Black Desert

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Does anyone on Edan have Gifts of Recommendation that they want to trade? I have 3, 4, and 5.

IGN: Seyli
I've got 1 I'd trade. Brikker (first name) Espadachin (family name). I only just found out recently you get gifts by sending them, I thought they were used to mail items you already had to someone else...

Vhaatz

Molten Core Raider
No go for me then. Thank you.
Getting straight-up ganked is pretty rare as far as my experience has been (been 50+ for 2 weeks now). The penalty for random PK is pretty massive and most players will avoid losing karma unnecessarily. After killing 7-8 players you become red and you cannot enter cities or the guards attack. Also, perhaps more importantly, other players can kill reds essentially without penalty and this makes farming karma backreallyrough as you'll get jumped by a lot of people. Most PVP occurs over farming spots and there is usually some type of exchange before the fighting starts... one group tells another to leave, they either leave or fight over it. However, guildwars allow members of the opposing guilds to attack each other without the karma penalty.

xzi

Mouthbreather
But keep in mind a majority of this game is centered around PvP in one way or another. There is a lot more to do than just that, but that's the main driving force.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting straight-up ganked is pretty rare as far as my experience has been (been 50+ for 2 weeks now). The penalty for random PK is pretty massive and most players will avoid losing karma unnecessarily. After killing 7-8 players you become red and you cannot enter cities or the guards attack. Also, perhaps more importantly, other players can kill reds essentially without penalty and this makes farming karma backreallyrough as you'll get jumped by a lot of people. Most PVP occurs over farming spots and there is usually some type of exchange before the fighting starts... one group tells another to leave, they either leave or fight over it. However, guildwars allow members of the opposing guilds to attack each other without the karma penalty.
I think players go red after killing 4 other players. I was sorta afk on a road near the Catfishmen the other day, then noticed something was hitting me. It was a red Wizzi on his horse, so I didn't do anything until he dismounted. We fought for a bit, had him around 30% and a Ranger shows up, Wizzi bails immediately..somehow mounts up and is instantly way far away. Must have been an uber horse.

Vhaatz

Molten Core Raider
But keep in mind a majority of this game is centered around PvP in one way or another. There is a lot more to do than just that, but that's the main driving force.
For sure, I've just been pleasantly surprised at how the game has managed to maintain it's focus on PVP while discouraging random griefing. I was hesitant when I first read about it (I thought the penalties would kill world pvp entirely) and I still think they could do withslightlyless penalty, but it's shaken out pretty well imo.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think players go red after killing 4 other players. I was sorta afk on a road near the Catfishmen the other day, then noticed something was hitting me. It was a red Wizzi on his horse, so I didn't do anything until he dismounted. We fought for a bit, had him around 30% and a Ranger shows up, Wizzi bails immediately..somehow mounts up and is instantly way far away. Must have been an uber horse.
I know this post is bullshit because wizards two shot anyone.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
This game sucks because of phasing (channels). Seriously fuck that shit.

And of course the standard Korean +1 random or break betterer bullshit.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Pretty easy once you find one. I find wild horses all the time by the shrine of serendia.

Also found an incredibly easy way to level as a warrior. Round up as many mobs as you can and throw up block until you max energy then just ground roar until out of energy. Repeat until dead. Can easily kill 10+ purples np.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty easy once you find one. I find wild horses all the time by the shrine of serendia.

Also found an incredibly easy way to level as a warrior. Round up as many mobs as you can and throw up block until you max energy then just ground roar until out of energy. Repeat until dead. Can easily kill 10+ purples np.
That's sad really. On my Valkyrie I gather all mobs (my level or slightly higher) then I press one button and all is dead. I've seen other classes especially Berserkers and Warriors hit several times to blow up their horde.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Class balance is basically non-existent, yeah :p

If anyone has the Gift Repayment 1 thing, shoot it to Brikker Espadachin in-game and I'll shoot you one back.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like a bunch people playing superheroes. No wonder a lot of you hate old school games...

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I followed thread advice and dismantled my farm empire to start getting the Blackstone dailies, but for some reason the heidel cp item wouldn't give me the quest. 2 armor and 1 weapon stone is still worth doing, but dang I really hope that the heidel cp stone blueballing me isn't a recurring theme.