Black Desert

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
If you are fighting over a mine, you don't need to be there unless you are actually mining it. Control belongs whoever is using it in the scenario I present, which is entirely ideal. The fact that some 'meter' should describe who doesnt or doesn't control some rock is just silly, and that's exactly how silly I find keep design to be.

As for aoes and friendly fire: Yes. I am all for this, but I think it only works in ffa style setups. It's too prone to trolling in rvr, but in ffa you can hold anyone accountable for their actions (or mistakes
biggrin.png
).

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Well I meant as a guild/corp/whatever, and you want to defend when not actually mining it so your opponent doesnt get it. You stay alpha lion by biting others to death before they are strong enough to challenge you. If you just sleep the day away and let the females hunt for you, some upstart lion will kill you because you didnt curb-stomp him 3 months ago. That pretty basic but you get my drift. Sounds to me like you are looking at it from an individual level where yea, I dont give a shit who else can mine it because obviously individually I cannot hope to prevent others from getting it while I sleep.

Friendly fire in a RVR setup allows you to hold people on your team accountable for their griefing, trolling or their mistakes. So regarding that I dont see too much difference to FFA. Social restrictions might come into play if the troll/retard is in your own guild, but that applies to RVR and FFA just the same and arent depending on the game.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
All the Pantheon lovers should join in on Black Desert. What the fuck are they doing over there.

Black Desert Won't Have Instant Dungeons
They won't add any instant dungeons in the second CBT, but will adjust the refresh time of monsters and add more refresh sites. All dungeons are open world dungeons and they are going to introduce some of this kind of open world dungeons in the upcoming CBT.
They don't have any plan to introduce instant dungeons like in other MMORPGs to Black Desert as the charm of MMORPG they think is the communication between players and seeing what others are doing while instant dungeons seem to isolate players from the outside open world. Kim said that they will think about introducing some similar features. Several players working together without external interaction in a instant dungeon to take down a powerful boss with different strategies and receive rewards is the good part of dungeon gameplay, and they will develop kind of collaboration gameplay instead with which 2-4 players can work together to take down a powerful boss in the field.
New Combat Effects & Guild Quests
In the second closed beta, a special combat effect will be added. If your character's leg is hit, it will make you move slower or even can't move. Guild quests are available but they are very difficult to complete. It is suggested that you do them with your guild mates to increase your guild contribution.
Mother of God.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Very impressive customization, hopefully gameplay will be just as impressive.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yup. Too bad all that eye detail affect about 3 pixels on the characters you cross on the capital streets, and you probably need 2mn to fully load all 40 characters during a keep pvp battle. But hey, shiny!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I have such a hardon for this game. I'm actually completely amazed that the setting looks...good! It's not full of the standard weeby asian bullshit you expect these days.

1080p gameplay/scenery/combat stuffs. Fapfapfapfapfap.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That is prly the best gameplay trailer ive ever seen for an mmo. Tho id like to see a full on 1080p version without the crappy pixelation from compression or whatnot.