Black Mirror

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
Feels like I need to replay/rewatch it multiple times to get the full experience. Like im missing huge pieces of character and plot development. Thing is I didn't really enjoy my first run through so I don't really want to do it again. I'll just wait for a youtube video that shows all the different paths you can take.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got the 5/5 ending. :cool:
Kill dad and chop him up
Also in the post credits:
The modem sound that plays translates into a QR leading to this site: Tuckersoft

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I wasn't terribly impressed with the movie. It was a cool idea, but the story behind it was pretty bland.

I'm glad that we're still getting a regular series in 2019.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I kept going down the rabbit hole on this one - basically got an ultra final happy-ish? Donnie Darko type ending and it didn't give me the option to go back and select any alternate choice at that point. The "action scene" stuff was kinda hilarious only because I didn't expect it like that. They tried pretty hard to make this feel meta, wasn't bad though - kept me entertained for over an hour trying different choices.

If you take both of the dead dad routes and go back at some point, eventually it leads you back to that scene where he wants a sign as to who is making him make these choices is, and you can now give the option of "Netflix" (lol) After you try to explain Netflix to him, he ended up going through the mirror, turning into baby-Stefan, replacing the doll that was taken under his bed, thus he left as child with mother, but they still got on the train that derailed, this time he was with mother and thus died in the train wreck. It showed him dead in the present timeline from having died...in the past as a child? Wibbly wobbly timey wimey idk.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I finished season 3 tonight. It's strange, I've watched the show since season 1 came out on BBC, but it took me this long to finally finish season 3. I'll start 4 eventually. Maybe even make my way to the movie.

Argarth

On the verandah
Re the Bandersnatch movie:

Really didn't find the story or any of the characters the least bit interesting, so I stopped caring about any of the choices pretty quickly as a result. Then I got annoyed how long the choices took to auto-resolve, and discovered soon enough that a couple of them are considered "wrong" and you just have to pick the other one.

Can't say how far in I was before I fell asleep, and woke up just in time to get 5/5 ending that Shmoopy Shmoopy spoilered above. Promptly thumbed it down and deleted it from my played list.

Guess I wasn't the target audience... :emoji_laughing:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
Thought this was interesting. Got the 5/5 (is this a rating or wat?) ending as well. Thought the film was a very meta way of showcasing viewer engagement, especially in the world of streaming these days ala twitch. Story wasn't that amazing or anything but the idea and tech is solid and I hope they do more with it.

• 1Like

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Thought this was interesting. Got the 5/5 (is this a rating or wat?) ending as well. Thought the film was a very meta way of showcasing viewer engagement, especially in the world of streaming these days ala twitch. Story wasn't that amazing or anything but the idea and tech is solid and I hope they do more with it.

Pretty much how I feel as well. The story falls within other medicore ones they have released over the years, but their use of the choose your path was fun for me. I was always a sucker for the goosebumps books that let you do this, so it worked for me. I went down a majority of the paths, but was left wanting more and will probably finish the few I missed tonight.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So is this the beginning of movie DLC? Next month furthermore endings?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I thought it was cool how some choices kept track of previous choices and things changed. We got to the same point a couple of times and some of our options changed completely.

It wasn’t a super interesting story line but it was entertaining and engaging I thought. They could do some amazing time loop shit with this format I think.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah let the guys that did Primer have a crack at it,.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bandersnatch wasn't the most memorable of episodes, but I can understand why they would have wanted make an episode like this. I am glad Netflix gave them the creative go-head to try it.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I did Bandersnatch yesterday and had fun with it. I particularly liked the action sequences and the Netflix bit as well. I was hoping they would have gone more over the top with 'Kick him in the balls' but oh well.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Full map of the Bandersnatch choices

Bandersnatch_Map_IGN_2.jpg

[\SPOILER]

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Seasons 1 and 2 were really short, weren't they? Like 3 episodes each also or something. British stuff is always shorter.

Anyway, super pumped. Although not sure about Miley Cyrus.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah the first two were 3 episodes a piece, those teasers all looked great to me though
can't wait!

Louis

Trakanon Raider
And you could kind of include bandersnatch in this season as well bringing it to 4.