Black Friday / Cyber Monday 2019

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Just hit up Amazon for that. Unless you are looking for a gaming laptop you can find one with the specs you want easy as pie.
Right, but there are thousands of configurations and without spending the time to catch up on processor generations, mobile graphics cards, Latest RAM speeds, display technologies, etc. it’s really just a gamble on whether I would be getting a good deal or not. i7, 8 Gb RAM, 1080p display doesn’t really tell the story when the variations of that can be as low as ~$400 or over $1k. Was hoping someone here had done that recently so I didn’t have to to use once and then be out of date again in a few months.

If not I’ll probably just watch slickdeals for something that nominally matches what I want, but for Black Friday deals knowing ahead of time what you are looking for usually is the only way you can actually get it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

nothing i want seems to be cheaper than normal. seen any xbox1 controllers under $39

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been waiting for the Playstation sale... and I love it because Amazon offers the same deals. New (and hopefully the last) controller on its way. And god please let the PS5 controllers be more durable.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
store to watch out for is kohls, they're offering up deals and giving kohls cash, i don't shop at kohls but ppl have said it's not like store credit (which is as good as cash), kohls cash is only applicable to pre-coupon prices, cuz normally ppl would be shopping with kohls with a 10% coupon or something.

i believe i saw ps4 pro and 90bucks kohls cash, so watch out for that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i posted in the cooking thread, reposting here. it's only a deal if you no sous vide or vacuum sealer, regular anova is like 80bucks... sure you can get the chinese clones, but come on...

upping my sous vide game, to date i've used a mechanical crockpot and external beer timer? this was going strong for 10years, an annoying thing was it'd click the crock pot on/off/on/off every 3mins or so (with temp loss)

anyway, i'm trying to cut down on having multiple pots i won't use much so i'll be using the instapot as my new sous vide with an anova finally, theres gonna be deals, so this is specific

Anova Culinary | Sous Vide Precision Cooker Nano (750 Watts) & Vacuum Sealer Accessory | Bundle | Anova App Included

this fit me perfectly, since i wanted an anova and my foodsaver was starting to fail (the element didn't get hot enough, it is almost 20yrs old, i can't fault it) also it's the wide 16in, before i was using the short 9in version that was only good for quart sized bags and rolls.

i see ppl just get this silicone universal lid now for any stock pot
Cellar Made Joule Sous Vide Silicone Lid for a Stockpot - 11 Inches - Large - Joule Orange

eb3748a9ca5c4d904e015dc273df375d.png

hopefully it'll work out well and i can cut down on even more kitchen pots

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ya im looking for two gaming monitors and a laptop as well

Don't be pissed that I'm quoting you without giving you a solution because I'm looking for two gaming monitors as well. I want 2x 27" that are 1440p but I want them for under $180 each. I think we are still a year away from that pricing but I looked back at my Newegg account and saw that my newest monitor is 4 1/2 years old and I last rebuilt my gaming PC in fucking 2011. Where does the time go?

The irony of the computer is that with 16GB of RAM and an i5-2500 the only thing that I've needed to replace to keep up with gaming has been the graphics card twice.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Don't be pissed that I'm quoting you without giving you a solution because I'm looking for two gaming monitors as well. I want 2x 27" that are 1440p but I want them for under $180 each. I think we are still a year away from that pricing but I looked back at my Newegg account and saw that my newest monitor is 4 1/2 years old and I last rebuilt my gaming PC in fucking 2011. Where does the time go?

The irony of the computer is that with 16GB of RAM and an i5-2500 the only thing that I've needed to replace to keep up with gaming has been the graphics card twice.
thats gonna be hard, the closest i've seen is renewed acers for 190
Acer 27in Widescreen Monitor 16:9 1ms 75HZ WQHD (2560x1440) AMD FreeSync (Renewed)

it is renewed from amazon, so theres that bonus at least

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I got this a month ago, it was like 20$ cheaper then but its still on sale. No complaints so far but I haven't really pushed the envelop on it yet either

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I got this a month ago, it was like 20$ cheaper then but its still on sale. No complaints so far but I haven't really pushed the envelop on it yet either

I keep seeing people say that 27" at 1080p makes browsing and doing work hard on the eyes. No problems for you?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I keep seeing people say that 27" at 1080p makes browsing and doing work hard on the eyes. No problems for you?
yea i don't see how using a 27in at 1080p is usable unless you're an old dude and use large fonts and 150% screen

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Thinking about this guy if I can grab it, seems like a good deal for 10th gen i7

$449

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Thinking about this guy if I can grab it, seems like a good deal for 10th gen i7

edited to remove personal info (Thanks @Lanx) -Amod
Isn't there and AMD version of that with a new ryzen and Vega 8 graphics?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

edited to remove personal info (Thanks @Lanx) -Amod
That just reminded me that I need a new wifi router.

I haven't swapped out my own in 15 years (Linksys 54??). Can I still grab a "good" one and just set it up myself, or do I need to go through the cable company (Charter) for this shit nowadays?

Ritley Ritley - Not sure if you care, but you had personal info in that link. Do you want to re-add without?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Isn't there and AMD version of that with a new ryzen and Vega 8 graphics?
All I could find is one with a ryzen 5 3500u vs this one with i7 1065G7, and all of the benchmarks have the i7 ahead

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That just reminded me that I need a new wifi router.

I haven't swapped out my own in 15 years (Linksys 54??). Can I still grab a "good" one and just set it up myself, or do I need to go through the cable company (Charter) for this shit nowadays?

Ritley Ritley - Not sure if you care, but you had personal info in that link. Do you want to re-add without?
Did it have anything beyond a specific store? Updated to the generic link instead of the BF ad link