Black Panther (2018)

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
It doesn't matter if the movie is terrible, MSM is going to rave about how it is the best Marvel movie ever, regardless.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't see how they're gonna even remotely do action with so many dindus in screen. Then they also wear black suits.

While fighting in the dark

In a dark movie theatre...

It's gonna be worse than rainy Pacific rim

me-and-the-gals-when-you-see-it-you-ll-shit-brix-4791f1.jpg

Ppl think it'll be good cuz it's a diversity flick like wonder woman... Wonder woman wasn't good cuz it was diversity, it was cuz of fat guys sitting behind a computer and cgi slow Moe all kinds of shit , good looking bitch and Chris Pine to act for two.

There's no Chris Pine in black panther... Fuckin gollum???

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a MCU movie, I'm gonna see it ASAP for sure. Even the worst ones were as entertaining as some of the true train wrecks people pay to see, their biggest flaw was failing to live up to the MCU potential.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Picard
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

Inc typical friend of friend... saw screener... said it was a "dark" feel movie, like gritty dark... I was like "so...it goes the other way in tone from all other mcu movies?"

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Some of you guys are going a bit overboard just because it's a fantasy Africa setting with a predominantly black cast.

Marvel hasn't put out a terrible movie yet. Even the shitty ones (iron man 3, Thor 2 etc) are okay.

Marvel will be a theater-viewing until they put out shit movies.

• 6Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Consistency of MCU movies as quality entertainment. Ryan Coogler directing with Michael B. Jordan in a main role. Those things at a bare minimum give this a more than decent shot at being good.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a feeling this movie is gonna do pretty good financially. Minorities love to spend money watching superhero movies see Suicide Squad and the Fast and Furious series. It's like they have nothing better to spend their money on.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Consistency of MCU movies as quality entertainment. Ryan Coogler directing with Michael B. Jordan in a main role. Those things at a bare minimum give this a more than decent shot at being good.
I think there's a reasonable chance I won't end up liking this movie, but Marvel at this point gets the benefit of the doubt on my part. They've taken some C list shit tier characters and made some entertaining movies out of them, and even the worst MCU movies aren't all that bad.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
It could be a great movie, but the fatigue from political shit means I'm not even going to give it a chance. And yeah, because of obvious reasons. I'm burned out on virtue and recoiling hard in the other direction. Call it spite.

Congrats polarizing sjws.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You know. If you didn't seek that shit out you probably wouldn't even notice it.

The only time I ever hear about any of this nonsense is on these forums. It exists literally nowhere else in my life.

• 6Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 10 users

Seananigans

Potato del Grande
<Screenshotted>
You know. If you didn't seek that shit out you probably wouldn't even notice it.

The only time I ever hear about any of this nonsense is on these forums. It exists literally nowhere else in my life.

iooti

someone's gotta do it, RIP Chaos

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea I dunno. I have almost exclusively progressive friends on Facebook and I almost never see sjw posts. I don't think I've even seen anyone bring up this movie in anything other than the standard MCU / movie conversation.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

I think there will certainly be some political elements to this. From what we can tell from the trailers the movie seems to be centered around T'Challa's ascension to the throne and the predictable airing of long grievances and challenges that often come at those times. It will be literally about Wakanda's internal politics and perhaps re-examining it's political relationship to the rest of the world but those will be the sort of things to which different viewers will be able to draw different parallels to real world politics, with or without any overt signaling that might be present.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

well if you actually have FB friends, ppl you see face to face post this
DTNEmDuVQAAaTDs.jpg

I mean on FB i'm the nerd friend so ppl just think i'll be seeing it and ask my opinions, someone will eventually drag me out to it so whatever, at least it'll be safe. The last time i went to scary ass movie theatre was in the not white part of town in Richmond VA, cuz it was the only place to watch "romeo must die"

yes, every movie stereo type was in the theatre,
yes, i got called jet li waiting on line at least 100x

• 4Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
yes, every movie stereo type was in the theatre,
yes, i got called jet li waiting on line at least 100x
This has absolutely nothing to do with Black Panther, but your post made me think of this clip. I remember hearing it probably a decade ago, and really laughed.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider

Sphere of Influence