Black Desert

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cool, Thanks for the update. I have never been one to only grind "the best" grind spots, I go where I feel like killing the mobs and whats not camped. Drieghan seems more interesting than Karma from the previews, I haven't been there yet. I was kind of bored going through the Karma questline and haven't finished it yet. Is that required to start the Drieghan questline or is it just level locked? Also is soft cap still considered full TRI or is it higher now?
You should do the Kama 1 & 2 quests for sure, since they are a requirement to unlock the Ring of Power quest in Valencia (Val 1, Kama 1/2), an 11ap ring. If you're 58 and do not have the quest to go to Dreighan, then you probably need to finish up the Kama quests.

Prices set more by players just makes me think things will go way too high in price. Pre-orders were already brutal for high end items last time I played. And things like costumes/pets etc in a player priced market would be just crazily high. I actually didn't mind prices being set by the developers as it kept most things in the realm for possibility for almost every player.
The prices won't be the biggest uproar when the new Market is released, it will be the inability to have a chance at buying anything in demand without using a pre-order. The bidding system is being removed, so once an item is posted it is either sold via pre-order or become instantly available (no more 15min wait time). Right now everyone has a chance at winning through the bid/count system, but after the change (if it comes as they described it) it will be whoever pays the most, has the best latency or is using a bot. I could be wrong though.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Yeah if it just goes instantly to buy, bots/auto clickers will just own anything not bought by a pre-order. And if its a player set price market, pre-orders are going to be astronomical for high demand items. Will never again be able to buy a costume/pet etc off the market again.

Sounds like a bad overhaul overall. Odd its going through.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Here is how the new Market, called "Central Market" will be implemented, at least on the MENA servers:
https://www.tr.playblackdesert.com/News/Notice/Detail?boardType=4&boardNo=3013

Wonder how this will turn out. I very curious about the limited amount of items that will be on the Market, like how many TRI Kzarka Staffs will be allowed to be up at any given time, or how many Beers. I like that you get paid immediately from the Market for anything you post, as long as the Market isn't full of that item. I guess their price adjustments will be based on people post items that the Market is currently full of, since they will need to post them at a lower price.

The pre-order system is curious too, I didn't see anything mentioned (though I may have missed it somewhere) about a cap on how high a pre-order can go. Right now there is no cap, if you want to pay 2b for a base Dim Tree armor, you can. Some people are saying that won't be allowed in this new system. Also really curious about how much you can place in the Central Market "storage", will it be limited to as many items as you can place on the Market (like 30 with VP), and if you'll need to have silver in the Market storage for making a purchase (since you'll need to pull the money out of there for stuff you sell).

Last edited:

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
This game is really hard to initiate.... barrier to entry is akin to eve online because of the things that you can do is vast and expansive... Combat is crazy good ...but everything is very dry ..

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Ehhh, no. Eve is a sandbox, BDO is a cash shop that wears an mmo dress. There's nothing really complex, just convoluted and grindy, because every single aspect of the game's main purpose is to try to get you to spend money. Unless you're going to go super hardcore endgame pvp, just grinding mobs and afk fishing are all you need to do for currency. The only real barrier to entry is pets. In Korea there's no limit to how many cash shop items you can put on the marketplace in a week, so pets were easy to buy with silver. Here, you either throw down 60 bucks or be prepared to manually loot thousands of corpses an hour.

On the surface, it does look like an interesting and deep sandbox. It ain't.

Yeah, the combat is great, because unfortunately Western devs still think it's 2005.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Korean MMOs are basically just interactive cash shops. They can be fun, but look hard enough and the pay2win becomes readily apparent.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Ehhh, no. Eve is a sandbox, BDO is a cash shop that wears an mmo dress. There's nothing really complex, just convoluted and grindy, because every single aspect of the game's main purpose is to try to get you to spend money. Unless you're going to go super hardcore endgame pvp, just grinding mobs and afk fishing are all you need to do for currency. The only real barrier to entry is pets. In Korea there's no limit to how many cash shop items you can put on the marketplace in a week, so pets were easy to buy with silver. Here, you either throw down 60 bucks or be prepared to manually loot thousands of corpses an hour.

On the surface, it does look like an interesting and deep sandbox. It ain't.

Yeah, the combat is great, because unfortunately Western devs still think it's 2005.
aktually

yes. this game is grindy and not complex at all. it sucks but it is pretty.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Man this 1:1 leveling event is amazing for leveling alts or classes I don't really love.

Archer is badass at area clear which makes it even better.

