Black Desert

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
You're not wrong. Ill likely be saving up for my other accessories and buy them outright. I got lucky finally with getting a belt success last night so I have a TET Tungrad belt now and I doubt ill roll the dice any further with accessories. As for the map farming, not everything I do makes sense :p It'd be a neat thing to have and even though the farming isnt optimal for money, it's not always about the money.
What FS did you hit the TET Tungard on? I've only tried to enchant to Tri once or twice with accessories. I agree its just too expensive. Blackstar is expensive, but they are giving so many sharp and hard shards for free right now it isnt so bad.

Gald you got the Blackstar. I noticed a slight difference in areas like Aakman with the Blackstar. Not huge, but slightly better.

Have you all started doing the Blackstar armor or Fallen God Stuff? Is it worth it?

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
What do you guys do with your workers to get money? I'm at Velia right now, getting potatoes to cook Beer, what should I do next?
Get the Chicken nodes; beer is good but <Grilled Bird Meat> is a little better. You can sell either the processed <Grilled Bird Meat> or the chicken on the marketplace, both sell. Also with the chicken you will get eggs which are necessary if you plan to do any cooking (or you can sell them as well).

Make sure you get the Honey node from Heidel - you can always sell honey.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
What FS did you hit the TET Tungard on? I've only tried to enchant to Tri once or twice with accessories. I agree its just too expensive.
I was at 113 failstacks when I hit TET. That many failstacks was around 30.02% chance of success.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What FS did you hit the TET Tungard on? I've only tried to enchant to Tri once or twice with accessories. I agree its just too expensive. Blackstar is expensive, but they are giving so many sharp and hard shards for free right now it isnt so bad.

Gald you got the Blackstar. I noticed a slight difference in areas like Aakman with the Blackstar. Not huge, but slightly better.

Have you all started doing the Blackstar armor or Fallen God Stuff? Is it worth it?
Fallen God is good, despite its expense. Black star armor is kind of a dead-end gearing option - total waste of time/money. You only really do it for the memes or because you think it looks cool on your class.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What do you guys do with your workers to get money? I'm at Velia right now, getting potatoes to cook Beer, what should I do next?
Depends on how much Contribution Points you have, and how much of the world you've opened up. Use this site to get all the most profitable nodes that you can, with good workers:

Anbu BDO

Molten Core Raider
This Water festival came along at a good time. I can sorta play the game with the crappy 770 I have installed but it's far from ideal. Setting my lifeskiller to AFK fish for two weeks while waiting on my card RMA is a better use of time than limping along as I am currently.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man this fucking game is being a cunt. Won't save my settings at all, whatever I'm trying. Game's running in admin mode, files are not read only(in fact the settings files are updated fine while I change them ingame/logout so technically it's saving them, then for some reason resets when I log back in?). Makes no fucking sense and really fucking frustrating, been trying to get it fixed for over an hour logging in and out, reinstalled to default location in case the game was being retarded, deleted all the files in documents/users I could find including the anticheat when I reinstalled and nothing works. Can only find a few people on google having the issues, and pretty much all of them also tried everything and didn't find a solution either, or found a solution but never posted it.

Edit: Installed the Steam version since I remembered I got that for free a while back, apparently this one works? What the fuck is this shit seriously.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Depends on how much Contribution Points you have, and how much of the world you've opened up. Use this site to get all the most profitable nodes that you can, with good workers:

Anbu BDO
Honestly, having a "perfect" worker empire means very little. Just setup your nodes however makes sense for things you "need" or might use. The difference between a "top tier" node empire and a "eh, I randomly plopped down my workers" isn't very huge - literally maybe a couple million a day? Using Artisan workers versus Apprentice workers will make a MUCH larger difference than getting Shakatu Farmland vs. Balenos Forest in the long run. It's all nothing that an extra 30-60 minutes of grinding won't cover, or grinding more efficiently wouldn't cover. Shit, just being a Succession Striker vs. a Succession Kuno probably makes a larger difference in silver/hour than a "perfect" worker empire.

