Black Panther (2018)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Well, I picked up the steelbook 4k version from Best Buy today. Not because I like the movie. I fucking hated it. But because I have this completionist thing and I *NEED* to get every fucking Marvel movie in the best quality possible.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Well, I picked up the steelbook 4k version from Best Buy today. Not because I like the movie. I fucking hated it. But because I have this completionist thing and I *NEED* to get every fucking Marvel movie in the best quality possible.
Steelbook is just a fancy case of the same plastic case with less shit in it that doesn't fit bluray designed shelving. And costs $2 more. Fuck that stupid bullshit.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I saw Black Panther today.

It was good.

I liked the racism angle, and felt a lot of sympathy for hood Hitler.

He was just trying to do the Reich thing.

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Finally saw it on a flight back from Cancun. +1 for the comment that refugees cause problems. -1 for the Killmonger motive of getting revenge on the "colonizers".

Overall I found it mediocre. The lack of any real superpowered villain, and the one "superpower" fight being a mirror match made it kind of boring. There was nothing particularly great about the movie, but also nothing terribad either.

6.5/10

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Are you worried someone's going to notice your incomplete collection and think you're racist?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Finally saw it on a flight back from Cancun. +1 for the comment that refugees cause problems. -1 for the Killmonger motive of getting revenge on the "colonizers".

Overall I found it mediocre. The lack of any real superpowered villain, and the one "superpower" fight being a mirror match made it kind of boring. There was nothing particularly great about the movie, but also nothing terribad either.

6.5/10

Klaw was the better villain. It would have even fed better into the Blacks hate Whitey vibe they went for with Killmonger.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm wondering how much of the BP merch was bought by white folk, cuz I don't see black kids playing with shit that isn't sticks and stones.

20180515_195916.jpg

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Also, I'm a completionist and I haven't bought Dark World, or the last two Star Wars episodes (I did get Rogue One).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This was not the worst marvel universe movie but it’s near the bottom for me. I expected this to be much better than it was based on the reviews and the records it set. The hamfisted racism crap made it all the more shitty for me, but overall it was just kind of boring. Good effects, as usual. Crap villains. Crap main characters. 6/10 for me.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Who wants to bet some fat white dude is going to get beat up at that con for doing the Wakanda salute? I'm only half joking, sadly.

I'd say a better set of odds would be that some fat white dude is the one going to make all the money off putting the con together.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I expected this to be much better than it was based on the reviews and the records it set. The hamfisted racism crap made it all the more shitty for me, but overall it was just kind of boring.

And this is my favorite part of the movie. 9.5/10

Only way this movie could have been better is if it was about Israel.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh but it was. You're not very good at reading between the lines, are you? Inferring the deeper meaning...

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Overtly about Israel. I'm aware of tikkun olam.

I wanted to sit through two hours of Jews whining about the Holocaust as they genocide muslims.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Da fuq? Black panther car / Voltron style panther? I'm pretty sure I don't remember a robotic cat that becomes a car anywhere in this movie.
Toy makers, man. They gave Superman weapons and a motorcycle, like, wtf...

• 1Like