Black Desert

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Halt-and-Catch-Fire-Giant-the-Computer-Papercraft.jpg

Edited, found a better pic. Something more what I would do. Cant stand laptops. I would just box together a mobile desktop and bring a projector.
BTQ8C7CIgAInpq9.jpg

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought an ASUS ROG too, I wanted a lightweight, powerful laptop to run games and watch films during extensive periods. Their products are, while having sometimes a questionable look, very well done with good finition. It's pretty good, has a nice screen, SSD, GPU & integrated chipset, huge battery and whatnot. Weight is 4.5 pounds and it's quite thin. If the look doesn't make you vomit, you should look into it.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I bought an ASUS ROG too, I wanted a lightweight, powerful laptop to run games and watch films during extensive periods. Their products are, while having sometimes a questionable look, very well done with good finition. It's pretty good, has a nice screen, SSD, GPU & integrated chipset, huge battery and whatnot. Weight is 4.5 pounds and it's quite thin. If the look doesn't make you vomit, you should look into it.
Nothing beats my old Toshiba for vomit inducing looks. The thing had a beautiful screen, amazing sound for a laptop, and was a beast. Problem was it as ugly as fuck, weighed 15lbs, and would melt your legs if you put it in your lap.

rrr_img_133974.jpg

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Valencia Part 1 is coming to BDO ! - News & Announcements - The Black Desert Online

Greetings adventurers,

Today we are happy to announce that Valencia Part 1 is coming to BDO on the 1st of June !

This new content will increase the size of the world, bring hundreds of news quests, new mounts, new weather effect, new armors/weapons/accessories and an enhanced enchantment system up to +20.

On top of that the biggest PVP feature you have all been waiting for, The Node/Castle Siege Warfare, will begin on June 15.

Stay tuned for our official announcement later today !

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not looking forward to +20. PRX has a ton of well geared players and even though +15 in everything is pretty easy to get, the difference between guilds like ours and less hardcore ones is massive. +20 is going to widen that gap dramatically and make it much harder for new players to get up to speed.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nothing beats my old Toshiba for vomit inducing looks. The thing had a beautiful screen, amazing sound for a laptop, and was a beast. Problem was it as ugly as fuck, weighed 15lbs, and would melt your legs if you put it in your lap.
I had this Dell Laptop that I "was" using for work at the time and then my desktop's mobo burned up, taking the Gfx card and power supply with it. Started using it to play WoW, leading a guild in WOTLK era and was constantly in Naxx from 8:30ish to 1am. I think one of the fans had quit on me and that fucker would get hot as hell! I ended up just buying a $15 pad that had extra fans in it to play while I put money aside for the beast of a desktop I got now, but damn that thing would leave marks on my lap and I probably killing half of my future babies doing that.

I learned from that laptop that even if the laptop has the hardware to run, you still gotta strip out the insane amount of horse shit that companies like Dell, Hp, Alienware (Dells High End) and similar put on them. Just makes you appreciate a fresh install on a desktop that much more. Personally though, I would recommend putting about another 1000 into your budget and getting a laptop designed for high end applications thats around 2k. The difference is night and day between a $1000 laptop and a $2000 laptop. Here is alink to the Falcon-NW TLX Configurator. My parents company orders exclusively from these guys and rarely, if ever, have any hardware issues. Like buying a Car, purchasing something cheap is just a bad move.

moontayle

Golden Squire
At least they're adding the ability to force to +18.

And as if the challenge of this game wasn't already suspect.

Event: Road to Valencia II
* EXP +30% (only applies to Combat, Gathering, Processing, Cooking, Fishing, Trading, Training, Alchemy)
* Begin: May 18th
* End: June 1st. (ends with the maintenance begin)
and

EXP and junk items drop rate for all monsters has been increased and their HP has been decreased.
Basically says, "Happy grinding."

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
30% increase to xp and more XP per mob aaaand mobs have less hps.

I wonder what the mob adjustment will be for HP and xp.

Daidraco

I knew a lot of complaints would filter through about mob difficulty, but I think it has a lot to do with people not knowing how to play their class or knowing how to cheese kill mobs. Increasing EXP and HP is fine, and I welcome the change - but I dont think it was necessarily needed. As a warrior with just over 200 adp at level 50 - I can solo Helms, Hexe, Abandoned Monastery, Treants, Catfish with a simple Run in a circle to gather them up, Charging thrust to push them back away from me to give enough time to cast Scars, roll to a new angle, charging thrust with a ground smash a couple times and a scars cast again to finish. Not rocket science and I never get touched unless I have to deal with a stubborn ranged NPC. Its absurd to me that people think that takes some skill as a melee. I personally like fighting the Cyclops because they are one of the few mobs that I consider a challenge for a melee.

But on that same note, anyone that knocks BDO for having little to no AI on mobs hasnt played an MMO before. This game isnt really different than 9/10 others. The bosses on the other hand are just fucking dumb and they are something that I would complain about at length. Im so used to some kind of strategy, that going back to a zerg rush mentality of EverQuest bothers me. When I die, I feel like I did something wrong and when I die to Red Nose or something, its not. That shit just bothers me and I refuse to do any boss till Im at least 55.

(Now if I can just stop getting distracted by Knowledge, Amity, Contribution and Crafting in order to level!)

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yeah, I've never felt the mobs were too difficult. When I did die to them it's mostly attributed to stupidity on my part and either overextending myself or not paying attention to my surroundings. That said, server desync has resulted in more than a couple of deaths. See mob winding up, hit block and follow with shield chase out of the way, dead. Wha?

I won't complain though. Easier exp is welcome.

Daidraco

Yeah, I've never felt the mobs were too difficult. When I did die to them it's mostly attributed to stupidity on my part and either overextending myself or not paying attention to my surroundings. That said, server desync has resulted in more than a couple of deaths. See mob winding up, hit block and follow with shield chase out of the way, dead. Wha?

I won't complain though. Easier exp is welcome.
lol That server desync noise is something I legitimately fear in this game. I was thinking there was a rare ability that let a mob disappear and appear behind you for a backstab or something for a long time.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Not looking forward to +20. PRX has a ton of well geared players and even though +15 in everything is pretty easy to get, the difference between guilds like ours and less hardcore ones is massive. +20 is going to widen that gap dramatically and make it much harder for new players to get up to speed.
PvP is basically dead for many of us already and this patch is just going to make it even worse. I have my complaints here and there, but the power gap is the one thing that really sucks about this game. I wish they'd put a hard cap on leveling or tone down the power imbalance that each level gives.