Black Desert

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That fairy is fantastic! How many rerolls did it take you to get the V's?
Only 5 totals. :)

It basically went like this:
Feathery Weight V, no rerolls
Miraculous Cheer V, no rerolls
Tingling Breath V, 2 rerolls
Continuous Care V, 3 rerolls(had to buy some orbs for the 3rd reroll)
Fairy's Tear IV, no rerolls

Only thing I've been lucky with in BDO so far. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I just levelled my fairy to t5 (didn't even know you could til last night after I was done) and it got continuous care V. Didn't really need it but it was nice that it hit. Mine has uhh, feathery 3, tear 1, morningstar and cheer 5 (the only one I really care about, altho the res and weight are useful sometimes).

Failed both my J hammer pen blackstar attempts and then I decided to be silly and try to pen my valtarra belt on my 195 stack after since I got the capotia to replace it from season reward this time. Not sure if I want to use my crons to try another pen blackstar swing or save them for other stuff like normal boss armors where at least I get caphras for deleting them.

Not sure how I feel about the grinding situation now... I used to kind of like it last time I played because variety was possible but now it seems like mixing it up just hard gimps you because some spots are absolute trash now with all the various trash loot changes.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I fucking loathe the enhancing system in this game, however, I really want a TET Blackstar main weapon. Looking at the prices, assuming I could fill a pre-order, I'm looking at 2b for a DUO, or 3b for a TRI.

I've got Advice of Valks out the fucking ass, as well as like 150 Artisan's Memory. Also currently sitting on a 151 stack on my Lahn.

With a TET costing about 15b, would it be worthwhile to just yolo it? Seems like even failing 20 times I'd come out WAY ahead, especially if I used the Artisan's Memory.

I'm not hoarding any of this enhancing shit mostly because I loathe it so much that I'll probably only ever use J Hammers for PEN attempts.

I've got about 6.5b silver at the moment, and it'd bump me up from 259 to 268 AP (2 whole AP brackets, and they're the two biggest at 18 and 21). I'm a shit farmer, although I did luck out at Miru today and made about 500m silver in an hour. Even if I were to get lucky like that every hour, I'm looking at 17 hours of farming. More likely closer to 20-25.

Edit: You know what, I typed all that and forgot about the crons. I've got a bit over 3k saved up. But I forgot about how failing drops your level. Yeah, that's why I fucking hate this system. Probably better off buying it. Ugh, this game.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I fucking loathe the enhancing system in this game, however, I really want a TET Blackstar main weapon. Looking at the prices, assuming I could fill a pre-order, I'm looking at 2b for a DUO, or 3b for a TRI.

I've got Advice of Valks out the fucking ass, as well as like 150 Artisan's Memory. Also currently sitting on a 151 stack on my Lahn.

With a TET costing about 15b, would it be worthwhile to just yolo it? Seems like even failing 20 times I'd come out WAY ahead, especially if I used the Artisan's Memory.

I'm not hoarding any of this enhancing shit mostly because I loathe it so much that I'll probably only ever use J Hammers for PEN attempts.

I've got about 6.5b silver at the moment, and it'd bump me up from 259 to 268 AP (2 whole AP brackets, and they're the two biggest at 18 and 21). I'm a shit farmer, although I did luck out at Miru today and made about 500m silver in an hour. Even if I were to get lucky like that every hour, I'm looking at 17 hours of farming. More likely closer to 20-25.

Edit: You know what, I typed all that and forgot about the crons. I've got a bit over 3k saved up. But I forgot about how failing drops your level. Yeah, that's why I fucking hate this system. Probably better off buying it. Ugh, this game.
I have a TET offhand that I tap for PEN when I have enough crons, on a 240-ish stack. Hasn't went yet obviously. A lot of people will say to raw tap for TET attempts, then cron the TRI attempts. This is an ok system, it doesn't take many crons for the duo - tri attempt.... but it can take many attempts to hit TRI for another TET attempt. Personally, I'd just buy it. The grind is well worth the time. Not sure I'd grind Miru for any reason though, since there are better options.

zombiewizardhawk zombiewizardhawk Gravel Gravel Where do you normally grind, and why? I'm curious. I'm now at 302/380, and I still mostly grind at places where I one shot. Recently finished the pity grind at Tshira, maybe 12hrs total, but I made billions between Trash / Rings / Other.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I went there just mostly because it seemed on the higher end for my gear score. At least for silver/hr. The exp is good too, as I'd like 62 on my main.

I don't really one shot anything except really, really shitty mobs (like Kragtums or Manshaums). And the silver wouldn't be there. Although I do still need every pot piece.

