LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Inhaling Season 3!

I DO NOT LIKE THE AUGMENTED VIRTUAL REALITY SURVIVAL HORROR GAME NEWP :eek:

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Not sure why everyone knocks Season 3. I think it's at least as good as the previous seasons. Facebook episode was strong, as was Resident Evil VR. Hacker blackmail episode was silly but ok. Just watched the San Junipero MMORPG afterlife episode. (first episode to make me shed minor tears I might add) Very compelling stuff. Not so sure how I feel about transferring my consciousness into a server. How do you know you are really you after such a transfer?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
If you look down and notice your body has turned into a banana, you'll know.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'm watching through this again, and I really like 15 million merits. I don't think it's even in the top 5 episodes, but i love the style.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
That's my favorite episode of the entire series.

It doesn't surprise me that it's a fan favourite, simply because it's so futuristic and has a really sterile sci fi feel to it. My favourite episodes are White Bear and Shut up and Dance for how they subvert expectations, though. I also really like Nosedive for how much of a shit life that would be.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That episode is the one that stuck with me the most, I think because of how bad I felt for the chick. Something about her and what happened to her was the thing that bothered me the most of all the episodes. Which is kind of silly when you look at what happens to other people, like the criminal with all the people chasing/photographing her, and the Artificial Intelligences stuck in eons of loneliness, etc. For whatever reason, those didn't hit me as hard even though when I think about it, those seem much worse.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
That episode is the one that stuck with me the most, I think because of how bad I felt for the chick. Something about her and what happened to her was the thing that bothered me the most of all the episodes. Which is kind of silly when you look at what happens to other people, like the criminal with all the people chasing/photographing her, and the Artificial Intelligences stuck in eons of loneliness, etc. For whatever reason, those didn't hit me as hard even though when I think about it, those seem much worse.

It was the fact that they exploited her weakness and the fact that she had a compliance drink prior to going on stage. They turned something pure into something wholly artificial. I mean it happens in the ending beats of the episode when Bing's passion is turned into another piece of trash that people can ingest. I found it to be a really stark look at these so-called reality shows which turn legitimate talent into 60 minute digestible chunks.

I watched "White Bear" again last night, and knowing the twist it definitely didn't have as much impact, but was actually really cool in the way that you looked for all the small inconsistencies. I think White Bear has to be one of my favourite episodes for the simple fact that it's horrifying. Most people have always talked big on what they would do to Myra Hindley given the chance, but the fate of the main character in "White Bear" is so horrifying that you actually feel a sense of sympathy (or I do anyway) for her. It evoked similar feelings to "National Anthem" in that whilst you can enjoy a bit of shadenfreude, I would be truly uncomfortable just laughing at someone in such an awful position day in and day out.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure why everyone knocks Season 3. I think it's at least as good as the previous seasons. Facebook episode was strong, as was Resident Evil VR. Hacker blackmail episode was silly but ok. Just watched the San Junipero MMORPG afterlife episode. (first episode to make me shed minor tears I might add) Very compelling stuff. Not so sure how I feel about transferring my consciousness into a server. How do you know you are really you after such a transfer?

San Junipero episode was one of the best pieces of recent sci-fi in any medium. It equally explores aging, death/dying, virtual reality, and consciousness like nothing else I've ever seen.

• 1Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
San Junipero episode was one of the best pieces of recent sci-fi in any medium. It equally explores aging, death/dying, virtual reality, and consciousness like nothing else I've ever seen.

Just put that on, that black chick looks EXACTLY like Lisa from saved by the bell. It's crazy.

5e27f29c-d8b4-426c-9305-8215a8eda6f2

• 1Like

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
She runs out to that girl who is standing in the rain. Not believable, no black chick would get their hair wet for any reason.

Episode not believable

• 1Worf