Black Desert

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I guess my first question should've been, are they worth saving to give to/exchange with someone?

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus, trying for a Kzarka weapon and I am getting railed. Is there a certain class I should be rolling to try to farm these bosses?

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
I guess my first question should've been, are they worth saving to give to/exchange with someone?
They can be worth quite a bit. It's a random roll and you usually end up with health pots but you can get really nice jewelery out of them if lucky.

You get 1 roll per level of the gift, like 1 for the first one up to 4 for the fourth one.

It's obviously best to trade them with someone, but if you're just giving them away, I'll take 'em! My family name is Abraxis.

Just to be super clear, I dont have any to trade and you should probably look for someone to trade with before just giving them away.

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well does anyone on Edan want my letters? I've got all 4.
Hi Dandai:

I still have letters 1-4 on my alts. If you still have yours, tell me your character name and we can exchange. My character name in game is Mortto (two t's). I am on Edan.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Hi Dandai:

I still have letters 1-4 on my alts. If you still have yours, tell me your character name and we can exchange. My character name in game is Mortto (two t's). I am on Edan.
I'm Dandai. Mailing you all my letters now.

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok will do the same, don't be surprised if they are from a number of different character names as they are from my alts.

Cybsled

They can be worth quite a bit. It's a random roll and you usually end up with health pots but you can get really nice jewelery out of them if lucky.

You get 1 roll per level of the gift, like 1 for the first one up to 4 for the fourth one.

It's obviously best to trade them with someone, but if you're just giving them away, I'll take 'em! My family name is Abraxis.

Just to be super clear, I dont have any to trade and you should probably look for someone to trade with before just giving them away.
I have them and don't know how they work. So you just find another person with letters and trade and when the trade is done, you get random loot?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This game really falls apart for me between mid thirties and early forties. I mean it's fine after but god damn are the mobs shitty and grinding boring between there. I still want to play my plum but I just literally would rather be digging my new conduit trench out back than grinding that shitty plague victim camp or the insane dude cave.

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game really falls apart for me between mid thirties and early forties. I mean it's fine after but god damn are the mobs shitty and grinding boring between there. I still want to play my plum but I just literally would rather be digging my new conduit trench out back than grinding that shitty plague victim camp or the insane dude cave.
Yeah that part of the game is the most boring and very limited. Once you hit 45+ you can hit Catfish camp and gain one level in less than an hour. I reached 50 from 45 in ~5 hours there. Once you hit 50 the game starts to be fun again with all the options you have that starts at 50+ (dailies, bosses, enchanting becomes way easier...etc).

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Saunil fort, chimeras/marni laboratory are good for the upper end of that level range, Delphi and waragon cave is good for the lower end

Its like dungeons. They exist if you look for them but the path of least resistance is overland zones some kr dude posted as a leveling guide 3 years ago that people follow as gospel

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I did a bunch of levels in that range at trolls.. hardly anybody there and pretty good mob density.

Cybsled

Kind of the same way. Played Overwatch when it was open, but now that it is over, I'm finding it hard to log in and my char is 36. I like the combat, but ffs I fucking -despise- the lazy "lol grind 1000000000000 mobs to level" style of artificial content inflation. It just gets tedious as fuck. Quests giving shit XP doesn't help matters.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Uh you know that most quests give 0 combat (ie level) experience, right? You do quests primarily for Contribution points, and to a lesser extent skill points or skill experience (mostly Black Spirit given quests).

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I did a bunch of levels in that range at trolls.. hardly anybody there and pretty good mob density.
Trolls were awesome on my slightly twinked Musa/Blader/Whatever(+11/+8 weapons only). I could usually kill them in under 3 seconds, and exp was far faster than anything else.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Trolls were awesome on my slightly twinked Musa/Blader/Whatever(+11/+8 weapons only). I could usually kill them in under 3 seconds, and exp was far faster than anything else.
Trolls are good if you're a class that tends to favor single-target or limited groupings. Great exp too, but they're tough as hell to kill if your gear isn't up to it.

Last night reminded me why I enjoy playing this game overall. Wife and I went up to Helms to grind for a bit but we didn't just pick an area and put up roots. We roamed around from pack to pack. After killing off a mini-boss I noticed what looked like a cave. We explored and ended up spending an hour running around down below, where all the higher level Helms mobs were located. The increased difficulty of the mobs in general, plus the occasional tight corridor, along with the density in some areas, made for a challenging experience. Was fun as hell and will probably go back again tomorrow to finish off that last bit before I hit 52.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I love helm's keep. There's several entrances to it built into the cliff walls there, and really tight corridors, had to switch to first person, which made the quick respawn of very hard mobs even more daunting since they could 1 shot you from behind and you lost the field of view of 3rd person.