Black Desert

Molten Core Raider
Reinstalled this weekend to test the muscles on my new pc and had a shitload of transfer rewards in my mail. I guess I misunderstood how those were being distributed, I thought I had missed out on getting them. All those transfer tickets were nice, it allowed me to switch back to maining my DK without the headache of chasing down another Dande. I've been off the game a while, I gotta figure out the best new worker empire for making money, Ive got some catch up to do.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reinstalled this weekend to test the muscles on my new pc and had a shitload of transfer rewards in my mail. I guess I misunderstood how those were being distributed, I thought I had missed out on getting them. All those transfer tickets were nice, it allowed me to switch back to maining my DK without the headache of chasing down another Dande. I've been off the game a while, I gotta figure out the best new worker empire for making money, Ive got some catch up to do.
This could help a bit with that:

Anbu Bdo

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
These guys giving out that free Capotia jewelry set was nice, it has allowed me to blow up another TRI Tungrad necklace and earring without smashing my head into a wall. I went 0 for 5 on PEN Dande attempts before I ran out of cron stones. I'd like to think Im due for an upgrade or two but I think in reality, no, I'm pretty sure this game just hates me.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
These guys giving out that free Capotia jewelry set was nice, it has allowed me to blow up another TRI Tungrad necklace and earring without smashing my head into a wall. I went 0 for 5 on PEN Dande attempts before I ran out of cron stones. I'd like to think Im due for an upgrade or two but I think in reality, no, I'm pretty sure this game just hates me.
Yeah, Cron stones are both a blessing and a curse. A blessing in that they make the enhancement system much more tolerable, but a curse in that it requires playing costume events and constantly putting out preorders.

Still a WAY better system than when I played in 2017 and oddly addictive at times.

• 2Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Just keep trying! I'm currently 0-8 on TET Begs attempts. At this point I should have just bought the helmet. Yesterday one tapped Blackstar short sword at 13, and 14 which shouldnt have happened.
BDO is like a woman, some days she's in the mood, some days nothing gets her there

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Molten Core Raider
I havent even started the Blackstar stuff yet. Ive been debating on what to buy/upgrade next, Ive been leaning toward finishing out tet accessories but maybe the Blackstar thing is the way to go.

Tooken

Trakanon Raider
I’m level 56 and am currently using the blue Naru gear. A guide I saw recommended getting these to PEN to trade in for Tuvala gear. Was that an option only available on season servers? If so, what’s my next step for gear? I’ve got four pieces PEN and am close on the others.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m level 56 and am currently using the blue Naru gear. A guide I saw recommended getting these to PEN to trade in for Tuvala gear. Was that an option only available on season servers? If so, what’s my next step for gear? I’ve got four pieces PEN and am close on the others.
Don't upgrade the accessories, you'll get far better by doing the various Main Quests for each region. Get the Armor / Weapons to PEN, then talk to the black spirit or Fughar to get a quest to exchange them for Narcillan gear.

• 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I havent even started the Blackstar stuff yet. Ive been debating on what to buy/upgrade next, Ive been leaning toward finishing out tet accessories but maybe the Blackstar thing is the way to go.
Blackstar is awesome but a real PIA to enchant Make sure you have a ‘zarka tri or tet first before you mess with blackstar. They are expensive to buy, so I’d enchant one to tri (which equals and exceeds in some ways tet ‘zarka), you can then sell it to upgrade to tet which is where the real fun in enchanting begins. Get your trade routes for <mass of pure magic> set up quick so you can get plenty of black stones I forgot that and was always having to scrape to get enough stones to enchant

Molten Core Raider
I just did pretty much all that today. I had a TET kzarka and bought a TRI blackstar and banked the zarka for now. I setup the node with a stupid fast gobby so hopefully soon I may be ready to give the TET bump a whirl.

In another note, has anyone ran into an issue with BDO eating their gpu? I was questing along, hit a cut scene and my gpu fans cranked up to max, screen went black and I was forced to hard restart my machine. I powered back on, got back into the game and an hour later hit another cut scene and the same thing happened, only this time my video card wouldnt output a signal to my monitors. Did BDO brick my gpu?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How is the rest of your gear? Also, are you succession or awakening?

I just did pretty much all that today. I had a TET kzarka and bought a TRI blackstar and banked the zarka for now. I setup the node with a stupid fast gobby so hopefully soon I may be ready to give the TET bump a whirl.

In another note, has anyone ran into an issue with BDO eating their gpu? I was questing along, hit a cut scene and my gpu fans cranked up to max, screen went black and I was forced to hard restart my machine. I powered back on, got back into the game and an hour later hit another cut scene and the same thing happened, only this time my video card wouldnt output a signal to my monitors. Did BDO brick my gpu?
BDO is very heavy on the CPU side of things. I'm able to get a pretty constant 70-80 FPS on mostly low-mediumish 1440p settings on a 1660S. What card are you running?

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
How is the rest of your gear? Also, are you succession or awakening?

BDO is very heavy on the CPU side of things. I'm able to get a pretty constant 70-80 FPS on mostly low-mediumish 1440p settings on a 1660S. What card are you running?
Full TET boss armor, TET Dande, Kzarka and Kutum and a mix of Tri and Tri-equivalent Capotia accessories. Currently running as a succession DK, but Im about 150 skill points shy of being where I need to be.

My computer is a new build I just finished back in Feb. Ryzen 7 5800x CPU and an EVGA 3090 video card are the important bits. Ive been running BDO on Remastered settings and still pulling 100 fps. I never hit any issues with BDO or any other game Ive played until those stupid story cut scenes.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Full TET boss armor, TET Dande, Kzarka and Kutum and a mix of Tri and Tri-equivalent Capotia accessories. Currently running as a succession DK, but Im about 150 skill points shy of being where I need to be.

