Black Panther (2018)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
When I didn't see Dr. Strange in theaters it was because I wasn't really interested enough in the story. When I don't see this in theaters, I'll be called a racist. Thanks social justice!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Not the most exciting Marvel thing, but the visuals look nice and I'll probably see it for Bilbo interrogating Gollum alone.

Holy shit I didn't realize that. That's awesome.

I think this looks beautiful. It is highly visually appealing.

I don't really get any sense of character or story from that. So they better do a better job of letting me know what it's about if they want my money. Kind,ofmlike I had no idea what dr strange was about. Looked pretty but besides "this guy is dr strange" they didn't present any story.

Fedor

<Banned>
nISHi2Z.png

cDPJd6B.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
needs to be a strong dose of Winter Soldier in this to interest me.

• 1Worf

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Opening nights for these kinds of movies are usually bad enough with all the nerds cheering. Imagine what this'll be like with all the added yelling and hollering at the screen throughout the movie. OH NO T'CHALLA DONT GO IN THERE! AH SHEEEEEEIT HE WENT IN THERE!

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Relax it's just a joke. Seriously though, I think this looks decent. I think the visuals look amazing, and I'm really interested to see more of Wakanda and the various people who live there and the technology they have.

I really enjoyed Black Panther's action scenes in Civil War, so a movie that is just more of that would be fine with me. Plus Michael B. Jordan is in this, and he's awesome.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
You mean Bucky himself or the movie needs to be a comic book/political thriller mashup?
Bucky himself. Based on the ending to Civil War I was expecting him to have a significant role in this movie. Not getting that feeling from the trailer though. It will be hard for me to get excited about seeing the most boring party of Civil War trying to carry a movie about African politics by himself.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
a white guy telling other white people not to see this movie opening weekend is kinda funny, and sounds more like a 4chan reverse troll than a concerned SJW.

reason being that a studio makes most of its future decisions based solely on opening domestic weekend, so if the movie does shitty first weekend that is considered worse than a movie that has a huge opening weekend and drops off dramatically afterwards. its kind of a brilliant troll in many ways, i would have expected the more normal "don't go opening weekend, you might get shot"

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Based on the ending to Civil War I was expecting him to have a significant role in this movie.

I got the impression that they were putting him back on ice at the end of CW so I wasn't expecting him to be in this much if at all. Plus he still only had the one arm so he can't even serve a "break glass in case of emergency" kind of role.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Opening nights for these kinds of movies are usually bad enough with all the nerds cheering. Imagine what this'll be like with all the added yelling and hollering at the screen throughout the movie. OH NO T'CHALLA DONT GO IN THERE! AH SHEEEEEEIT HE WENT IN THERE!
That's yet another reason why where I live is paradise. It's less than 1% total black population. So the theater will be pretty clear.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I got the impression that they were putting him back on ice at the end of CW so I wasn't expecting him to be in this much if at all. Plus he still only had the one arm so he can't even serve a "break glass in case of emergency" kind of role.
I was thinking more along the lines of Black Panther hooking up Winter Soldier with a new vibranium arm and them teaming up buddy-cop style.

Oldbased

> Than U
Hmm Forest Whitaker and Michonne from TWD in this too. How is Morgan Freeman not in this, or SLJ for that matter given it is a Marvel movie?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Bucky himself. Based on the ending to Civil War I was expecting him to have a significant role in this movie. Not getting that feeling from the trailer though. It will be hard for me to get excited about seeing the most boring party of Civil War trying to carry a movie about African politics by himself.
lol, then the star of the movie would be

Bucky: The Winter Soldier, feat some black guy that looks like a cat.
I was thinking more along the lines of Black Panther hooking up Winter Soldier with a new vibranium arm and them teaming up buddy-cop style.
The only time Black Panther willingly shared his tech was with Deathlok,

and that's probably b/c Deathlok was a brotha... or at least his brain was.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's yet another reason why where I live is paradise. It's less than 1% total black population. So the theater will be pretty clear.
There's a pretty significant population mix where I am and it's fucking middle-age or older white people that are driving me to skip regular theaters and go to Alamo. So many random "oh I wonder what that is" and "That's not good" every 5 minutes.