Black Desert

Trokarr

Lord Nagafen Raider
Daum/PA posted an interesting thread on their forums regarding some recent questions. The BDO forums are down right now but you can read the thread at BDOFoundry:

Questions Clarifications with Pearl Abyss | BDFoundry

Of interest is that they say the Sorc Dark Flame nerf is intended and they will not adjust it. I was on the BDO forums before they took them down for maintenance and there was a huge shit storm and very nasty comments about PA from sorcs.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Started playing again recently as a Maehwa, pretty fun class, though something seems buggy with their Ultimate Chase skill. The description says that you can use Chase during other skills, in effect to break their animations, and I think this is the case with 99% of the skills I use, except for the Blind Thrust / Nemesis Blade combo. Probably just me holding how Space a bit too long, so it triggers another Blind Thrust, but I'd think I should be able to break out of that animation with Chase.

I stopped playing before the Mediah update, so it seems a lot has changed. I remember getting a series of quests from the Black Spirit which would reward armor / weapon black stones, which was triggered by having an Ultimate Basteer weapon at +7. Now, on my Maehwa, I got the ultimate basteer to +7, and the black spirit gave me a quest to replace it with a +7 Bares weapon + 5 weapon stones, but nothing else after that so far at lvl51. I've done a similar armor quest where I had to upgrade pieces of Dobart gear to +5, and exchange that for another named armor (Agerian, Zereth, etc), this netted me more armor stones than I started with, but I haven't gotten kill X number of mobs from the black spirit that rewards armor or weapons stones. Was that removed?

Since there are now weapon and armors with 2 gem slots, is it possible to have 2 of the same gem in a piece of gear?
Ultimately there are Black Spirit Dailies which give seals, which could be turned into Armor or Weapon stones at a 2:1 and 3:1 ratio respectively. There's also the scroll daily, which has you kill a few mobs to get a summon boss scroll, which can net seals, stones, and extremely rarely a boss armor item.

And yes, you can put two gems of the same type into a weapon or armor.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
The mob introduction series that awards increasing numbers of weapon and armor stones are only available once per family.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It's kind of difficult to give anything away here. Not that I give two fucks about the reputation system, seeing people say, "haha you're a fag for giving away your BD acct" or "way to waste a grand bitch" and neg trying to be kind is so childish. I almost don't want to give it away because of the remote possibility that I'd give it to one of these immature twats. Reputation should not be anonymous, not thta it makes any difference to begin with as it's noting but a circle jerk.

Going along with "group think" is a great way to make friends, get ahead, gain reputation, and nobody likes the guy who stands against the majority. Group thinking is responsible for most atrocities and just outright shameful behavior, famous examples which include the thinking that cigarettes were actually healthy in the 50's, the Holocaust, murdering Julius Caesar, slavery, religion (if enough people believe God is real, it must be true), and all of Brad's failed MMORPGs. The people who dare to speak against the majority are persecuted such as Socrates, Martin Luther, and Martin Luther King Jr., Spartacus, William Wallace, the followers of Charles Stuart, and hundreds of thousands of men throughout history.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I posted a post about two years ago, in either the Michael Brown or Police thread, in which I said that temperature has a direct correlation with violence. When your body temperature rises, your metabolism increases, more hormones are secreted, and you're more likely to enter into a "flight" or "fight" response. Lower body temperatures result in more abstract thinking; not thinking of the hear-and-now but of the future, deeper thinking, and not about what your senses currently present you with. That's why there's far more violence in the South in the United States There's more violence in Africa, than in Norway, and it's more intricate than just society or genetics. People think, behave, and react dramatically differently depending on the ambient temperature they are presented with.

I said point blank that violence decreases in Winter, increases in Summer, and in Heat Waves, decreases indoors, increases outdoors (assuming the temperature outdoors is higher than the common 72* indoor temperature.

I was laughed at, got negged about 10 fucking times, told I was fucking dumb, and to take my 'psuedo science' elsewhere.

Well it turns out I was actually fucking right. I won't get any apologizes, or "damn man, you were on the fucking money." Just pricks being pricks.

Hot and bothered: Experts say violent crime rises with the heat - CBS News

For there to be real discussion, and not just shitty group think, you need dissenting views. Well on these forums, dissenting views are met by trolls, insults, and negs. I actually came here respecting the intelligence of some posters, but I realize that I drastically overrated these forums in general. That or most of the better posters never made the transfer after the shutdown?

