Black Panther (2018)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I've never had a problem with Luke cage, but he's never really done anything for me.... But I'd watch terry Crewes as Luke cage all day long

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
black panther... blah, it's so old and boring it still hints at how desperate marvel was to create a black superheo (the first? i know he was before nick cage and the falcon?) that they had to remind you that he was the BLACK panther (true some panthers are regular colored, but who thinks of these colors), like saying the yellow lion.
wakanda is one of the most advanced civilizations, yet the citizens still use spears and wear leaves for underwear, was this before or after the discovery of vibranium?
but old spice guy as luke cage? now that's something to watch, he's also an avenger and in an interracial marriage with a kid, with some white super hero (jessica lang?)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jessica Jones(Alias was gnarly).

Only thing I've seen Isaiah Mustafa(Old Spice guy) act in was Three Stooges. He was as bad as everyone else in that movie. And really, any actor not named Michael Jai White in whatever the first real black superhero role is the wrong choice.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Nah, he's too "angry black man" for most to digest imo. Would LOVE to see more Chiwetel Ejiofor though. Plus he's like 10 years younger than MJW, which I'd think would matter for such a physical superhero.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Nah, he's too "angry black man" for most to digest imo. Would LOVE to see more Chiwetel Ejiofor though. Plus he's like 10 years younger than MJW, which I'd think would matter for such a physical superhero.
Luke Cage needs some "angry black man" though.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
lol, at least Batman's preparedness usually has more than "my armbar trumps your cosmic strength" behind it. But I haven't read Batman in a long time, has he also become that stupid?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I thought the Spider-Man poster was just a Sony thing but maybe Marvel has gotten to the point that they can muster only half of a shit about their movie posters. It looks like they handed this thing to an intern with Photoshop and told 'em to make sure they turned it in by the end of the day.

black-panther.jpg

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I thought the Spider-Man poster was just a Sony thing but maybe Marvel has gotten to the point that they can muster only half of a shit about their movie posters. It looks like they handed this thing to an intern with Photoshop and told 'em to make sure they turned it in by the end of the day.

View attachment 145285

Damn you aren't kidding, that shit looks like a fan made it. At least get the actor to sit on a real prop, lol. I mean, I know posters are the absolute dregs of modern marketing because of information saturation and how limited they are in effect...But I think its a market waiting to be revitalized. If they could make really cool movie posters, it could be made akin to the toy market. A lot of Gen X and Millenials who now own their own home grew up with comics, and game stuff being their 'modern art'. Plenty of gaming rooms, and 'man caves' in modern homes that need cool posters--and yet what you see are posters from the 70's, 80's and 90's. Modern posters are just dog shit, but this one really takes the cake. That's laughable.

At least the movie should be good. That dude killed it as BP in CW.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I think the poster is alright. It's not like it's a mix of real actor and fake background, it looks like it's 100% a drawing, which fits with the fact it's a comic book based movie. It tells us what we should know, dude has a badass suit with claws and is a king of a strange land.

Sterling

El Presidente
I think the poster is alright. It's not like it's a mix of real actor and fake background, it looks like it's 100% a drawing, which fits with the fact it's a comic book based movie. It tells us what we should know, dude has a badass suit with claws and is a king of a strange land.
Yeah it kind of just looks like a random comic book cover. Not amazing, but not real bad either.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trailer made this look incredilble, way to go Marvel. Hype intensifies!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm surprised you didn't link the "official marvel" trailer. Even if it is the same thing.

"Come at me, bro!"