15% of XP at level 58 = 1 character leveled from 7-56

Not bad at all. 4 more classes and I'll have one of everything at 56 within a week of casual leveling.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Don't forget to get your free boss gear box before reset today. Got a dande box out of mine. Sucks since I just spent 300 mil on my archer's dande.

Molten Core Raider
Ive been sporadically logging in for rewards for a bit but only just yesterday decided to try to play regularly again. I set my Valk up to fish in grana as usual only to discover after hiking my ass across the world to Valencia to sell them that PA nerfed the big money fish drop rate in Grana, according to them it's been "bugged" since Kama was launched.... Even with the desert trade buff I got less than half of what I normally would in the same time frame. Annoying.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Is this game still P2W or can I play it yet

sorry, "pay for convenience"

cause I really fucking like the gameplay but the people who run the game are a bunch of cunts

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Is this game still P2W or can I play it yet

sorry, "pay for convenience"

cause I really fucking like the gameplay but the people who run the game are a bunch of cunts

You can do everything in the game a paying person can as a Free player, it just takes longer

OR you can play the new arena mode and not worry about ANY cash shop shit since nothing cash related touches the arena

OR you can just play the game and stop buying cash shop shit / worrying about people who buy cash shop shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I only had like 500 hoursish in it but when I was playing seriously, it took SIGNIFICANTLY longer than if I just threw money at them and it's fucking annoying.

But you answered my question, thank you I'll check again in a year

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I'll check again in a year

It's not going to get better with time, if anything they will have MORE for you to buy in their store as time progresses.

BDO and, by proxy, all other games pushed by the korean parent company will ALWAYS be "Pay to Win" in various flavors.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Hmm iirc I was reading somewhere costumes went from 30million to 100+ million. Supposedly they are set to rise again to 300m+. Which seems to screw over newer players or casuals(maybe pushing them to spend 30 bucks instead) while rewarding the crazy idiots that buy 5 a week to sell on the market to turn their $ into silver. So from a possible 150m a week to 1.5billion a week.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Hmm iirc I was reading somewhere costumes went from 30million to 100+ million. Supposedly they are set to rise again to 300m+. Which seems to screw over newer players or casuals(maybe pushing them to spend 30 bucks instead) while rewarding the crazy idiots that buy 5 a week to sell on the market to turn their $ into silver. So from a possible 150m a week to 1.5billion a week.

Meh...all it does is give whales more money. If that means more costumes on the market to buy for my characters, I don't really care. At some point there isn't much else you can DO with 10's / 100's of billions in silver unless they change that eventually. Sure, you can buy gear but honestly I wouldn't mind some random scrublord whale buying a ton of shit they don't know how to use effectively. They will full kit themselves and then get their ass handed to them and maybe re-roll and then get their ass handed to them AGAIN and then quit.

300m can be gotten relatively easy at this point and if 300m means i'll have more options and less competition for a while, I'm good with that, I have like 2-3 more outfits I want to get and them whales need to get-a-listing.

If you Play BDO Fortnite and do moderately well, you can pull in a few million a game, that's about 10 - 15 minutes of playing. If you suck ass like I was last night, you pull in roughly 600kish per game. The goal is to loot as much shit as possible. The better / more gear you have the higher your end payout. Winning gives you loot boxes that contain things like armor stones to whatever else and it's not an RNG box it's literally what it says on the box.

New players are given the daily logins for new players and I THINK it's around 100m at least.

The main story is another money generator as well as Skill points / bag slots.

All I know is, after going "FULL ON PAY TO WIN!!" I still find that the game is roughly the same as day 1. I say ROUGHLY because you have more content, more things to do and generally better content then you did before "OMFG GAME IS DEAD AND P2W!!"

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Their line of thinking is probably this: The player population has accumulated a huge amount of silver to spend, legit and otherwise. Costumes at the previous price, while still kinda hard to get off the market, was still chump change in regards to what you can get from them (cron stones / valks). This made actually buying a costume even less attractive. So now they double the cost of a Market costume, which will intice more ppl to spend real money on costumes to make a nice chunk of change, while also draining away some of the silver. Once the new Market hits on the 20th things will explode, lol.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, was just something I read. I casually keep up on the game. I got to the point of tet roulettes and beyond and bowed out of really playing after that. If they ever made enhancement easier I could see myself going back, as I loved the rest of the game for the most part. Oh and do something about multiple characters and weight/inventory space. Instead of having to almost rebuy everything for every character, pets/horses being the exception.

Last edited: