Black Desert

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I just slogged through all that, all the wallet-warriors need to do the same :p
Fuck that. It's like when they offered the horse whistle as a "daily". Grind it out for 30 days of dailies or buy it for $15 on the cash shop? Hmm....

And that's why I don't play BDO anymore. They intentionally design shit systems like that. If you make the systems actually fun, engaging, and rewarding, people will WANT to do it. If you purposely design it to be a massive PITA, people will pay to skip it if given the option. And in true Korean fashion, they give you the "option".

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hit my goal of 301 (302) AP tonight with a lucky drop of Vell's Heart. Sold it and was able to get a TET Tungrad Belt and TET Tungrad Ring. Got the TET Distortion a few days ago after getting Kutum to c7. Now I can place a PO on Garmoth's Heart and pray this drop event works for me.

Edit: Then I get a Karanda Heart too. If you all can get on for the various world bosses during this double drop event, I would try too. If not, try to get a pre order up for Garmoth's Heart, there will be a lot sold. It looked like over 50 Vell Hearts sold tonight at least.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looking at the Jetina upgrade path for armor, its not really worth it to pen more than 1 armor, and the weapons maybe just pen your awakening. After that its cheaper to just buy the pens off the market, although upgrading the rest of your jetina pieces to reform level 4 and using them for an alt might be nice if you need that/when you can justify the cost.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Interesting there didn't show the fox tails buff/transformation thing that was in the mobile video, maybe a skill that comes later(not sure if awakening is available right away for these). Looks pretty cool though and much more my aesthetic than the other char, next time I play this I'll definitely make one.

Molten Core Raider
Grats! Im hoping to get lucky from Nouver/Garmy kills over the course of the event. I spent too much of my money on horse gear for some reason and now I cant afford a Garm heart PO anymore. I really do make questionable choices sometimes, but my horse is very dapper now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looks like we're getting a second fughars timepiece and another set of narchillen with maegu, my guess is she's coming next week.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, she pops on GLabs on Monday, then released on Wednesday, I think. Happy for the Timepiece, but I do find it easier to learn a class by leveling up vs immediate lvl62.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yea, she pops on GLabs on Monday, then released on Wednesday, I think. Happy for the Timepiece, but I do find it easier to learn a class by leveling up vs immediate lvl62.

Same here, it’s easier to learn a class by leveling up than timepiece. So far I’ve barely touched the classes I’ve timepiece because I’m too lazy to learn them. So I’m debating wether I want to timepiece her or another her, and level her up the old fashion way.

I may way to see the Woosa awakening first since it’s supposed to be the same as the main weapon for Maegu and vice versa. I like the Woosa but the movement in the video for Maegu seems to flow much smoother than Woosa.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Witch/Wiz have spoiled me for basic dodge movement as they are the only classes to use double tap-direction va shift+direction, which feels a lot more cumbersome. I imagine Maefi is going to be using shift+direction a lot, so she might suck for me.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Witch/Wiz have spoiled me for basic dodge movement as they are the only classes to use double tap-direction va shift+direction, which feels a lot more cumbersome. I imagine Maefi is going to be using shift+direction a lot, so she might suck for me.

I feel completely opposite, I hate the double direction key dash, takes twice as long to input. On my succ DK, I'm constantly moving and there's no way I could be as quick if I was using couble tap vs shift+tap.

Molten Core Raider
I feel like most of my attacks with the Nova require shift, so Ive almost always got it held down. Pretty much every character Ive put significant time in was that way. Moving like that is too ingrained at this point.

Didnt they say another Jhammer would go out with the Maegu release? I havent had any real disappointment in the lately so I need to fail another PEN attempt.

• 1Like

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Game is good so far*. Finished my tuvala gear a while ago and am almost level 61.

Started working on jetina dailies and finishing up Any season quests. Speaking of quests...

...I finished the Atoraxxion quest on solo mode. Holy shit is that a janky fucked up mess. And that light pillar puzzle is a big fuck you.

I even fell off a bridge at one point and spent 15 minutes finding a path back up from the stupid puddle I landed in.

I felt like I needed a shower after that experience.

Last night I was reading the item descriptions of the crystals they give you for following the main quests. I realized I could make a second rebel spirit crystal if I extracted three of them. Spent 150 million in materials for extractions and 650ish million worth of crystals to make a 980 million crystal.

This game hides a ton of information in plain sight. Just reading everything and opening 15 tabs in a browser looking stuff up and suddenly you feel like a genius, even if you are figuring it out really late.

The game is incredibly dense but eventually starts to crack open. The only thing that's sort of a drag is realizing that no matter what I am doing, I would be more profitable/efficient to just go grind shit. I don't think I would last if that was the only thing I did.

Doesn't matter I am still going to work on life skills because it's interesting to figure them out.

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm a real boomer when it comes to this game, and I don't use WASD for movement... which the game assumes you do. I use WQSE for movement, so classes that use a lot of Q / E / F skills messes with me a lot. If the F skill(s) are really good, I swap it with R, and if the Q / E skills cannot be placed on the Hotbar, I typically ignore them or the class itself entirely.

Pancreas Pancreas Sounds like you're doing well. Lifeskills are pretty straightforward, though Farming, Training, Hunting have some depth to them. I recommend leveling up Alchemy even if its a real pain in the compared to Cooking, once you hit Guru you'll open up gambling with Lightstones which can give a HUGE payoff (billions).

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I'm a real boomer when it comes to this game, and I don't use WASD for movement... which the game assumes you do. I use WQSE for movement, so classes that use a lot of Q / E / F skills messes with me a lot. If the F skill(s) are really good, I swap it with R, and if the Q / E skills cannot be placed on the Hotbar, I typically ignore them or the class itself entirely.

Pancreas Pancreas Sounds like you're doing well. Lifeskills are pretty straightforward, though Farming, Training, Hunting have some depth to them. I recommend leveling up Alchemy even if its a real pain in the compared to Cooking, once you hit Guru you'll open up gambling with Lightstones which can give a HUGE payoff (billions).
Is alch still worth it? I got to master and quit as I started cooking/gathering to get them to Guru. Was thinking of doing farming/alch next.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I use WQSE for movement
Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

• 2Solidarity

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm even worse.

I use the direction keys for movement and surrounding keys (Numpad, DEL, END, etc.) for abilities.

That muscle-memory is so ingrained that I literally cannot play a game that won't allow me to re-bind keys to the right side of the keyboard. Monster Hunter is one of the games in recent memory that I had to instantly refund because I couldn't play it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm even worse.

I use the direction keys for movement and surrounding keys (Numpad, DEL, END, etc.) for abilities.

That muscle-memory is so ingrained that I literally cannot play a game that won't allow me to re-bind keys to the right side of the keyboard. Monster Hunter is one of the games in recent memory that I had to instantly refund because I couldn't play it.
Use a controller for Monster Hunter, how it was meant to be played! Don't miss out on such an amazing franchise (World / Rise).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is alch still worth it? I got to master and quit as I started cooking/gathering to get them to Guru. Was thinking of doing farming/alch next.
Alchemy is 100% worth putting in the effort to hit Guru, since you can process imperfect lightstones into purified lightstones for very little compared to non alchemist, for a chance at those Strikes, Lucks, or Fortunes...$$$.