I wish Anbu did a better job of showing silver/hour based on CP invested. A lot of the "super profitable" nodes require you spending a ton of CP on dogshit nodes to connect to them. You can save a lot of CP and give yourself a decent "boost" in income by connecting to some of the really "easy to get" nodes near towns. Honey node near Heidal, farm nodes near Velia, wheat plantation near Calpheon, etc. I think that farming is a much better/useful/efficient CP investment than a worker empire - it just requires more input is all.
Man this fucking game is being a cunt. Won't save my settings at all, whatever I'm trying. Game's running in admin mode, files are not read only(in fact the settings files are updated fine while I change them ingame/logout so technically it's saving them, then for some reason resets when I log back in?). Makes no fucking sense and really fucking frustrating, been trying to get it fixed for over an hour logging in and out, reinstalled to default location in case the game was being retarded, deleted all the files in documents/users I could find including the anticheat when I reinstalled and nothing works. Can only find a few people on google having the issues, and pretty much all of them also tried everything and didn't find a solution either, or found a solution but never posted it.

Edit: Installed the Steam version since I remembered I got that for free a while back, apparently this one works? What the fuck is this shit seriously.
Yeah, I've always used the Steam version of the game and never had any issues similar to what you're having.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly, having a "perfect" worker empire means very little. Just setup your nodes however makes sense for things you "need" or might use. The difference between a "top tier" node empire and a "eh, I randomly plopped down my workers" isn't very huge - literally maybe a couple million a day? Using Artisan workers versus Apprentice workers will make a MUCH larger difference than getting Shakatu Farmland vs. Balenos Forest in the long run. It's all nothing that an extra 30-60 minutes of grinding won't cover, or grinding more efficiently wouldn't cover. Shit, just being a Succession Striker vs. a Succession Kuno probably makes a larger difference in silver/hour than a "perfect" worker empire.

I wish Anbu did a better job of showing silver/hour based on CP invested. A lot of the "super profitable" nodes require you spending a ton of CP on dogshit nodes to connect to them. You can save a lot of CP and give yourself a decent "boost" in income by connecting to some of the really "easy to get" nodes near towns. Honey node near Heidal, farm nodes near Velia, wheat plantation near Calpheon, etc. I think that farming is a much better/useful/efficient CP investment than a worker empire - it just requires more input is all.

Yeah, I've always used the Steam version of the game and never had any issues similar to what you're having.
Sure. Having 10 farms, or even more, will make more silver than any combination of Nodes. Also, no combination of Nodes will allow you to be self sustaining for Cooking or Alchemy boxes. My node empire is built simply to sell the materials it gets, and to allow for Crate trading (I'm lazy and don't want to re connect nodes whenever I want to make a crate run). Its free, passive silver, and requires nothing more than beer / fried chickens to feed workers.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sure. Having 10 farms, or even more, will make more silver than any combination of Nodes. Also, no combination of Nodes will allow you to be self sustaining for Cooking or Alchemy boxes. My node empire is built simply to sell the materials it gets, and to allow for Crate trading (I'm lazy and don't want to re connect nodes whenever I want to make a crate run). Its free, passive silver, and requires nothing more than beer / fried chickens to feed workers.
Oh, I agree that you might as well setup something with your CP, absolutely. Like you said, it's "free" and mostly passive. I'm just making the point that an "optimal" node setup doesn't really matter much. It certainly isn't something that can't be compensated for by grinding a little better, grinding with a different class, etc. Just setup some nodes that are relatively close to whatever town you decide to make your "home" and call it good. The only exception being if you plan to heavily enhance Blackstar, you'll probably want the Mass of Pure Magic nodes asap.

I mean even the Shakatu node generates 3 million per DAY with the best worker available, while a kind of shitty node generates around 500-600k. That's only a difference of 2ish million or so...per DAY. You can make 100 million/hour grinding or lifeskilling relatively quickly after reaching level 61 per HOUR. In the end, it's not really a large enough difference to worry that much about it. There's a reason one of the richest players in the game doesn't even use a worker empire.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ah fuck it, can't get it to work at all on the normal version, no fucking idea what's wrong with it. Basically saves settings fine, but when I log in on a character, it doesn't recognize the file or whatever so it just resets to defaults. I tried locking the settings file to read only but then it throws an error that it can't find the file(ironically) and still loads defaults. Other weird thing is using the setting cloud save thing actually doesn't seem to work either, I'll have the config file fine, upload it, then when I download it, it's basically the default file. I tried fiddling with regional settings/locale settings in windows since I remember this caused issues before with some korean games(like because on some of them it uses , instead of . as decimals separators) but that didn't help either.

