Black Panther (2018)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this was fucking dogshit. i wish i would have known beforehand this movie had no direct bearing opn the MCU other than the end cred scene and the BP character himself. sat through spear chucking, plate lip yapping, dog barking dindus for 2 hours for what? GTFO with this crap.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
this movie had no direct bearing opn the MCU other than the end cred scene and the BP character himself

This movie was definitely pretty mediocre, but can't that complaint be said about pretty much all of the comic book origin story flicks? They all just introduce a character, their backstory, and maybe a couple side kick types that show up in later flicks.

gak

<Gold Donor>
I expected to fucking hate this, but I actually liked it better than Ultron because it seemed to move along even though what I thought was a sub-plot actually turned out to be the main plot. If I would've paid for it I'd eat a bullet though.

The kangz saying we can't let in nog refugees because they'd rek the place was lol.

I was bored in Ultron and kept wondering why they bothered with quicksilver if they weren't gonna have the American Horror Story guy playing him...

u.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This movie was definitely pretty mediocre, but can't that complaint be said about pretty much all of the comic book origin story flicks? They all just introduce a character, their backstory, and maybe a couple side kick types that show up in later flicks.
thats true, most origins suck, what really chafes my ass though is they ruined a great origin story, Antman by shoehorning in the hawkman fight. Edgar Wright had a viseion and the studio fucked him and any future relationships he might have had with the franchise over that shit, yet Black Dindo gets a clean origin? fuck that and fuck this pile of shit. no black person should hold this movie up as a representation of their race.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
One of the things that really amuses me about MCU Wakanda is the fact that they clearly have cultural influences from all over Africa, the Jabari worship a Hindu god, and that 'misidentified african weapon' wasn't found in Wakanda. So in their past Wakanda likely conquered and enslaved a rather large empire in Africa, but at some point underwent a isolationist reform and now pretend the history that makes them morally no different than the 'Colonizers' never happened.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So Hinduism is African now? That's weird, I always thought it was Indian.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I meant the Wakandan empire was large enough to have made contact with Indian culture, which is how the worship of Hanuman spread to the Jabari tribe.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>

There's a Hindu temple around the corner from my house. Does that make it American?

Of all the dumb shit in this movie, the religious stuff is last on the list.

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Lol
So they are putting together a fan convention in Chicago this summer with a sole focus on Black Panther called WakandaCon.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It is still laughable that a mediocre movie is going from release to Con status in 6 months.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Who wants to bet some fat white dude is going to get beat up at that con for doing the Wakanda salute? I'm only half joking, sadly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Who wants to bet some fat white dude is going to get beat up at that con for doing the Wakanda salute? I'm only half joking, sadly.

Fuck that. Not going into Chicago on a summer weekend to a convention filled with Wakandans. Thats like asking to get shot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users