Black Desert

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
In some EU guilds it's tolerated to run AH bot programs to get your Liverto, since "you can't have it the legit way anyway".
Yeah I figured. I haven't heard of that being tolerated in any US guilds but I wouldn't be surprised..

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The AH bots really hurt this game. It's hard for classes that don't do well vs bosses (ex: Melee) to get liverto weapons, and when they can't buy them it's a real progression block. The game is supposed to be wealth and market driven, but players who don't use AH cheats can't participate in high end items.

I think a better solution would be to remove the stupid price setting and let the market determine the price.

What I don't understand is what the AH botters are doing with the items. There can't be that many people using it, and you can't do much except put it up for auction, right?
I'm looking forward to the option to put in buy orders.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I figured. I haven't heard of that being tolerated in any US guilds but I wouldn't be surprised..
Since there's kind of an actual PvP scene regarding current grind spots (spot's taken - how about no ? - fuck off newbs) going on, I've "heard" the cheat stuff is group based rather than guild based. Again I've "heard" that but never tried / witnessed it myself, so please take it with a grain of salt. I've seen people DUO'd Ogre rings by message system tho no one ever saw them ingame ever again.

Nevertheless, Black Desert is a game where having a better gear is a major game mechani. Like in Archeage or any other korean developed MMO, security is shady at best. I've ran Black Desert release, quit the game because muh awful PvP, went back leveling a Ranger just to stream snipe casuals and now I'm farming to witness the inevitable clusterfuck GvG is gonna be. Dedicated guilds like PRX (it's an example) are gonna steamroll anyone they're against just because they're better geared. I'm fine with that but it's gonna drive a lot of people out.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Orwen really quiet today apparently because of Overwatch. I got the ranger up to 38 or so, both weapons at +7 and full set of Argerian at +5. Still no idea about 95% of the game.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I quit weeks ago due to end game progression. I could see hanging around if there was a reasonable end in sight but +20? Lol no thanks.

It's too bad because the PvE combat is great.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Since there's kind of an actual PvP scene regarding current grind spots (spot's taken - how about no ? - fuck off newbs) going on, I've "heard" the cheat stuff is group based rather than guild based. Again I've "heard" that but never tried / witnessed it myself, so please take it with a grain of salt. I've seen people DUO'd Ogre rings by message system tho no one ever saw them ingame ever again.

Nevertheless, Black Desert is a game where having a better gear is a major game mechani. Like in Archeage or any other korean developed MMO, security is shady at best. I've ran Black Desert release, quit the game because muh awful PvP, went back leveling a Ranger just to stream snipe casuals and now I'm farming to witness the inevitable clusterfuck GvG is gonna be. Dedicated guilds like PRX (it's an example) are gonna steamroll anyone they're against just because they're better geared. I'm fine with that but it's gonna drive a lot of people out.
Yeah I'm not sure exactly how bad GvG will be for casual players. The change on June 1st is going to widen the gap dramatically. Right now the gap between a semi-casual and hardcore isn't that bad. A semi-casual player should be level 53 with 280 gear score if they started on release. A hardcore player should be 56+ and 315+ gear score.

I'm also not sure how much a castle siege-focused guild like PRX can impact the node wars. If guilds like ours can participate in a lot of them, it's going to be like the US army deciding which tribe in Afghanistan owns which land.

I like the idea of all castle sieges and node wars occurring simultaneously, so players can't double dip in the resource PvP, but it'd probably be too hard on the server to do it!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Arent guilds limited to like.. 10 nodes? or something like that? One capital, 10 nodes etc.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I quit weeks ago due to end game progression. I could see hanging around if there was a reasonable end in sight but +20? Lol no thanks.

It's too bad because the PvE combat is great.
Pretty much. Too much grinding to get to the good stuff. Although I did find the pve enjoyable, love the combat. So I'll probably go back occasionally just to putz around doing that.

But I'll never have the time to grind for the +20, gear, etc. needed to be competitive in GvG.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even if you dont get a guest pass - the games worth picking up. Just about everyone Ive introduced to the game has loved it up to at least the 40's. Best thing about it, is that it is buy to play and you dont have to pay for anything after the initial purchase if you dont want to. Expansions are free etc. The claims of P2W are usually centered around the Ghilie Suit which just hides your name. Not as impactful as some would make you believe. But spending a few bucks on the game makes life easier, for sure.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 Windows 10 Home - Newegg.com

This seems like a decent buy. Anyone have experience with it ?
The last time I was in the market for a gaming laptop, Sager was what I ended up with. That thing survived Afghanistan. Furthermore, at my urging, three different RL friends of mine bought Sagers as well and had nothing but good things to say about it.

We all went through xoticpc.

Ironically, one of my friends initially bought a Lenovo and ended up returning it and getting a Sager.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 Windows 10 Home - Newegg.com

This seems like a decent buy. Anyone have experience with it ?
Price range is good for what you get, almost identical to the HP Omen I won from Intel which typically retailed for around 13-1500. You should be able to play on roughly mid-high settings, with adjustments to taste, and sit between 30-60fps depending on area and number of players around. I still vastly prefer my desktop, and built at only around $800 or so, it out performs the gaming laptop hands down, running basically max settings at 45-80fps depending on what's going on in game. I will hard core rep how nice it is having a capable gaming laptop for the purpose of mobile gaming. Night and day compare to trying to haul a rig around to whomevers house we are dog piling. If I remember correctly mobility is big thing for you, so that is not a bad buy. My one nitpick would be, Lenovo. Working for Geeksquad, I see them having issues all the time. Not specifically any gaming laptops, but basically every other kind of laptop they sell is either returned or in for service more often than not.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
RNGeezus finally blessed me on my latest horse breeding.

Got a T6 Female the exact color (midnight black, with platinum mane/tail, mohawk not that emo hair covering the eyes shit). Got 2 Seater, drift, sprint, quick ride, quick back, side step, double jump, etc. All the bad ass movement abilities.

except instant accel.

RNGeezus then curse me, and I ended up shelling out nearly 30 bucks before I even realized it, in horse skill change tokens, before finally getting instant accel.

still, drift/insta is so fucking insane its almost worth it. And it being a 2 seater to boot is just so nice.