Black Friday 2013

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Gotta save $30 on that tablet bro. Most important thing on earth.

If I were king I'd have these idiots dual it out American Gladiators style for their deals.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kinda surprised there hasn't been a Black Friday shooter. Packed mayhem, seems like the perfect opportunity for a spree killing. Plus will make bf shopping next year a lot more hassle free

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I usually wait for cyber monday sales. Last two years we found better deals there than in actual stores. (Wife is a bestbuy manager, she usually asks for an extra $100 to pick up xmas gifts in mass and that's it)

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cyber Monday has become Cyber Everyday. Other than the "door busters" you can get everything online for the same price.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Last year I tried doing the Black Friday thing. I remember being disappointing that unless I was willing to wait 3 hours in front of one door for like 50% off an o.k. item of which they only have 10 in stock, there's no deals to be had on Black Friday. I think those 9.99 toasters at Walmart are actually 8.99 the rest of the year.

Cyber Monday has less shocking discounts, but plenty of marked down items to be had.

Goatface

not been to a store opening in several years, but all the stores around me hand out coupons for the limited big ticket items.

this whole idea of opening at 8pm is retarded, would hope it backfires, but too many stupid people out there.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I've always been either too drunk or too hungover to go to black friday sales. It's much easier to just sit on the computer and buy stuff for the same price.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i live right next to the clothing outlets in pa, like literally a 15minute walk, bananna republic,RL,dkny,coach, everything. i can tell you right off the bat having been here for 6 years, there are no deals on black friday that are worthwhile. It's actually more worthwhile just to get regular coupons by email/mail (or spend 5bucks and get an all access coupon book) and buy clothes 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after black friday.

a typical tactic is that they'll have clothes marked down (tag says $49, sticker says $29) and you can then stack $10 off $50 coupons.

a black friday deal will be the entire store is 50% off no coupons... BUT they relabel every piece of clothing to the original sticker price, so like no deal really. (this is just a theoretical example, but is pretty much what happens)

for me, i don't shop black friday... but it just so happens my wife wants an ipad mini (i bought her an ipad last year), and target has
300bucks with a 75 gift card (if you don't know by now you cannot lower the MSRP of apple products, so stores give out giftcards instead)

and walmart has the same deal but it's a $100gift card.

since i live out in rural pa, the walmart is actually a full on supermarket as well, so i could always bust up that gift card no problem.

target also has the nintendo 3dsXL for $150, i bought a DS for my wife like years ago... and while i don't care for the 3d... it's the only way to get the new phoenix wright game (she loves that series)

problem is that for black fridays all the parking lots are filled up to the brim, so i'll probably just have to walk to both of them, 30minutes to walmart then 50minutes to target (since it's the other way)

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The trick is to get someone that you know is going to stand in line and ask them to pick up something for you and you'll reinburse them. Gets me out of standing out in the cold and getting the item I want. Since I know people that do this it usually isn't that hard.

I am looking at that LG $499 TV at Best Buy but I may be able to snag that online.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I wonder how many people will die from being trampled this year.

Gotta get the deals. Fucking Black Friday disgusts me. Who would give up spending time with family on Thanksgiving to buy shit like an animal?
Maybe people who don't like their family?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I got a 4TB drive on newegg for 130 bucks for their black friday sale.
biggrin.png

I will be sitting at home on Friday, probably work half the day, play with my kids half the day.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I need a Samsung 840 256gb PRO SSD badly. So if anyone sees that on sale, post it.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I'm in the market for a Chromebook. Hoping one of the new ones will be a little off on cyber Monday. Worth checking on Friday as well, but definitely not going to fight the crowds in a store for a few bucks off...

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I live in MA, so legally no stores can open until midnight, and most don't open until 1AM. Kind of weird blue laws but I like it. If I had to get out at 8pm on thanksgiving I would fucking murder a bitch. The best part is my job pays us for thanksgiving and black friday as holiday pay, so either way I ain't doing shit all day.

Looking at tablets and maybe some videogames. Saw no door busters. And kohls has the dress shirts I like for $10 so I'll hit them up.

Pioneer89_sl

shitlord
i live right next to the clothing outlets in pa, like literally a 15minute walk, bananna republic,RL,dkny,coach, everything. i can tell you right off the bat having been here for 6 years, there are no deals on black friday that are worthwhile. It's actually more worthwhile just to get regular coupons by email/mail (or spend 5bucks and get an all access coupon book) and buy clothes 2 weeks before or 2 weeks after black friday.

a typical tactic is that they'll have clothes marked down (tag says $49, sticker says $29) and you can then stack $10 off $50 coupons.

a black friday deal will be the entire store is 50% off no coupons... BUT they relabel every piece of clothing to the original sticker price, so like no deal really. (this is just a theoretical example, but is pretty much what happens)

for me, i don't shop black friday... but it just so happens my wife wants an ipad mini (i bought her an ipad last year), and target has
300bucks with a 75 gift card (if you don't know by now you cannot lower the MSRP of apple products, so stores give out giftcards instead)

and walmart has the same deal but it's a $100gift card.

since i live out in rural pa, the walmart is actually a full on supermarket as well, so i could always bust up that gift card no problem.

target also has the nintendo 3dsXL for $150, i bought a DS for my wife like years ago... and while i don't care for the 3d... it's the only way to get the new phoenix wright game (she loves that series)

problem is that for black fridays all the parking lots are filled up to the brim, so i'll probably just have to walk to both of them, 30minutes to walmart then 50minutes to target (since it's the other way)
Get the Nintendo 2DS, it plays the 3D games on a 2D screen, and it's only $100 at Wal-Mart tomorrow.

Wal mart is doing a deal where they guarantee the door buster crap will be in stock for 1 hour. Just show up at 6:30, miss the running of the rednecks, and get your stuff (or a rain check).