Black Panther (2018)

gauze

Molten Core Raider
... as in I am not excited in the least for yet another Marvel Origin Movie where the Hero gets his powers / full powers unlocked, assembles a support team mostly by accident, and fights the evil version of himself, cut with questionable humor.

I figured from the trailers, we're getting the opposite. Hero has his power, his old rival gets his power to fight the hero through a support team mostly by accident(Klaw), evil fights for throne, cut with questionable humor.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Not a bad looking minor fight scene.

Couldn't help but be reminded of Eddie Murphy talking about his mama's shoe.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Marvel has yet to give me a reason to not go opening weekend for their movies. The only ones I skipped the theater releases were The Incredible Hulk, Thor 2, the first Avengers (deployed like a week before it came out otherwise I would have gone to see it), and both GOTG movies. GOTG1 the only one I voluntarily skipped that I regret, the other 3 were pretty meh compared to the rest of the MCU movies.
Were you in UCF ROTC?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Social media reviews are in and it’s predictably awesome.

They almost all mention how great the women in it are, and how it embraces it's blackness.

The more interesting ones also mention that Killmonger might be Marvel's best villain, not necessary a high bar to reach but still nice to hear.

I’m looking forward to it because I’m looking forward to everything Marvel does, and because I loved Black Panther in Civil War. It was a first weekend viewing even if reviews had said it was th shittiest movie ever...that’s how much goodwill Marvel has from me at this point.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Well here's a knock. The CGI in this fight scene, which should be the main showdown, looks pretty crappy.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah. I've seen a few shots like that. They look a few steps up from pre-vis in some of the full CGI scenes. There are a couple shots of Hela in Thor that look similar IMO.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So they finally showed IMAX times for my local theater. And the IMAX times are all 2D. I'm a 3D person, damnit!

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
The more interesting ones also mention that Killmonger might be Marvel's best villain, not necessary a high bar to reach but still nice to hear.
My my my amazing how little Wallace came up in this world from counting money in the Pit to being a super villain. D'Angelo would be proud of him.

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
My my my amazing how little Wallace came up in this world from counting money in the Pit to being a super villain. D'Angelo would be proud of him.
After seeing Omar's lover all pealed open like that, he knew he had to do something to protect all the other pit kids.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was just about to post this. I can't think of anything more boring for a villain

well, at least in the comics there's somewhat of a reason for this. it's not just a copycat like with ironman and ironmonger. the wakandans are blessed by animal spirits

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let's not forget Snipes refusing to open his eyes in a scene in Blade III and they had to CGI him opening them.