Black Panther (2018)

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
El Dorado was in Africa the whole time? A secret mystical technologically advanced African country? We wuz kangs(in the MCU)!

But it looks awesome as hell and I can't wait to see it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
fuck man getting a Luke Cage vibe from that trailer...

Which means It'l start out strong, much hype, and fizzle out in to shit.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
But I think its a market waiting to be revitalized. If they could make really cool movie posters, it could be made akin to the toy market.

Especially when you look at how well artist versions of movie posters from sites like Bottleneck Gallery sell.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm the odd one out I guess. I don't see why you are all hyped up for this, the trailer did nothing for me.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
To be honest, it didn't really do much for me either. However, I do trust Marvel to have their shit together. They haven't been let me down yet, so there's no reason to assume this is going to be a bomb.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
That shit was awesome, poor racists wont be able to enjoy this awesome movie. Trailer was well done and really liked the look of it, a mixture of African Culture with the FUTURE. Good shit, hope it lives up to the trailer.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Did ya'll even care for him in civil war? he was tied with rodey for being the most boring superheroes.

• 1Picard
  • 1Solidarity

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I can't believe i'm about to type this...

Marvel needs to take a page from DC here, specifically Wonder Woman.

I also can't believe i'm about to type this either but...

Black Panther isn't our superhero, he's black kids superhero. They kinda need to give them this one.

Now let me put that in context.

The key to this movies success will be paying tribute to his history without overt racial undertones, black power, black vs white, colonization, whatever bullshit getting mixed in. I don't know if any of you guys ever watched the black Panther cartoon on BET but that is an example of WHAT NOT TO DO.

Much like Wonder Woman. She's little girl's superhero. She was a superhero for women. DC was able to pay tribute to that without any feminist undertones at all in their movie. Hell wonderwoman fucks and falls in love with the first man she ever meets. She doesn't stomp on any men's dicks or balls the entire film. The only people who are hating on wonder woman are the blue haired radfems and despite the internet amplification effect, radfems are such a tiny insignificant minority of the population they are fucking irrelevant to box office success. See the Ghost Busters remake flop for an example of their value to the bottom line.

If Marvel is careful and follows wonder woman's example they'll end up with a movie that pisses off BLM faggots but where normal audiences black and white celebrate and cheer and hi5 one another when coming out of the theater, and the movie will be a success.

But looking at their luke cage treatment, i'm afraid that this isn't the direction they are going to go.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
But looking at their luke cage treatment, i'm afraid that this isn't the direction they are going to go.

Well Luke Cage was something different, that was very clearly a blaxploitation homage - at least, I felt it was - and the chance was taken with it because it was Netflix and not one of the main drivers of their franchise. I really enjoyed it for what it was.

I think this will be more in like with what you are talking about, more an intro to Wakanda/BP origin in line with their other origin movies rather than something loaded with black power political bullshit.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Can't say I am excited to see this since the character had next to no personality in Civil War. Will go see it though cause Marvel and I haven't regreted going to see any of their movies. Does the Black Panther comic book character have more personality or is he a always serious dude?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
In the comics typically everything is beneath him (kind of like in Civil War). He's the leader of a country afterall, has a little bit different perspective on things when you're royalty and talk to the dead.

The movie will have him fighting to keep his country I think and probably humble/humanize him a bit, or at least add more context to the stoic way the character is portrayed.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Why are none of the black panther side characters randomly another race? What's with the 100% black population of Wakanda?

Some serious lack of diversity in there.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

Not saying that they won't knock BP out of the same mold but do remember that the Marvel Netflix series do not fall under Marvel Studios like the movies do. They're the creations of Marvel Entertainment which Kevin Feige has practically nothing to do with these days.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Why are none of the black panther side characters randomly another race? What's with the 100% black population of Wakanda?

Some serious lack of diversity in there.
Lol, like an asian could ever work well with a black??? even Luke cages best friend, Ironfist, is a fake white guy.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Not the most exciting Marvel thing, but the visuals look nice and I'll probably see it for Bilbo interrogating Gollum alone.

• 1Like