Black Desert

riptorn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Woot, just got my first dream horse after 18 attempts. Got the unicorn Dine.

I don’t try very often still have mats for 9 more attempts. I guess I need a new T8. :)
You will get that in the new season starting this week. "Training" season or whatever they are calling it. Looking forward to it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pro tip, the new Magnus 2nd puzzle is easily done with a Lahn. Had 30 seconds to spare. Just fly over the gaps.

For the first one, you don't need to stand on the circle, which helps so you can see everything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Probably about two weeks. Cobalt was super easy. It's the brilliants that suck. The combat artifacts aren't great either, but I was averaging 3 a day from barters at 3k. 5111 actually would make it insanely fast to get brilliants, but getting there from 3k takes a while.

Guildie recommended hunting candi's for the brilliants. Not sure how hard that'd be on a galleass though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not sure what my next step should be. I haven't really done any farming since finishing my infinite pot. Currently with about 6 billion silver. I know the recommended one is a Vell's, but I'm really hoping one finally just drops. I kind of paused doing AP upgrades since I was at super low DP, and went ahead and upgraded to FG Armor. Not sure if I should keep going for DP, jump up a bit in AP, or maybe go for some accuracy or something? Maybe start going for crystals (mine are pretty noob atm).

Untitled.png

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure what my next step should be. I haven't really done any farming since finishing my infinite pot. Currently with about 6 billion silver. I know the recommended one is a Vell's, but I'm really hoping one finally just drops. I kind of paused doing AP upgrades since I was at super low DP, and went ahead and upgraded to FG Armor. Not sure if I should keep going for DP, jump up a bit in AP, or maybe go for some accuracy or something? Maybe start going for crystals (mine are pretty noob atm).

View attachment 475154
I'm guessing the numbers on your Helm, Gloves and Offhand are their stage in upgrading to PEN or is that Caphras level?

I would work on DP, with the AP/DP you have atm you can grind most anywhere. Lahn does well at Orcs once you get familar with the mechanic there. You could also just sit in Pila Ku and make money there via trash / scrolls. You're at the stage where upgrades will be expensive. Do you grind much? Everything will be many billions of silver. Just how it will be, have patience and you'll get everything you work towards.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Helm is caphras level, gloves and offhand are jetina (reform level 4).

I haven't been grinding much lately. Like I said, I finished up my infinite HP pot and then basically did carrack shit almost exclusively. When I was doing Ronaros though, I was getting in generally 1-2 hours per day. I imagine at some point soon I'll probably start up a similar grind again; probably orcs to start but also grabbing fogans and nagas for cups.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Trained that T8 horse from season. Got it to courser by level 15 I think.

Figured I'd try for an ardunautt with all these free materials that have piled up that they keep giving away. Fucking 2 tapped it, and got another dine.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trained that T8 horse from season. Got it to courser by level 15 I think.

Figured I'd try for an ardunautt with all these free materials that have piled up that they keep giving away. Fucking 2 tapped it, and got another dine.
Lucky bastard. I trained up my t8 from last season, never hit courser. Maybe this one will though, not much time to play as last season though, other games to play first.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My spring season one was the dumbest horse ever. Think it was at 11 skills at level 15. Forechop coupon'd it, and it didn't learn a single skill all the way to 30.

I'm mostly annoyed that I got a 2nd dine (first was at 24 attempts, years ago). I really, really wanted that arduanatt.

Guild said I should try to t10 it (got male and female dines now), but that seems like a real fucking grind and shitty RNG fest.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Wanted to kill some time until D4 and noticed this had a new season release just a couple days ago. I have a 650 GS Awakened Guardian, but I remembered how boring she was after about 20 minutes of grinding again. Started a Lahn on one of the season servers named Philahnderer.

Anything I should know that has changed in the past 2 years, aside from all the new classes? Last time I played Corsair had just released.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>

View attachment 475154
Have you started working on Labreska’s helmet?? That and going for Pen Dandi/Kutum seems like the next step

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do your magnus questline, unlocks fast travel around the world.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
19 attempts to get Fallen God DUO to hit. Which is almost 3 times the average.

Wiped out years of memory fragments, caphras, advice of valks, and hard/sharps.

This game fucking sucks donkey dick sometimes.

Anyway, I've got 14.5b burning a hole in my pocket. Can't decide between Vells, Urugons, or really, possibly crystals since I've super neglected them.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Which I never used yet, I did that entire quest line for the greatest reward ever, LINKED STORAGE!
Fuckin' A. The linked storage and fast travel are such nice ass additions since I last played. Amazing QOL.
19 attempts to get Fallen God DUO to hit. Which is almost 3 times the average.

Wiped out years of memory fragments, caphras, advice of valks, and hard/sharps.

This game fucking sucks donkey dick sometimes.
That's exactly why I'm so against self-enhancing. It's a fuckin' rich man's game, always has been. Just grind that shit and sell all of your upgrading "mats" to get there faster.
Anyway, I've got 14.5b burning a hole in my pocket. Can't decide between Vells, Urugons, or really, possibly crystals since I've super neglected them.
Crystals for sure. You don't have to go too nuts, since there is a possibility you'll lose them on death.

How much are Disto earrings these days? TET has to be around 14ish? I think it was around 15 when I quit. Either way, replace that garbage ass Tuvala for sure. Or even Urugan's/Muskan boots to replace your Tuvala there.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Enhancing my own Fallen God just cause it's so infrequently sold. I agree with you otherwise.

And TET Distos are like 24 million.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I wish they'd add "pity" versions of the other treasure items. It's great that they added "baby" versions of the infinite pots(goddamn do I wish they had this when I grinded mine - Ronaros took 70+ hours alone and was the last piece I needed for weeks), but I wish they'd do the same now for the map and compass. For the map they could have the cooldown start at 15 hours and reduce by 3 for each piece you acquire.

The compass is harder because of what it does. Disable the teleport until you have all 3 pieces, but allow it to function as a 1 day compass once/week at 1 piece, 3 day compass once/week at 2, and then normal function at all 3, obviously.

I'm probably just bitter because I finally got my 2nd Sulfur mine piece of the map and have been sitting for 40+ hours now at Pila Ku with jack shit.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I saw someone today say that Black Desert is basically becoming a season only type of game, and I'm thinking he was right.

Everything "end game" has been capped. And the new "expansion" doesn't even use your gear. So what's the point?

It seems like once you hit a certain AP (somewhere between 290 and 300 probably?) that the gear grind just disappears. It's like the developers decided that they didn't want anymore carrot after that point.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I saw someone today say that Black Desert is basically becoming a season only type of game, and I'm thinking he was right.

Everything "end game" has been capped. And the new "expansion" doesn't even use your gear. So what's the point?

It seems like once you hit a certain AP (somewhere between 290 and 300 probably?) that the gear grind just disappears. It's like the developers decided that they didn't want anymore carrot after that point.
I think 310AP is the highest recommended amount for a grind spot, so yea, if you hit 301AP, you're pretty much set and most likely just looking for small, non direct dmg upgrades.

I'd buy a Vells and a couple sets of Lightstones before going for gear Crystals.