift + W for 3 dashes in a row when W+E is off CD. That has been more than enough for me to go pack to pack grinding, using shift + space for longer straight line stuff.
Right, cancel (sorta) nonsense rather than just smooth basic movement. There are other classes which have nearly the same lvl of shitty dashes, but most have a nice, smooth dash animation. The Shift+W / W+F is what I use for packs with take more than 1 dash, since that will move quite; dash skill dash dash is what I see before the abrupt end. I don't use "E" since for my setup, its D (I use WQSE instead of WASD, and my boomer fingers usually hold Shift so I end up using the Shift+E(D) skill.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>

2-3 hours is a pretty good estimate. Open up "Evil Do Us Harm" 's guide on you tube and follow along. He has the Magnus questline broken up into each part so it is easy to follow and you dont have to figure out the mini games

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Starting on the 21st, everyone who logins will get a set of Cloud Accessories, which can be upgraded with stones from each succeeding day via the Challenge rewards. Season characters can use them as well, after this season is over, they will be converted (not sure if automatically or when the player decides too) into PEN Capotia accessories.

I've had a Steam account for BDO for a long time, but forgot to transfer it over to PA when that was a thing, so it was wiped. I logged it on a couple weeks ago and made a new character just to get it into my guild so I could pop guild missions. Noticed the other day that new players were getting some rewards for logging in, but you had to have a Season character. So I made one. The sucks so much ass in Season IF you dislike questing (which I do since I've done them all so much... and the cutscenes are so bad), it is pointless to play if you dislike questing. Though, to be honest, being so weak makes me remember launch BDO, my season character has no gear (aside from a TRI Tuvala neck from some reward and items given out before reaching Velia), its hilarious. I imagine the fun will stop once I hit 52 and have to go to Mediah.
Have you tried the Mountain of Eternal Winter questline. You can skip most of it, and hit "R" to skip the cutscenes. IT gets you to 50ish quick and they you can pretty much grind

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have you tried the Mountain of Eternal Winter questline. You can skip most of it, and hit "R" to skip the cutscenes. IT gets you to 50ish quick and they you can pretty much grind
Yea, its pretty boring though, so I didn't think of doing it vs. the old stuff. The old stuff sucks now though, especially Balenos... so many unskippable cutscenes.

About the Cloud Accessory, I was wrong, you'll only get to pick 1 of them vs. getting the entire set. Oh well.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Yea, its pretty boring though, so I didn't think of doing it vs. the old stuff. The old stuff sucks now though, especially Balenos... so many unskippable cutscenes.

About the Cloud Accessory, I was wrong, you'll only get to pick 1 of them vs. getting the entire set. Oh well.
yeah the benefit to Mountain is you can skip the cut scenes. I made the mistake of doing the tutorial this time which sucked because there is no way to skip.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well this is awesome.

After having a Brilliant Fairy for years with Miraculous Cheer 3 and other shitty stuff like glow in the dark. I finally got a Radiant Fairy and this is how she rolled my first 2 skills. I bought a lotto ticket too just in case. :)

Fairy.JPG

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Treasure event going now for a couple weeks if anyone is working on a Treasure item.

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I’m going to try to hit that again. Ronaros just burns me out. Kudos to everyone who got their pot piece there

Molten Core Raider
Yep, they suck. Save that piece til last, then being nearly finished with the pot will add to the motivation to grind it out. Im gonna spend some more time farming for the compass parts I need, it's just a shame this event doesnt up the drop chance as well.