Black Panther (2018)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Please tell me you're making this up.

Unfortunately no. But they were organizing it through Facebook and they suspended the organizer's account yesterday. The group had about 5000 members when the plug was pulled. They'll probably just take the effort over to another platform. The whole thing just highlights one of the flaws of opt-in audience scores with limited controls.

They could just be down-voting this because it is a big pile of political commentary.

I wonder if they were equally incensed by the various X-Men movies which also had easily politicized themes. Somehow I doubt it. Though when the X-men are back in house at Disney I wouldn't be surprised that they suddenly start noticing it when they're featured in their movies.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Just look at the retards here who have given a low score without seeing it. Eight votes already. As if this movie is actually going to be some BLM screed.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
It may end up being a good movie, but it may not. Not going to see it until it's on Netflix either way. Infinity War will be an in the theater movie, though.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just look at the retards here who have given a low score without seeing it. Eight votes already. As if this movie is actually going to be some BLM screed.

Immigrants everywhere, black superhero movie that might be really good! The horror!

Khane

Got something right about marriage

It's comical when they leave their little FOH hidey hole

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Royal

FYI the review embargo has dropped so if you're wanting to avoid spoilers, be wary.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
FYI the review embargo has dropped so if you're wanting to avoid spoilers, be wary.
whose gonna drop the first rotten review and be forever a racist?
79d96ed91d9b49e9077bb612ea759742.png

so far 51 "critics" said, nope not me.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Lol apparently this movie is about black excellence and is not a super hero movie. I wonder why I am not watching it.

Royal

The MCU is batting an average just below 90% with critics in Phase 3. They tend to like these movies by large majorities. Ryan Coogler's previous movies also rate in the mid 90's so he's a popular director with critics as well. I expect BP will ultimately settle somewhere around a 95% critic rating.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Juvarisx

Florida
I mean this is the dude who did Creed so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

I mean this is the dude who did Creed so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt

Exactly.

It really shouldn't be surprising for Kevin Feige, who has his own impressive record for doing things right with the MCU, to bring in a director capable of making of movie like Creed and /gasp turn out another solid to great Marvel movie.