Black Desert

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Its good, but the ground topography kinda sucks, as do the Kimel mobs. Facing into the room, I go clockwise. There are 12 packs, or 11 if you count the second grouping to be one, but I count them as two. So, at the 4th pack, there is a ledge that you can get stuck on... on the 5th, there is a small hole you can drop down into, on the way to the 7th those Kimels can block your path, then at 9th (with the 4 Belle-whatevers), the stepped blocks can hinder your pathing, the higher up Kimels and go immune / reset. Kimels can once again block your path from 10th to 11th. It can be aggravating, and the Kimels are super annoying because they can travel underground.
I just ignore Kimmels, if they die they die, otherwise they'll leash, they're minor loot anyway. If you go counterclockwise I found it better for the pack with 4 big guys, because you can get to them from behind which is easier to enter without getting stuck on the ledge(still have to aim for the little stairs but at least for maegu I can more easily Q into the middle of the 4, while clockwise I'd get stuck in front of them and sometimes the furthest one would be out of range of my aoes). Honestly I rarely get stuck at all in that rotation besides the 4 big guys if I miss the stairs, and that doesn't happen much. But yeah I'll miss maybe like 30% of the kimmels because it's a waste of time to kill them when they'll sometimes iframe for a while when they're digging and stuff. If one's low I'll snipe it but otherwise I don't bother.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What part of the desert are you in? I was stationed there for 3 long years...what an awful location.
Moved to the Florida panhandle in 2021.

But I was in Ridgecrest (worked at China Lake) for almost a decade. It's basically the northern part, on the other side of the mountains from Death Valley. Best option there was Mediacom with a data cap though.

Drat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Graduated from summer season and timepieced a witch. Played on the witch for a while in season, not too bad, but way different that a zerk, which was to be expected. The biggest surprised was how many healing potions I was using as a witch vs zerker. I went and did trees as the witch and holy crap, quaf city. I can understand now why people target the inf health pot before the mana pot. Really enjoyed the multi direction "dodge" that the witch has to go forward and backwards along with side to side.

After I graduated the witch, I opened up the weapons from jetina on the zerker so the zerker is the main for now. I need to look at the market tonight and pick the boss gear I want from the Magnus chest.

Going to keep the witch untagged while I level up some cannon fodder alts for a few world bosses and then I plan on tagging the witch with the zerker.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Kratuga nerfs on global test, guess I only have 2 weeks left to farm some better gear to get my ass to Orcs. Some shit about not nerfing Woosa but instead buffing everyone else too, which sounds pretty fucking dumb, especially since they're not very fast at buffing. Maybe less content more class changes in the coming weeks? There's like dozens of classes they need to buff.

Drat

Kratuga nerfs on global test, guess I only have 2 weeks left to farm some better gear to get my ass to Orcs.

There was a video of the changes, rather than reducing the number of packs, they reduced the number of mobs per pack, its its a bad change for everybody.

Some shit about not nerfing Woosa but instead buffing everyone else too, which sounds pretty fucking dumb, especially since they're not very fast at buffing.
In other words, play woosa since nerfs are unlikely.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Kratuga nerfs on global test, guess I only have 2 weeks left to farm some better gear to get my ass to Orcs. Some shit about not nerfing Woosa but instead buffing everyone else too, which sounds pretty fucking dumb, especially since they're not very fast at buffing. Maybe less content more class changes in the coming weeks? There's like dozens of classes they need to buff.
Don’t understand why this is even necessary. Kratuga is absolutely the perfect zone right now between trash, drops, and the mini game. I’ve never understood why these guys break stuff that works for everyone.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The issue isn't that Kratuga doesn't need to be nerfed. It absolutely does. It's a 250AP spot that pulls more silver/hr than almost every single spot up to around 300AP (Giants and Lower Gyfin are where it starts to fall a tad behind). It's basically Centaurs but you don't even really have to be a fast "movement" class to pull good numbers. The problem is that Marni is the dumbest fucking way to "nerf" it.

The reason it's so busted now is because when they were doing buffs to Aakman and Hystria (which both absolutely needed buffs), they inexplicably increased the trash amounts at Kratuga as well. A spot that was already good for it's AP range and worth a solid 500m-550m or so per hour. People were even like, "Wtf? Why are they buffing Kratuga trash amounts? It's already solid". And what do you know, overnight it went from 500-600m/hr or so to 800m-1b/hr or so.

Nerfing the Marni version is fucking retarded. They never should've buffed the trash amount in the first place. And it does NOTHING for 2-room rotation, which will still earn you the same as Marni realm, if not a tad more. Just revert the trash buff it got, leave Marni alone, and let the Tuvala Timmies earn some decent silver.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm, dunno. No one at 250* is going to pulling good numbers at Kratuga, you should start to see the numbers spike up at 270+, with no top end cap. Especially if you're a fast class. An AP monkey succ Sage can get 150k/hr trash. Just trash.