My computer is a new build I just finished back in Feb. Ryzen 7 5800x CPU and an EVGA 3090 video card are the important bits. Ive been running BDO on Remastered settings and still pulling 100 fps. I never hit any issues with BDO or any other game Ive played until those stupid story cut scenes.
I'd honestly go with TET accessories before fucking with Blackstar. You're not really going to notice a difference and Kzarka/Dande are better for PvP anyhow. If you've caphrased them at all, definitely don't go with Blackstar. IMO Blackstar only really makes sense if you're going Tri-boss to Tri/TET-Blackstar or straight from TET boss to PEN Blackstar, because you essentially "skip" the caphras grind.

At full TET boss armor/weapons and accessories, you should be around 261 kutum/317 DP, which will allow you to grind most of the better money making locations like Star's End and Sycria. From there, you could C3 your TET armors (this part is optional) as a "stop-gap" on the way to PEN weapons and pick up a Vell's Heart. That should get you somewhere around 265 kutum/329 DP and allow you to farm some of the lower end Hadum spots. From there, you're just slowly upgrading weapons to PEN, then accessories, then armor, while slowly dumping caphras into things as you grind.

No clue on the video stuff. Might've just been a fluke situation? I've never had issues with the cutscenes, but I always skip as much of that weeb shit as possible.

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, the TET accessories are something Im sorely missing. I feel like I should have had a few by now but rng is just not being kind. I've got a few 115+ failstacks now that I feel like have to come through for me at some point soon (it's a 30-32% success rate and Ive landed on the wrong side of that 6 times now). Im kinda wanting to grind out an Archeologist's Map, so I dont have an immediate need for other upgrades and Ill have plenty of time to save for them while Im doing it.

As for the video card stuff, no idea. Im hoping my friend at work tomorrow can figure something out for me, otherwise Im stuck RMA'ing. Ive gone from a 3090 to a 770, it's a bit of a shock to the system.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the TET accessories are something Im sorely missing. I feel like I should have had a few by now but rng is just not being kind. I've got a few 115+ failstacks now that I feel like have to come through for me at some point soon (it's a 30-32% success rate and Ive landed on the wrong side of that 6 times now). Im kinda wanting to grind out an Archeologist's Map, so I dont have an immediate need for other upgrades and Ill have plenty of time to save for them while Im doing it.

As for the video card stuff, no idea. Im hoping my friend at work tomorrow can figure something out for me, otherwise Im stuck RMA'ing. Ive gone from a 3090 to a 770, it's a bit of a shock to the system.
Ugh, self-enhancing accessories? No fucking thanks. Gambling on enhancing usually ends up costing you more in the long-run versus just outright buying. The only people who make money and come out ahead on self-enhancing are people with absolutely massive amounts of capital to spend, forcing the "luck" factor to pull back toward the mean. I mean, it doesn't hurt to have an item or two to failstack build on and as way to dump Crons (kind of a "free" bonus if you tap it), but enhancing is just such a horrible way to make money. If I could sell Crons and/or Valks, I would literally never enhance.

Map grind sounds awful. Don't get me wrong, having a reusable 3rd map sounds awesome, but grinding Pila Ku and Sulfur? Ugh. At least with the compass grind (which is almost worthless IMO other than to say you "did it") Aakman and Hystria are at least decent silver/h. Pila Ku and Sulfur are just terrible money.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do you guys do with your workers to get money? I'm at Velia right now, getting potatoes to cook Beer, what should I do next?

Molten Core Raider
Ugh, self-enhancing accessories? No fucking thanks. Gambling on enhancing usually ends up costing you more in the long-run versus just outright buying. The only people who make money and come out ahead on self-enhancing are people with absolutely massive amounts of capital to spend, forcing the "luck" factor to pull back toward the mean. I mean, it doesn't hurt to have an item or two to failstack build on and as way to dump Crons (kind of a "free" bonus if you tap it), but enhancing is just such a horrible way to make money. If I could sell Crons and/or Valks, I would literally never enhance.

Map grind sounds awful. Don't get me wrong, having a reusable 3rd map sounds awesome, but grinding Pila Ku and Sulfur? Ugh. At least with the compass grind (which is almost worthless IMO other than to say you "did it") Aakman and Hystria are at least decent silver/h. Pila Ku and Sulfur are just terrible money.
You're not wrong. Ill likely be saving up for my other accessories and buy them outright. I got lucky finally with getting a belt success last night so I have a TET Tungrad belt now and I doubt ill roll the dice any further with accessories. As for the map farming, not everything I do makes sense :p It'd be a neat thing to have and even though the farming isnt optimal for money, it's not always about the money.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You're not wrong. Ill likely be saving up for my other accessories and buy them outright. I got lucky finally with getting a belt success last night so I have a TET Tungrad belt now and I doubt ill roll the dice any further with accessories. As for the map farming, not everything I do makes sense :p It'd be a neat thing to have and even though the farming isnt optimal for money, it's not always about the money.
Yeah, I agree on the last part. I'm actually in the midst of farming the infinite HP pot, even though it isn't really necessary for a guardian.

I will give you a piece of advice though, definitely "mix up" your grind. I don't feel like the day is a total waste when I throw 3-4 hours at bloodwolves with nothing really to show for it. Mixing in an hour or two at a "real" grind spot before starting at bloodwolves makes it feel a lot more tolerable when RNG shits on you. Ronaros is the only one I don't mind not mixing up as much (except for the need to change scenery), because the money/hour there actually isn't the worst thing in the world. Especially if you get a good run of Forest Breath's and Forest Fury.

• 1Like