Black Desert

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Between the cloud accessory and season rewards, try to fill your belt, neck and 1 ring slot with pen capotia or cloud (as these can last you to 305 AP pretty much). Don't bother with earrings, you can use pen tuvala there until you go for tet distos or tet narcs. Overnight/afk fishing is good right now with the chest event, theres a spot in velia where you can fish them, you'll see a bunch of people there fishing. Other than that, try and set a few daily goals so you know what to focus on and then don't burnout beyond that. Important goals for you would be doing n steps of a journal (you'll want to get the agris journal done asap if you haven't, then work on AP/DP ones), imperial cooking turnin, grind your 1 hour marni realm at a potion piece spot (while also doing seasonal weekly / potion piece weekly / jetina accessory daily / using your 20k daily agris at the same time for maximum return).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well attempt at a dream horse went as expected. :)

Only had enough for 5 attemps...first attempt was 1% chance, each failure increases chance by a whopping 0.2%. So I am now at a 2% chance for nest time. :)

I still have lots of material but no more Krogdalo Origin Stone. I'm not buying those at 40millions each...yet. :)

I bet I get one before 2025 rolls in.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Between the cloud accessory and season rewards, try to fill your belt, neck and 1 ring slot with pen capotia or cloud (as these can last you to 305 AP pretty much). Don't bother with earrings, you can use pen tuvala there until you go for tet distos or tet narcs. Overnight/afk fishing is good right now with the chest event, theres a spot in velia where you can fish them, you'll see a bunch of people there fishing. Other than that, try and set a few daily goals so you know what to focus on and then don't burnout beyond that. Important goals for you would be doing n steps of a journal (you'll want to get the agris journal done asap if you haven't, then work on AP/DP ones), imperial cooking turnin, grind your 1 hour marni realm at a potion piece spot (while also doing seasonal weekly / potion piece weekly / jetina accessory daily / using your 20k daily agris at the same time for maximum return).
What's the chest event?

And I've got a PEN Capotia Ring, so guessing grab the Cloud belt, and then Capotia neck at end of this season?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What's the chest event?

And I've got a PEN Capotia Ring, so guessing grab the Cloud belt, and then Capotia neck at end of this season?

It's this event. Basically obtain chest by killing monsters, gathering or fishing and turn them in for some rewards.

Oh and make sure to use coupon codes for bunch of random items.

I believe these are still active. Check mail for the rewards.

CALP-HEON-GIFT-4YOU
CALP-HEON-QUIZ-SHOW
LAFI-RYKY-ENDL-AIVE
NODE-WARS-WITH-RYKY
MAEG-UWIT-HAHA-MMER
IAMM-AEGU-IAMW-OOSA
MAEG-UHAS-COME-TOUS

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to get my 2nd courser today. 4 levels to go and 1 skill missing and only 3 skill left to learn, and it has 2 seater too so that's kinda cool....well it would be if I played with someone. Worse case is I will need to use a skill change, but still have a lot left. :)

My new fairy is simply amazing, it's going to be almost perfect.
Miraculous Cheer V
Feathery Weight V
Tingling Breath V
Continuous Cheer V (I had 9 orbs from events, enough for 2 rerolls, I bought 3 to get a 3rd reroll and got the skill)

Still need 5 levels to get the last skill. I'm really not sure what I want, don't think it matters much.
Morningstar (make fairy glows, that's useless)
Inexhaustible Well (drink in the desert automatically, pretty useless as I'm rarely there, and the debuff is pretty meaningless these days)
Fairy's Tear (auto-rez without death penalty, nice but I don't die often and have like 200+ Elion Tears)

The fairy is nice, I wish my luck carried to other stuff but sadly it seems all of it is in the fairy. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well attempt at a dream horse went as expected. :)

Only had enough for 5 attemps...first attempt was 1% chance, each failure increases chance by a whopping 0.2%. So I am now at a 2% chance for nest time. :)

I still have lots of material but no more Krogdalo Origin Stone. I'm not buying those at 40millions each...yet. :)

I bet I get one before 2025 rolls in.
My first Dream Horse took i think 50 or 51 attempts and a couple years of playing off and on to get the mats. Fucking painful. I took a video of the last attempts just to record my grief. But it ended up being a Pegasus and after training it, one of the faster ones.

Second Dream Horse only took 8 or 9 attempts, also a Peg. Rng is ugly in every part of BDO. Overall, it would have been cheaper / faster to just buy one. But I like horse training and long ago gave up on any idea of it being economical.

I have an alt farmer that that only grows DH mats. When I play it works out to a few attempts a week.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My first Dream Horse took i think 50 or 51 attempts and a couple years of playing off and on to get the mats. Fucking painful. I took a video of the last attempts just to record my grief. But it ended up being a Pegasus and after training it, one of the faster ones.

