Black Mirror

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It was the fact that they exploited her weakness and the fact that she had a compliance drink prior to going on stage. They turned something pure into something wholly artificial. I mean it happens in the ending beats of the episode when Bing's passion is turned into another piece of trash that people can ingest. I found it to be a really stark look at these so-called reality shows which turn legitimate talent into 60 minute digestible chunks.

The reason the episode is good is how it mirrors our society as a whole with people on their bikes all day going nowhere just to maintain the status quo and how people will abandon their beliefs and principles for fame and money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was going to post asking if anyone knew when Season 4 was going to be released, but I figured that's pretty fucking lazy of me, so I googled it and found out that 6 episodes are supposed to be out before the end of the year. No specific date given yet, just before the end of the year. So on the one hand, that's pretty good news, but on the other, it is killing me not knowing! This is one of my most anticipated series now, and all these trailers look great. Fucking release them already Netflix!

• 1Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
For real, every trailer they put out is basically a massive fucking tease without a release date. It's like, "Oh hey look at this fantastic trailer for the next season, which will be out....nah, just kidding. Gotta keep you dangling!"

PCnzdvo.gif

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rime

<Donor>
This one is going to be fucked up

Thought this was going to be an end of the world type scenario. Everyone has a 'timer' that tells them how long until they die, everyone's starts showing at the same time... panic.

Instead, it seems sort of like The Lobster or something along those lines? Who knows! Only one or two episodes were not 'enjoyable' out of the whole series for me and two of them were 'amazing'. So I will certainly watch these.

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
I always thought it would be an interesting story where everyone knew the date they would die but not the year or cause. How would people handle that day every year?

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
If the episodes are 40min of drama buildup like Game of Thrones, I will turn it the fuck off

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Man it's going to be a depressing as hell new year. Can't wait!

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'm so hyped up for this. After watching the entire series a second time I've definitely come to appreciate episodes I wasn't too keen on, as well as be less interested in the episodes I absolutely loved the first time through.

White Bear and Shut up and Dance are still my favourite episodes for the sheer horror in them. I really like 15 million merits, National Anthem, White Christmas, Nosedive and San Junipero. The rest that I enjoyed on my first watch but I was less enthused with a second time was The entire History of you and Men against Fire. The rest I enjoyed.

I really am looking forward to season 4 now though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I like how 1 or 2 of them aren't completely dreadful endings for everyone involved. I'm so jaded, I usually root for the bad things to happen in movies, but in black mirror I actually want some salvation!

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Why the fuck isn't this out? Midnight December 29th is what they said and that has come and gone. None of this West Coast bullshit.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Just watched the first. Holy awesome. I love this show. It never disappoints and they keep playing off future tech and possible implications. God it’s so unnerving thinking about it.

• 1Like