Black Desert

Molten Core Raider
The penalty for it as far as I recall is that is consumes energy to invest in a node without being there. I think it was 10 energy per investment, dont think there was a monetary cost, but I could be wrong.

I decided to rush a season character here at the ass end of the season. Never played a Kuno before but wanted a hula hoop, so far it's fun. Trying Zindan's Gahaz rotation to grind 57+ for a bit before my inevitable Chenga questing, very nice so far. I usually end up at desert fogans on season characters but trying to mix it up a bit this time around.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You can only invest in the node if you're not there with a VP, in which case it cost 10 energy. Can't do it at all without the VP active.

I'm hoping this means you don't need VP at all.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure what the node investment without changing characters means, unless we're going to be getting a family pool for energy in some way. The permanent node investment level is really nice, and finally...we get pots in family inventory. I imagine PA is pushing themselves to get Ulukita fully done and balanced.

I am hoping it means, I dont have to log in each of my 12ish characters one at a time, invest the energy and then switch. Now I can invest all their energy from a UI screen while staying on main character.

The node investment staying even if you withdrawl seems amazing. Since I had a lot of invest in weird grind spots over the years, but this should free up a lot of contribution, if I can keep that node level but move the contribution investment else where. Almost do a rotating investmest. Pick a node, invest in it to max level, then uninvest and move to another.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am hoping it means, I dont have to log in each of my 12ish characters one at a time, invest the energy and then switch. Now I can invest all their energy from a UI screen while staying on main character.

The node investment staying even if you withdrawl seems amazing. Since I had a lot of invest in weird grind spots over the years, but this should free up a lot of contribution, if I can keep that node level but move the contribution investment else where. Almost do a rotating investmest. Pick a node, invest in it to max level, then uninvest and move to another.

Ya this is what it is, you don't have to swap characters to invest their eneregy. Don't think they've changed anything with having to be in the node or not, that should remain how it is now.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wait, I missed that part. So theoretically you could eventually max every single node? Holy shit that'd be awesome.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The penalty for it as far as I recall is that is consumes energy to invest in a node without being there. I think it was 10 energy per investment, dont think there was a monetary cost, but I could be wrong.

I decided to rush a season character here at the ass end of the season. Never played a Kuno before but wanted a hula hoop, so far it's fun. Trying Zindan's Gahaz rotation to grind 57+ for a bit before my inevitable Chenga questing, very nice so far. I usually end up at desert fogans on season characters but trying to mix it up a bit this time around.
No reason to do Chenga now with a Season character, imo. With the current 400% xo buff you could stay at Gahaz til 61, though I would move to Fogans at 59. You'll hit 61 there really quickly even with a small rotation, the respawn is really fast. Then go back to Gahaz and make some silver.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Wait, I missed that part. So theoretically you could eventually max every single node? Holy shit that'd be awesome.
Yup, that's exactly what you can do over time. Characters not logged in regenerate energy slow as fuck, so it'll take a while, but still..

I can't fucking wait to finally be able to drop my shitty ass Star's End node investments from fucking 3 years ago.

Molten Core Raider
No reason to do Chenga now with a Season character, imo. With the current 400% xo buff you could stay at Gahaz til 61, though I would move to Fogans at 59. You'll hit 61 there really quickly even with a small rotation, the respawn is really fast. Then go back to Gahaz and make some silver.
Yeah, i picked up on that pretty quick. The main reason I decided to mess with a season character was to theoretically speed up the pity piece acquisition for the HP pot I wanna finish and sell. I took the season character to Bloodwolves at 50 (hah) and did ok farming wise, but the exp was ass compared to the time I spent at Gahaz today. Ill probably just go for 61 first, then go back to the grind.

• 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I'm looking at playing this again in the near future, but not right now as I have stuff to finish in the current game I'm playing. However with the current season approaching its end, I figure I might as well look into collecting free shit for the future.

From what I understood, I can collect the free PEN capotia accessory from season without actually doing anything, by just talking to Fughar(well apparently lvl to 20 but that's like 10mins)? Like the one that's capped to one per family thing. I saw there's another way to get PEN capotia and that's via the 21 crystals of balance guaranteed upgrade, and that during season you can fish some stuff that exchange for those crystals. Does that have a lvl req? Could I just fish a couple of nights, then get a 2nd pc of Capotia without actually having to do anything in the season? I should have a TRI capotia acc from last time I played and reached 61 or 62 or whatever to upgrade.

That'd be quite helpful for later.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So I'm looking at playing this again in the near future, but not right now as I have stuff to finish in the current game I'm playing. However with the current season approaching its end, I figure I might as well look into collecting free shit for the future.

From what I understood, I can collect the free PEN capotia accessory from season without actually doing anything, by just talking to Fughar(well apparently lvl to 20 but that's like 10mins)? Like the one that's capped to one per family thing. I saw there's another way to get PEN capotia and that's via the 21 crystals of balance guaranteed upgrade, and that during season you can fish some stuff that exchange for those crystals. Does that have a lvl req? Could I just fish a couple of nights, then get a 2nd pc of Capotia without actually having to do anything in the season? I should have a TRI capotia acc from last time I played and reached 61 or 62 or whatever to upgrade.

