Black Panther (2018)

spronk

FPS noob
i could buy advance tickets for this today at my local amc theater at the kiosk, i checked online and its NOT for sale yet. so not sure whats up but the week of release - feb 15th to 22nd - presale tickets were up for dolby digital and IMAX.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm surprised that this is coming out in theaters before Thor: Ragnarok comes out on Blu-Ray. The release for that is Feb 26th. Usually the DVD's for the previous movie come out right before the next film. Oh well.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i could buy advance tickets for this today at my local amc theater at the kiosk, i checked online and its NOT for sale yet. so not sure whats up but the week of release - feb 15th to 22nd - presale tickets were up for dolby digital and IMAX.
You sure it wasn't We Wuz Kangs LayAway?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's not coming out on Imax? Wow.

EDIT: Ok, it is coming to Imax. They just don't yet have any times to report on. I've heard they'll hopefully have them by this weekend, but it could be as late as Feb 1st.

Last edited:

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It's not coming out on Imax? Wow.

EDIT: Ok, it is coming to Imax. They just don't yet have any times to report on. I've heard they'll hopefully have them by this weekend, but it could be as late as Feb 1st.

Maybe that's just a local issue for you. Advanced tickets for IMAX are available at my local theaters.

Last edited:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Based on the trailers and promotion I have almost zero interest in this movie. I don't trust any critics on this shit either after the Last Jedi disaster and how obvious it is critics will be swooning over an all black cast. If it gets fantastic word of mouth maybe I'll check it out but otherwise, eat shit Disney.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Based on the trailers and promotion I have almost zero interest in this movie. I don't trust any critics on this shit either after the Last Jedi disaster and how obvious it is critics will be swooning over an all black cast. If it gets fantastic word of mouth maybe I'll check it out but otherwise, eat shit Disney.
muh diversity!

spronk

FPS noob
The 7pm dolby screening for black panther is 70% sold out already at my local AMC. Interestingly enough Monster Hunt 2 is opening that same day in the same theater (AMC is owned by a chinese company now) and in China as well, AND its the start of Chinese Lunar New Year so everyone in the country will be off a week. Monster Hunt 1 did $360m just in China so I assume its a big deal. There is no release date yet in China for BP but it probably won't release that day now, I assume

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
SO I work with this actual black power / kangz girl. Like a real one. Black power icons all over her desk / etc.

She is going to see this. And was incensed I was not interested in seeing it.

Yeah . . . zero dollars.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
And was incensed I was not interested in seeing it.

87q84.gif

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I just want to see the post credits scene(s). I wonder if I can sneak in after watching something going else first... What else comes out that week?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>

Agree completely!!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user