Second Dream Horse only took 8 or 9 attempts, also a Peg. Rng is ugly in every part of BDO. Overall, it would have been cheaper / faster to just buy one. But I like horse training and long ago gave up on any idea of it being economical.

I have an alt farmer that that only grows DH mats. When I play it works out to a few attempts a week.

I haven't dabbled in farming yet, but I'll have to look into if I can get DH mats out of it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So with all this free PEN shit, I'm not sure what I should be doing.

I was thinking take the Magnus one for Red Nose, to convert to Fallen God (does this version work for that?).
Jetina weapon and do main hand? Or should I buy that?
Jetina armor 1 do helmet for the Labreska eventually.
Jetina armor 2 do gloves.

I'm never going to do my own enhancing again, so then I'd buy a PEN Kutum.

I know this is kind of a "long range" plan, but when I finish Magnus I have no clue what to pick, and the rest seems to flow off that choice.

Oh, and does the season conversion matter at all anymore since you can convert every piece with Jetina?

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So with all this free PEN shit, I'm not sure what I should be doing.

I was thinking take the Magnus one for Red Nose, to convert to Fallen God (does this version work for that?).
Jetina weapon and do main hand? Or should I buy that?
Jetina armor 1 do helmet for the Labreska eventually.
Jetina armor 2 do gloves.

I'm never going to do my own enhancing again, so then I'd buy a PEN Kutum.

I know this is kind of a "long range" plan, but when I finish Magnus I have no clue what to pick, and the rest seems to flow off that choice.

Oh, and does the season conversion matter at all anymore since you can convert every piece with Jetina?
Given that the price for PEN gear is pretty cheap these days, the value of Jetina is less than it was in the past, but its still nice. The Jetina Accessory is a must though for sure.

Ideally you want TET BLackstar weapons, with whichever playstyle you use most being the first (Succession or Awakening). I used Jetina to get a PEN Kutum, then eventually bought a TET BS Offhand to cry about failing PEN attempts on. Having TET BS weapons will carry you for a long time allowing you to focus on other parts of your gear.

So, coming out of Seasons, with all that is available, I think I would do:

Magnus = Red Nose. Get a pre order up for the Flame, while you grind for Caphras to get the Red Nose to c10.
Jetina = PEN Accessory, get the PEN Crescent Ring.
Jetina = PEN Helmet. Get another pre order for the other Flame, while still grinding for Caphras to hit c10.
Jetina = PEN Gloves. I think the 2nd PEN Gear is still decently cheaper than buying the actual PEN off Market.
Jetina = PEN Weapon. Can't really offer advice on which to get, as getting TET Blackstar is the path.
Tuvala Conversion = Doesn't really matter, but pick a Weapon. One that if you were tap it to PEN would give you the most benefit.

Grinding:
I would suggest spending most of your time at the various Infinite Potion spots, maybe with dumping Agris in a higher value spot. Burn your Energy at Nighttime Sherekhan, then recover Energy while grinding elsewhere (its also very cheap on Agris, so use it there before burning it all at a higher value spot). You'll be making a nice amount of silver by doing this. Note, each of the HP Pot places have nice bonus drops that can boost your silver. Over time you're looking at grinding for, and spending many billions of silver to get geared.

After getting the Sherekhan HP Pot piece (shouldn't take that long), burn your Energy at Navarn Steppe killing the Ferrica/Ferrinca, always have a pre order up for the Magic Tanning Knife, as those are bonkers good for getting pity pieces.

Decent vid with some basic info on "how to grind", lots of non obvious stuff:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do the math on the 2nd Jetina armor piece, I'm not sure its cheaper. Regarding weapons, you mostly want a mainhand blackstar, awakening would be 2nd priority only if you play an awakening spec, and offhand blackstar is not really worth it over kutum, just C7 your kutum eventually. Once you have your tet blackstar, you can turn it into god-ayed and duo that for an easy 3 AP as well.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
If you have Amazon Prime, go to twitch and you can claim a "Horse Gear Set Box", a choice of 1 of 4 different cosmetic gear for your horse.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
After getting my first courser last week, got 2 more(with the use of about 18 change skill coupon), I have 1 or 2 left now. Never bought any so going to be hard to get courser now. These last 2 are priced at 1.4B so kinda nice coursers with 2 seater skill too.

Working on a new one, and it's not going to happen, it's 24 with still 4 skill missing and with only 2 coupons left, not going to happen.

At least I have a bunch of level 30 Tier 8 to breed. I think I can get at around 4-6 new horse with all the tier 8 I have to breed. I think I have 1 or 2 breed reset coupons somewhere too, so might be able to get more.