That'd be quite helpful for later.
I don't believe there's a level req. to catch the fish, no. However, it'll take a while to get 75 Coalscinth as I think its chance is tied to fishing mastery? I could be wrong on that though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't believe there's a level req. to catch the fish, no. However, it'll take a while to get 75 Coalscinth as I think its chance is tied to fishing mastery? I could be wrong on that though.
I was checking a video from EvilDoUsHarm on it the other day and apparently you can fish them even on a non seasonal char though, so you can use your main to fish them, or at least that's what it seemed. Otherwise it's fine if it takes a few days of night fishing, it's not like I'd be looking at it anyway.

But even if I can't that'd be fine I'm more interested in the other one which is a season reward specifically, that one I can get without doing any season objective yeah? Just lvl to 20, talk to Fughar for early graduation reward or whatever and then done? If I do it now I could wait 30days to play again and get the returner bonus again by the time I start playing for next season so that'd be great.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I was checking a video from EvilDoUsHarm on it the other day and apparently you can fish them even on a non seasonal char though, so you can use your main to fish them, or at least that's what it seemed. Otherwise it's fine if it takes a few days of night fishing, it's not like I'd be looking at it anyway.

But even if I can't that'd be fine I'm more interested in the other one which is a season reward specifically, that one I can get without doing any season objective yeah? Just lvl to 20, talk to Fughar for early graduation reward or whatever and then done? If I do it now I could wait 30days to play again and get the returner bonus again by the time I start playing for next season so that'd be great.
I'm not really too sure on that one. The PEN: Capotias USED to be rewarded at the end of the season/graduation. I'm not entirely sure how it works now.

Molten Core Raider
You can definitely fish the coelacanths on non-season servers. Ive fished up hundreds without having a season character

• 1Like

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I read these fishing posts and did an hour or so of fishing between grinds and then overnight fished when I went to sleep, got a total of 53 season fish on a non-seasonal (my zerker I just took out of season) and handed in some for the Dreamy Crystals. Can confirm.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Man installing this game is taking fucking forever, I hate how Steam takes years decoding files or whatever the fuck it's doing. Thought I'd get it done quickly but it's probably been an hour just installing after it's done downloading(which itself took a while cause the game's like 55gb but that's not that bad).

Seems I had sent various twitch shit rewards to the wrong account too so that's not great but well, it is what it is, I would have needed to log in to claim most of it before expiration dates anyway so not a huge deal.

Edit: Got my shit setup, hit 20 on seasonal and got a pen capotia piece, now fishing for the stuff to get the 2nd piece, straightforward stuff so far no issue. There's so much garbage in all my various inventories though gonna be a pain in the ass to sort through all that crap eventually.

Couple questions, the season pass rewards, you can only claim them on the season char right? So might as well claim everything.

And for the free dream horse, which one would be better for general purpose? Pegasus? Since it flies it seemed like the most interesting but not sure about the one that goes fast and does fire things.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Most things that you claim are account bound, so you can move them around.

I picked Dine, because I spend some time in the desert looking for Hystria/Aakman.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh right the desert has piece of shit mechanics right, last time I played was during covid so we had perma desert reduction or whatever it was, never actually played with full desert. Hmm guess I'll have to think about it, I guess eventually you can just buy another horse too.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you can get a fairy with cheer (doesn't have to even be max), just let it heal you with pots through the desert sickness. Wasting time on water/tea is fucking stupid. If you have infinite pot it makes it even better.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Oh right the desert has piece of shit mechanics right, last time I played was during covid so we had perma desert reduction or whatever it was, never actually played with full desert. Hmm guess I'll have to think about it, I guess eventually you can just buy another horse too.

Dine is the only horse that can sprint/drift/insta in the desert.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man installing this game is taking fucking forever, I hate how Steam takes years decoding files or whatever the fuck it's doing. Thought I'd get it done quickly but it's probably been an hour just installing after it's done downloading(which itself took a while cause the game's like 55gb but that's not that bad).

Seems I had sent various twitch shit rewards to the wrong account too so that's not great but well, it is what it is, I would have needed to log in to claim most of it before expiration dates anyway so not a huge deal.

Edit: Got my shit setup, hit 20 on seasonal and got a pen capotia piece, now fishing for the stuff to get the 2nd piece, straightforward stuff so far no issue. There's so much garbage in all my various inventories though gonna be a pain in the ass to sort through all that crap eventually.

Couple questions, the season pass rewards, you can only claim them on the season char right? So might as well claim everything.

And for the free dream horse, which one would be better for general purpose? Pegasus? Since it flies it seemed like the most interesting but not sure about the one that goes fast and does fire things.
Do you have a TRI Capotia to use the crystal stuff on?

Yea, claim the Pass stuff, since you'll get two stones that will guarantee a pen armor or won, and one for an accessory.

You'll prolly be spending more time outside the Desert than in it, so grab the Peggy. You can always get a camel from a quest later.