But yea, it probably should be toned down a bit. I do slightly better at Gyfin/Giants than I do at Kratuga, but the RNG loot at Kratuga is simply superior, especially if the Artifacts hit a jackpot... like my Strike the other day.

*Might be some classes which overperform at the 250-265AP range there.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hm, dunno. No one at 250* is going to pulling good numbers at Kratuga, you should start to see the numbers spike up at 270+, with no top end cap. Especially if you're a fast class. An AP monkey succ Sage can get 150k/hr trash. Just trash.
You're not really pulling 150k trash numbers at 250, no. But you're certainly pulling far more trash value than just about anything you can get your hands on until 300ish AP. And it keeps increasing as you slowly build AP toward the cap. It's even approaching Orcs, where a decent chunk of the value are in red cookies that are effectively useless without also grinding at Bloody and/or Fogans (one of the reasons I hate Serendia Elvia valuations).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah as someone who's been doing Kratuga with an after season char on a "new" account(no 20b crystal page with garmoth or deathblow), the amounts you get there aren't close to the other places.

I do think the nerfs should have been focused more on nerfing the high end though, but yeah even for the low end/min AP for it it's still very good. After the nerfs though it looks pretty trash other than trying to get artifacts, at least the marni one. Outside marni should still be fairly solid if you're not overgeared for it, but obviously you need to find an empty spot.

My char's basically at orcs level though, I'm only 40monster AP under the cap overall, which should be good enough to start there, just want to fix my DP a bit more and get some better crystals. I want to get a couple of valencia 2 done so I can get rebelious for "cheaper", I got 2 kama already and 1 mediah(and these are worth less, although there's a lot of preorders) but have 0 valencia and I think running the questline should be about as fast as farming 1b anyway, without consuming agris.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I decided to give Berserker another try farming potion pieces (just have Manshaum's left). I did Valk train for part of Tshira and it was nice and turn your brain off grinding.

Whenever I tried before, Zerker just felt super clunky to me. Not sure what clicked today, but it felt really nice. Granted, Manshaum's isn't even remotely a hard grind to do, but I'm considering switching from Lahn for real this time. I should probably give it another go at a harder grind zone, but I honestly can't stand anymore Serendia Elvia, and I haven't ever done the Calpheon ones so it seems unwise to try a new zone with a new main.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
and I haven't ever done the Calpheon ones so it seems unwise to try a new zone with a new main.
Depends on how far you overgear it. Saunils would probably be pretty easy for you to overgear based on your last screenshot of AP/DP. Overgearing will help lower your risk of dying/crystal loss. Plus, it's a very stationary spot, so it's good for getting a good combo flow down to muscle memory.

The money isn't the greatest, but with the recent buffs, it isn't complete dogshit. Somewhere around 500m/hr or so. The only thing to be a bit wary of is if you get the "boss" event. They can hit pretty hard if you don't have frontal/avoid their attacks. You should be able to just "back out" of the event area though to instantly end the event. Which keeps you safe, but obviously loses you the loot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I did Khan today as a merc since they added the quests figured I'd run it and get a free Khan heart for life skilling. Open my bag once I get in town, apparently I got a Khan heart drop on top of the quest item lol. I wish this luck worked more on Garmoth or Vell but eh I guess I'll make a destruction Khan stone and use it until I upgrade to Vell later on.

Also Global looking pretty tasty this week. They buffed a lot of alchemy mats sources(Saps/Traces/Fruits with increases on worker nodes, farming, gathering and such plus a bunch of other stuff) and there's also a ton of class buffs to some of the classes, some less than others but still pretty big buffs overall. Sadly the class changes won't make it live until asian championship is over and I think they won't patch our version before KR either so will have to wait, but if they keept stacking weekly changes like that, the patch coming is going to be huge for dead classes.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Destruction Khan is super nice, since it gives 2 sheet AP, maybe upgrade it as well since you -might- be able to remove the Blessing (for 1bln?). Get a PO up o Vells and forget about it. =)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The Destruction Khan is super nice, since it gives 2 sheet AP, maybe upgrade it as well since you -might- be able to remove the Blessing (for 1bln?). Get a PO up o Vells and forget about it. =)
Yeah they just buffed it, I didn't want to make it though since once they add the new questline you can get a 1AP stone for free from that so figured I'd just do the jump to Vell directly from that but with the additional one I might as well. Vell upgrade isn't soon though, I was checking the price of each AP upgrades I can get and it's a lot more efficient to start with TET Disto earrings even at their currently high price(24b on EU) since they give a whooping 5AP each. I'll also need to invest 15-20b into defensive shit to compensate for disto negative DP(plus the removal of my DP earring since I'm using tuvala/capotia) but that's fine, so for now that's what I'm gonna be upgrading and Vell comes after that, so getting that Khan now is actually quite nice. And eventually I can sell it for 5-6b or whatever it'll be at, and it costs less than 1b to make so that's just easy money.

