Fedor

<Banned>
2fur.jpg

• 3Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm

i'm going to starbucks tomorrow... then i'm going to cut in line in front of everyone... then when they get pissed i'm going to demand amnesty, because i've been going to that starbucks for years

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
It's amazing the entitlement some people have. "Yes I'm committing a crime, but fuck you!"

... Black guy at work last night saying how he hears Black Panther will be the best Marvel movie ever.. it has Angela Basset in it! .. Just interesting the different perspectives.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looking forward to what Kendrick is gonna do with the soundtrack.
Same. Also like RTJ's contribution to the sound track, though this is only partial redemption for allowing Legend Has It to be on the fucking Baywatch movie track.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So my fan theory is as follows:
This guy (I didn't look up who he was or what he plays) is written in to nearly get killed in battle, but we see him alive again at the end with a brief description add to why.

However, after that illegal comment, they've going to remove the "getting better" description scene. Then while the credits are scrolling someone speaks top and says "man, I can't believe Rodney died" or something similar.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So my fan theory is as follows:
This guy (I didn't look up who he was or what he plays) is written in to nearly get killed in battle, but we see him alive again at the end with a brief description add to why.

I decided to look him up in IMDB to see who he was playing. Not surprisingly the headline description of "star" is there to get it more attention. He's credited as "Military Leader". And it turns out that BP isn't his first comic book movie. He was also in Suicide Squad where he landed the coveted role of "T-Shirt Vendor".

In a double whammy of irony one of his other roles was in a movie called A Futile and Stupid Gesture in which he played the "Taxi driver".

Last edited:
  • 2Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Honestly I'm not really a fan of black panther, especially the modern day "batman plus Reed Richards plus Ironman" version.

BUT I liked Chadwick boseman in civil war, so we'll see. I like the lore of wakanda, I have no problem with black superheroes. As long as it doesn't turn out to be a propaganda film (which I doubt Disney would even allow) it'll be fine

• 2Picard

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I decided to look him up in IMDB to see who he was playing. Not surprisingly the headline description of "star" is there to get it more attention. He's credited as "Military Leader". And it turns out that BP isn't his first comic book movie. He was also in Suicide Squad where he landed the coveted role of "T-Shirt Vendor".

In a double whammy of irony one of his other roles was in a movie called A Futile and Stupid Gesture in which he played the "Taxi driver".

Futile and Stupid Gesture is the Netflix movie about the founding of National Lampoon, I think.

Royal

FYI the premiere for this is tonight. Social media responses will be allowed starting at 1AM with the full review embargo lifting a week from noon tomorrow.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I watched the trailers and I still have zero interest in seeing this, even if someone showed up at my house right now and gave me a free DVD of it.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Marvel has yet to give me a reason to not go opening weekend for their movies. The only ones I skipped the theater releases were The Incredible Hulk, Thor 2, the first Avengers (deployed like a week before it came out otherwise I would have gone to see it), and both GOTG movies. GOTG1 the only one I voluntarily skipped that I regret, the other 3 were pretty meh compared to the rest of the MCU movies.

• 2Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I watched the trailers and I still have zero interest in seeing this, even if someone showed up at my house right now and gave me a free DVD of it.

What if someone showed up at your house with a signed check from the MInnesota Vikings to pay you to see it?

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Royal

The only difference I see in this one is they aren't playing up any humor in the marketing and what little they've shown has been very subdued. Part of that is probably due to them steering the MCU towards the showdown with Thanos which should be it's darkest chapter yet with Ragnarok serving as the more lighthearted respite before the plunge. Otherwise it looks like a typical, high quality good time at the movies I've come to expect from Marvel.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I am so hopefully disinterested in this.

... as in I am not excited in the least for yet another Marvel Origin Movie where the Hero gets his powers / full powers unlocked, assembles a support team mostly by accident, and fights the evil version of himself, cut with questionable humor.

But I'm still hopeful because we've seen so little of this, the damn thing could go anywhere, and even the worst Marvel movie is worth spending two hours once.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
What if someone showed up at your house with a signed check from the MInnesota Vikings to pay you to see it?

How much we talkin'?

Adrian Peterson salary? Or unsigned player on practice squad salary?