I almost want to give my BD account to some random off of Reddit, becase honestly... most of you are terrible circle-jerking human beings who dramatically overestimate your intellligence, Of course, there are exceptions but they tend to stay under the radar and don't post anything controversial, or that would result in a debate.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Rep isn't anonymous, which made it even more pointless because you just retaliatory neg/get negged :p Just ignore the system, it is pointless. Hit "Settings" top right to see who left you rep.

ps. you come off as a semi-crazy, rambling type of person most of the time.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Group thinking is responsible for most atrocities and just outright shameful behavior, famous examples which include ..... and all of Brad's failed MMORPGs. The people who dare to speak against the majority are persecuted such as Socrates, Martin Luther, and Martin Luther King Jr., Spartacus, William Wallace, the followers of Charles Stuart, and hundreds of thousands of men throughout history.
WHOA WHOA man, that's kind of a vicious example, lets keep these boards trigger free thanks.
wink.png

As far as giving stuff away, another of my problems with the game is that I cannot give my stuff away. I was lucky enough to win a Liverto back at one of the first guild boss kills, but aside from putting on the AH for market snipes/hax, I cannot ensure a guildy gets it.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
Although Steve Harvey's face is pretty funny, I miss PRX hanging in Heidal. What happened? I need juicy guild drama so I can live vicariously.

moontayle

Golden Squire
PRX and allied guilds went up against another alliance of two really strong guilds for Mediah. Ended in a stalemate. Tuco can provide more infos but that, at least, is public knowledge.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
It's kind of difficult to give anything away here. Not that I give two fucks about the reputation system, seeing people say, "haha you're a fag for giving away your BD acct" or "way to waste a grand bitch" and neg trying to be kind is so childish. I almost don't want to give it away because of the remote possibility that I'd give it to one of these immature twats. Reputation should not be anonymous, not thta it makes any difference to begin with as it's noting but a circle jerk.

Going along with "group think" is a great way to make friends, get ahead, gain reputation, and nobody likes the guy who stands against the majority. Group thinking is responsible for most atrocities and just outright shameful behavior, famous examples which include the thinking that cigarettes were actually healthy in the 50's, the Holocaust, murdering Julius Caesar, slavery, religion (if enough people believe God is real, it must be true), and all of Brad's failed MMORPGs. The people who dare to speak against the majority are persecuted such as Socrates, Martin Luther, and Martin Luther King Jr., Spartacus, William Wallace, the followers of Charles Stuart, and hundreds of thousands of men throughout history.
Rep is meaningless, no one gives a shit or at least shouldn't and there is no reason to be concerned over it. It is meaningless. Look around here, do you really give a shit if people here rep you positively or negatively?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would say the system doesnt much matter because 90% of the negs you get are from people that just lurk. Internet Opinion already matters so little, so when you get negged by someone you've never even played a game with on this forum its just something I roll my eyes at.

I really dont know how you could improve your guilds presence on your server much more than whats already going on. The only reasons I remember certain people in my past MMO experience was because of how cool their items were, or because they would consistently flip shit with a GM when we beat them to a spawn. The bit I pvp'ed in BDO was good, but names were just a blur.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
PRX and allied guilds went up against another alliance of two really strong guilds for Mediah. Ended in a stalemate. Tuco can provide more infos but that, at least, is public knowledge.
That's basically it. We went for Mediah castle against a tough alliance and couldn't take out their base in time so it was a stalemate.

The region and node war choosing and politics is a goofy meta-mechanic and a tough call from a leadership perspective. AFAIK the top guilds on Orwen server collude with one another to minimize competition and ensure the top guilds all get castles. Edan has a more cutt-throat and competitive (in my opinion) atmosphere but we could probably do the same if we tried. Instead the siege camps locations for each node are closely guarded secrets until the start of wars. This causes there to be some very easy T3 wins for mid-tier guilds and massive wars fought over other T3 nodes.

In some ways it's better, in some ways it makes less sense. On one hand it makes sense for the top communities to get the top regions and nodes. With 5 regions up for grabs and 5 alliances you'd expect that the top 5 alliances would get the nodes for the game to be correct. But what that creates is a political stalemate where if you're not in those 5 groups you're not in the "top competitive game" and it's tough to build that sixth alliance to take out the worst of those 5. Power will shift and cause a collapse, but it's a definite holding pattern that can lead to boredom.