I probably need to go ahead and just buy the fucking premium tent. My shit breaks halfway through an hour (my TET Kzarka is at 62 max durability).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Probably better off buying it. Ugh, this game.
Always. Never rely on "luck" in BDO. The people who "profit" from enhancing have been playing the game for 6+ years and have a capital base large enough to come out ahead over thousands of attempts.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I have a TET offhand that I tap for PEN when I have enough crons, on a 240-ish stack. Hasn't went yet obviously. A lot of people will say to raw tap for TET attempts, then cron the TRI attempts. This is an ok system, it doesn't take many crons for the duo - tri attempt.... but it can take many attempts to hit TRI for another TET attempt. Personally, I'd just buy it. The grind is well worth the time. Not sure I'd grind Miru for any reason though, since there are better options.

zombiewizardhawk zombiewizardhawk Gravel Gravel Where do you normally grind, and why? I'm curious. I'm now at 302/380, and I still mostly grind at places where I one shot. Recently finished the pity grind at Tshira, maybe 12hrs total, but I made billions between Trash / Rings / Other.

In the past I used to throw star's end into the rotation but its poop now (i literally never get disto drops, i've done like 30-50 hours on various chars and had 0 disto drops ever). I tried it for one hour the other day and I think I made like 2% exp and 60m silver lol. Before all these trash loot changes it used to be not awful silver compared to trees or marie cave or anywhere else but now I get about 200m at miru if I don't have agris and 350-400m or so with agris, plus any belt drops, which this is the first season i've actually gotten those but i've gotten 7 or 8 now in 5ish hours. One hour dropped 3, couple hours with 1 and couple hours with 0. I also have loved marie cave ever since it was a spot, money is quite a bit worse than trees now but exp is almost the same and changing it up is nice sometimes.

I used to like thornwood too but that also seems like a waste of time now with the various trash loot changes. Maybe it'll get a buff soon cause I liked being able to throw in that spot for some variety. Aakmen/hystria seem like they've fallen to trash tier too.

In the past I used to throw in blood wolves and sherekhan quite a bit too, before pity pieces were a thing, but blood wolves especially can be busy on season pvp and I haven't bothered trying it yet. Maybe once I hit 62. I'm around 65% and get 8-10% an hour at trees so only like 4 hours to go on that.

On my non-season char, the last time I played I was doing uhh, I think it was biraghi den elvia. I always liked doing kratuga too in the past but it seems like a crap spot now so I haven't gone there. Actually doing my jetina dailies now that I came back, almost have enough to get my earring to tet. Had 268ap when I popped on the char, I think the tet earring would put her at 270. Armor is just full tuvala tho, will have to work on some pen boss armors soonish probably.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I believe PA made the trash loot changes to various places to allow people to grind for the secondary items and still make quite a bit of pure silver, and/or allow Season players to make lots of silver easily. The highly geared players grinding at the high end - Hexe / Orcs / Trolls / L. Sycraia / L. Gyfin - can make billions, sure, but you gotta get there first. ;p

Centaurs is the most busted place though, and I'm surprised PA hasn't fixed it, since it breaks the rules they place for most other Valencia spots. Yet, to make insane silver there requires a class with high mobility, the faster you are, the more you'll make. Make a Valk, learn how to zoom zoom and make yourself more than anywhere else at low AP.

I find the pity system to be really nice in that people can grind those spots, get progress towards a goal, and make nice silver during the process. Like Bloodwolves, grinding there for an hour and you might come away thinking its total trash, but grind there for the pity pieces and juiced up Item Drop? You'll start to see nice silver income, especially now with the prices of Dark Fang crystals. All the Pot spots will make you nice silver, over time.

Miru is alright, but I view it only as an xp spot still, as my experience has seen more silver/hr from Pila Ku / Sulfur with Agris, with the Scrolls or Stones being a nice bonus. No grind spot really sucks now, imo, except maybe Pollys / Fadus / Calpheon Elvia (except Hexe/Trolls). Last season, when I made a Wiz, I would burn 100k Agris at Pila Ku, with around 250% Item Drop, my best grind got me about 825m (trash+everything), but xp sucked total ass. This season, I spent most of my time at Fogans, far less silver of course, about 250m in trash average (with Agris since its so cheap), but the xp was great.

So, I think the majority of spots are good to great, with the truly high end spots being incredible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I haven't tried sulfur or pila ku since I came back with the new changes but i'll get there eventually i'm sure. Really aiming for 62 for timepieces before any of that, tho, so trees it is for now. Heard about centaurs being busted but my season char is maegu so never went. I was gonna do some basi but it looks like they didn't buff basi trash for some reason?

Its not so much that everywhere sucks, its that the places I personally liked to mix in to my rotations in the past (stars end, thornwood, hystria/aakmen/kratuga) didn't get trash loot buffs whenever they buffed all these other places so now they just give way less silver in comparison and thus I can't make myself do them. Small differences in income I can deal with but 50-100m/hr vs 200-300m/hr is too big of a gap for my poor self to overlook.

Edit:

Hmm just happened to have a hystria grind video pop up on youtube and maybe they buffed up the amount of trash it drops to equal it out with the other spots getting higher values or something, so I guess that's nice. I'll have to pop over there and aakmen after I get 62 too and see for myself how it goes I guess.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So my Value Pack from coming back ran out today. And with it, my storage all the sudden got a bit tight (although the Magnus stuff definitely helps).

As such, I'm thinking I need to reevaluate my workers. They're probably the same as they've been for 2-4 years.