I'm farming pretty slowly, which is fine not in a big rush and I do like that I'm not too forced to do much in this game. A large part of my daily routine was/is the ship stuff but I'm nearing the end of that grind with only ~10brilliant mats left to buy carrack. Once I have it I'm probably dropping all sea content so that'll free some time, only leaves like 10mins of life daillies(+10 if I do gathering too which I only do every now and then) and 10mins of pit of the undying and rest is do what I want.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nice shit. Where do you get the Khan quests? Our guild will do our double next Sunday.

Also, on the carrack, I think I mentioned it a while back, but once I got mine I did the same thing; just completely stopped ocean content. But I went back a bit ago and started getting the blue gear and holy shit is the upgrade massive. Only have 2 pieces so far (cannons and sail) and they're not even upgraded fully (+9 and +3 respectively), but the difference from +10 green carrack is ridiculous. About 11k crow coins from getting the figurehead.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Nice shit. Where do you get the Khan quests? Our guild will do our double next Sunday.

Also, on the carrack, I think I mentioned it a while back, but once I got mine I did the same thing; just completely stopped ocean content. But I went back a bit ago and started getting the blue gear and holy shit is the upgrade massive. Only have 2 pieces so far (cannons and sail) and they're not even upgraded fully (+9 and +3 respectively), but the difference from +10 green carrack is ridiculous. About 11k crow coins from getting the figurehead.
The Otter that gives the coral daillies next to Khan has the new quests. Just need to make sure you pick the one for the difficulty you're doing. No cooldown on the quests so you can get all 3 done in 3 consecutive days if you merc in another guild, provided you can find ppl doing Khan. My own guild doesn't but there's a couple of guilds running pub merc Khans on the sailling discord, used one of them to get mats for carrack before so I ran again with them, with a good organization it's actually quite fast even at lvl 3, I think under 10mins this time cause there were a bunch more ppl than last time.

And yeah for the carrack maybe I'll do more stuff eventually over time but just can't be bothered atm. And yeah the blue gear is a bunch better but it's also a huge pita to get and upgrade. The thing is I really don't care for the crow coins runs and once you're at carrack level it's so many crow coins for everything, it's meh.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
And yeah for the carrack maybe I'll do more stuff eventually over time but just can't be bothered atm. And yeah the blue gear is a bunch better but it's also a huge pita to get and upgrade. The thing is I really don't care for the crow coins runs and once you're at carrack level it's so many crow coins for everything, it's meh.
Fuck "crow coin runs". I'll put a pistol in my mouth before I deal with that bullshit timesink.

I just slowly build up crow coins via Pit of the Undying dailies. It'll take me "longer" that way, but at least I preserve my sanity. Plus, I only really do barter runs when I'm watching NFL or MMA events and have a lot of time to be semi-afk. I pretty much ignore the rest of the ocean "content" out there. I find it annoying to deal with. The "daily" nature of most of it, the horrible ocean desync issues, random red players that get their rocks off sinking people that are autopathing, etc.

• 1Like

Drat

I am at 54 blood oaths, 33 Tranq Tinn, and 3 Dragon's fangs towards the Inf HP pot. Even though I have made some decent progress, I feel like I just should go grind at Centaurs for 20 hours at 600 mill and hour and buy it from the market. 600m has been by worst hour run there. I have been using my weekly pity bonus on Ronaros area, because the loot is so bad. The only thing holding me back is when I get the 12 billion I need to buy out the pot, it seem like it might be better to get more AP gear upgraded instead.

I have 76 atanis pieces and those seem like its better to save for the mana pot.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I am at 54 blood oaths, 33 Tranq Tinn, and 3 Dragon's fangs towards the Inf HP pot. Even though I have made some decent progress, I feel like I just should go grind at Centaurs for 20 hours at 600 mill and hour and buy it from the market. 600m has been by worst hour run there. I have been using my weekly pity bonus on Ronaros area, because the loot is so bad. The only thing holding me back is when I get the 12 billion I need to buy out the pot, it seem like it might be better to get more AP gear upgraded instead.

I have 76 atanis pieces and those seem like its better to save for the mana pot.
You can definitely consider farming somewhere else, just have to do the math and figure if you want to do it. Blood Wolves and Sherakhan night are usually quite good money though when factoring the price of the potion pieces. Manshaum too. The other spots are ass and are better off being replaced by Atanis spots. If you can do centaur efficiently it can be worth grinding over the pot spots I guess but that's a lot of centaurs. Also have to consider if you're using agris or not for the results and if you have enough agris for the amount you grind.

What I did was grind the mana pot cause it's the most expensive one, did manshaum and navarn grind and then did atanis for the tshira piece since they released atanis at that point, and with the silver I farmed I bought both the hp pot and a TET blackstar. I wasn't playing a class that could do centaur efficiently though so ymmv. Mana pot is also kinda optional, it's a nice qol upgrade but not nearly as useful as the hp one for most classes.