I'm also an idiot, I'm trying to get all the Manos tools at TRI. I needed to buy a pickaxe and none were for sale so I placed a pre-order on the low end at just over 1B...but I fucked up and actually bought a lumberjack axe which I already had. :(

I put it up for sale at max price, think I'll break even after the tax, so not too bad.

You know, I'm making like zero progress in the game by doing too many things at once rather than concentrate on 1 thing. I'm having a blast though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
With these two Fughar timepieces, anyone got any suggestions for classes?

My account is currently:
61 Lahn
61 Maegu
56 DK
56 Wizard
56 Striker
20ish Warrior (going to use one timepiece on him)

I don't give a shit about PVP. I'm leaning towards guardian or berserker. Anyone know if life skills are impacted by the timepiece? The warrior is (was?) my horse trainer, and I'd hate to lose that xp. But also if I were to grind some levels on my Maegu it'd be nice to get free life skill levels on two chars.

Also, how feasible is 62? I see people saying it's an easy grind, but so far that seems to be a lie. Maybe I'm just not doing it right?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Where are you grinding at? I guess it would depend on what you personally would consider easy but last time I played 62 was what I would consider pretty easy to get and i'm sure it hasn't gotten any worse/longer.

Kind of been getting the urge to reinstall this and get myself all fired up to ragequit when I fail to make a single shred of progress on my gear over the course of a couple months again, is the current season almost over or still got a while left? Might just wait til the start of next one if it's close.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Where are you grinding at? I guess it would depend on what you personally would consider easy but last time I played 62 was what I would consider pretty easy to get and i'm sure it hasn't gotten any worse/longer.

Kind of been getting the urge to reinstall this and get myself all fired up to ragequit when I fail to make a single shred of progress on my gear over the course of a couple months again, is the current season almost over or still got a while left? Might just wait til the start of next one if it's close.
Little over 2 weeks for season left.

Been grinding at Kagtum's, but only for potion piece. Guessing the exp there blows?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With full xp buffs go grind desert Fogans til 62, it's a very chill grind and you make decent silver.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Little over 2 weeks for season left.

Been grinding at Kagtum's, but only for potion piece. Guessing the exp there blows?
In regards to your question about using 2 timepieces, which character is your Season? Assing you didn't like the playatyles of any of the sub 61's, I'd go with Witch since it's my fav. 😏

Zerker is great if you can manage to stay in beastform as much as possible. Classes have such diverse playatyles that it is hard to recommend them as they just might not click with you. As for grinding, as I mentioned above, desert Fogans is the best xp at a one shot area that a seasonal can get.

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Kagtums was somewhere in the middle last time I played, I never did as good there as I did at a few other places, money wise or exp wise but it does have the potion piece side benefit.

I did my last couple trips to 62 at mostly hexe sanctuary I think (the tombstones that spawn a bunch of mobs), fogans is good too but I always hated going out there so I never really put any time there on any chars. Pretty sure pollys should still be good exp to 62 too but on season pvp it was usually just a giant brawl after the first week or so of any new season as people got their full gear finished.

No clue if any new areas have been added or changed, I think the last time I played was for corsair and uhh maybe there was a season after that where they didn't release a char? Don't remember for sure.

With only 2 weeks left I suppose i'll just wait til a new season to actually give it another go, assuming I still have the itch when it comes around.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did 62 at mirumok(Trees) this season. Was pretty easy. Only did an hour at a time, and was getting about 12% in that hour(before this 500% buff and after that amazing 1000% bonus they had).

I used 1 timepeice just for a boss alt(ranger) and then 2nd into the maegu.

And no it doesnt do lifeskills. Just exp and skill exp(not books or such iirc, just earned).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Kagtums was somewhere in the middle last time I played, I never did as good there as I did at a few other places, money wise or exp wise but it does have the potion piece side benefit.

I did my last couple trips to 62 at mostly hexe sanctuary I think (the tombstones that spawn a bunch of mobs), fogans is good too but I always hated going out there so I never really put any time there on any chars. Pretty sure pollys should still be good exp to 62 too but on season pvp it was usually just a giant brawl after the first week or so of any new season as people got their full gear finished.

No clue if any new areas have been added or changed, I think the last time I played was for corsair and uhh maybe there was a season after that where they didn't release a char? Don't remember for sure.

With only 2 weeks left I suppose i'll just wait til a new season to actually give it another go, assuming I still have the itch when it comes around.
People apparently still recommend doing one for the end of season reward and free shit.

And my season char is the Maegu. I guess I'm not sure why I feel the need to make another character for the timepiece. I think I'm still going to main my Lahn, so having another character with shit gear isn't all that useful. Between my other 5 characters I'm pretty sure I can handle parking them anywhere I need to. Can save the slot for next season I suppose.