I'm wondering though, are workers even worth a shit anymore? When grinding gives you hundreds of millions an hour, workers who were balanced around 20 million an hour seem...worthless? For instance, I've got 55k wheat that's accumulated over forever. If I sold it all, it's not quite 100m. I know that's passive, but the reality is we're talking more like maybe a million a day (just guessing). I'm tempted to just dump almost all my nodes and instead go for shit like max storage with my CP and investing in grinding nodes.

Am I misreading it? Is any of this still worth it in 2023?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Preorder for pri hunters clothes filled overnight and got 50 conc black gems pretty fast today after putting up an order. Ended up getting the clothes to tet on 2nd round of enhances, only took 20 gems and 30 memes + artisans in total, so that was nice. Urge to swing for pen was strong but I managed to stop myself, i'll just try and get another set to smash for pens I think.

Still can't decide what classes I want to timepiece this season. The only 2 chars I don't have are drakania and woosa but i'll also need a char to play next season so I dunno if I want it to be one of those two or I could delete one of my current chars that I didn't actually play for the next season. About half of them I just levelled up to 56-58 for family fame back in the day when they had tagged exp.

Molten Core Raider
It is still possible to buy costumes off the auction house?
Yeah, it can be annoying though. If youre looking to buy them to melt into crons, pre-order costumes that come in the premium pack, classic pack, etc because those get handed out as rewards often.

If you're looking for a costume to wear, your mileage will vary depending on class and what's currently in the shop. Whales buy what's on sale so the chances of getting a specific premium outfit for a specific class if there's cheaper options on the pearl shop, you could end up waiting a while. If it's something you're wanting to wear, wait until they do one of those $60 double pearl packs, throw a little money at the game and buy the one you want and have some pearls to stockpile for later.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
So...everywhere sucks?
Depends what you want. If you are talking just silver rotations there has never been a better time for BDO. The odd thing about this game, grinding at your gear level is never as profitable (now especially) as grinding below it. With the changes in Valencia, going to Elvia at gear level wont get you anything like you can get at Crescents/Pila/Sulfur/and frogs. Frogs give good exp and you can one shot groups of them at AP245, but less silver. Crescents give ok silver, and you can get the mini gatekeeper to spawn which, for me, has a greater than 50% ring drop rate.
Centaurs suck in my opinion because they are too spread out. Cadry is good, but you can burn through them so fast, you need a big rotation. Pila and Sulfur are easy and can give good loot. You can get contested areas due to map drops, but especially in sulfur, if you move up the mountain you can find good rotations. Pila you may need to just switch channels, if you grind there you need to be at the best map drop areas or it is a waste of time.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's odd, because everyone keeps saying trees suck, but I've done four 1 hour grind sessions there and I'm managing about 450-550 million an hour. That's at 260/328. Bonus is I'm getting about 10-12% xp too at level 61.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I've been saying trees are good money now on my season char!

2/3/2/2 is some nice rng on belts. On my hours from 61-62 I had one hour with 3, one hour with 2, and like 3 hours with 1 + 4 hours with 0. I'm going around testing different spots now that i'm 62 but I don't think i'm going to find something equal to trees on the silver front, let alone the exp on top. Just did Aakmen for about 1.5 hours and it looks like it's just a bit under trees when it comes to silver. I tried an hour at thornwood just cause I like it but its exactly how it was last time I played a couple years ago so basically pointless to me now. I've always sort of liked crescents and had decent rng on the rings so with them being worth 80m now i'll try and do a couple hours there to check the silver and maybe i'll deal with the annoying trip through the desert to do sulfur some too this week.

Edit: Did about 45 minutes at cadry, not a fan. Gotta use lvl 2 loot or agris to get more than 1 trash piece to drop, lvl 1 loot everything still only gave 1. If I adjust it out to 1 hour instead of the 45 minutes it'd probably have been about 200-250m total (trash/scrolls/caphras/etc.) which is pretty bad IMO for having to use t2 scroll and/or agris. Maybe a faster class than maegu could do better.

Last edited:

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Cool info in trees! I know they got a bad rap for a long time, I'm going to have to retry them again. I agree on Thornwood. It is fun, but I'm only there to try for the armor pieces. Otherwise there are so many better places.

You will like Crescents for the mind-numbing ease. Usually there is no one there due to the desert effects, but with Magnus just make sure you have water in some bank and you are golden. I've been doing the whole area as a rotation. The huge drawback to these areas is any competition. Since they are so easy (pila and Sulfur too) there just isnt enough room due to the wide rotation.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's odd, because everyone keeps saying trees suck, but I've done four 1 hour grind sessions there and I'm managing about 450-550 million an hour. That's at 260/328. Bonus is I'm getting about 10-12% xp too at level 61.

View attachment 457330
About what I was getting. i did my 61 to 62 there. I didn't have great luck with belts, tons of those manshaum scrolls though. I was using 530%, 600% scrolls, the 400% artifact, and the pets I have with combat exp. Though I also didn't burn my loot scrolls there(using them mostly for infinite pot piece places or stars end).