I wanted to use this account cause I picked char names(which I assume I can get back from deleting them that's fine) and a family name(figured maybe the default Adventurer 545644 whatever name was fucking up settings). Also registered the prime pet thing on it, and obviously can't get that back, although I guess I might be able to find someone who doesn't care about the pet/the game to get that(it's not super important I guess since they give pets pretty liberally now but eh). At least I don't have transfer account rewards on that account, I tried to finesse them transferring my kakao account but I guess they noticed I never played the game on it so didn't get the rewards.

So guess it's Steam version for now.

Molten Core Raider
I still havent sat down with the Anbu thing yet to figure it all out. The last time I really was into BDO, wood crates were a big money maker. Hoofing thousands of crates from Grana to Valencia sucked. I have so much wood still sitting in Heidel and Calpheon but I doubt the crates are worth fooling with anymore.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I still havent sat down with the Anbu thing yet to figure it all out. The last time I really was into BDO, wood crates were a big money maker. Hoofing thousands of crates from Grana to Valencia sucked. I have so much wood still sitting in Heidel and Calpheon but I doubt the crates are worth fooling with anymore.
Trading is absolute dogshit. Crates are still "profitable", but the game has moved beyond trading being worth a shit. I honestly wouldn't bother and just sell the raw wood. Planks and plywood are similar. Some of the processed wood types sell well, but others sit on the market for literally months waiting to sell (elder trees are a good example). I went pretty hard in the paint on processing at first, until I realized that a ton of the shit is super saturated and doesn't sell for weeks. Obviously it's still more "profitable" than selling raw, but I just dislike waiting weeks for my flax fabric to sell. I'd rather just sell the raw flax for slightly less profit. If you have tons of AFK time on your hands (such as remote desktop from work or something), processing can be a decent way to make a little extra profit, but just like a lot of those "PEAK EFFICIENCY GAINZ!!!!!!!!" systems in BDO, it's something that can easily be covered by just grinding an extra hour.

Besides, if I knew I had an absolute shitload of afk or semi-afk time on my hands I'd probably just invest in bartering or do fishing instead. You'll make similar money for a shitload less effort and in some cases actually make more money.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Sounds like a plan. I loaded up the market with a shitload of raw wood with an even bigger shitload left in the bank. Unloading it will be a longterm sorta goal I guess. My original main has a good start on the lifeskills so ill probably be focusing on that stuff while i wait for my video card to get back.

On another note, is there anything I can do with the old, non-shiny Shakatu seals? It's looking like no, but Id hate to toss them without asking here first.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have to say I'm loving succ lahn, super short cool downs on all the good abilities, very fast, and big damage. I tried the meta wizard and just didn't like the pve at all. Maybe pvp is better.

About trading yeah its dog shit, I did some of the napkin math and an optimal setup after you grind trading to whatever level for that required buff you need, was around 300 mil or so per month in profit. And you have to manage a bunch of production and transport to grana and then move 70k boxes to Valencia.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like a plan. I loaded up the market with a shitload of raw wood with an even bigger shitload left in the bank. Unloading it will be a longterm sorta goal I guess. My original main has a good start on the lifeskills so ill probably be focusing on that stuff while i wait for my video card to get back.

On another note, is there anything I can do with the old, non-shiny Shakatu seals? It's looking like no, but Id hate to toss them without asking here first.
I don't think so. I have 20ish leftover from way back and haven't found a use for them. I wish I could combine them with the new shit somehow, even if it was a 2 to 1 exchange rate.

Have to say I'm loving succ lahn, super short cool downs on all the good abilities, very fast, and big damage. I tried the meta wizard and just didn't like the pve at all. Maybe pvp is better.

About trading yeah its dog shit, I did some of the napkin math and an optimal setup after you grind trading to whatever level for that required buff you need, was around 300 mil or so per month in profit. And you have to manage a bunch of production and transport to grana and then move 70k boxes to Valencia.
Succ Lahn is fucking great. Probably about the perfect blend of "chill" grinding while still pulling pretty insane trash numbers. The top 3 "chill" grinders IMO are probably Succ Striker, Succ Lahn, and Guardian. Succ Striker definitely pulls more trash (actually the most in the game), but I feel like he requires the highest APM of the 3. Lahn is like the perfect blend between the 3. She's only a tiny bit more APM than a Guardian, but the higher trash numbers definitely justify it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I thought you could still turn them in at Shakatu, its just that you'll never get those again.

Molten Core Raider
I thought you could still turn them in at Shakatu, its just that you'll never get those again.
I dont have enough leftover of consequence to turn in, I had hoped they could be exchanged for the new ones though as it'd put me over 100 of the shiny ones.