Black Panther (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Klaw was the better villain. It would have even fed better into the Blacks hate Whitey vibe they went for with Killmonger.

I agree, man. I was really hoping they were building Klaw up to something. Andy Serkis such a great actor, shame that his death was so pointless and sudden. Out of most of the marvel villains without super powers, he was the most 'fun' to me. He just seemed to embody pure chaos

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah, the whole Klaw storyline was lost potential. His handling felt Star Wars-ish to me, meaning stupid and wasted.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Also, I'm a completionist and I haven't bought Dark World, or the last two Star Wars episodes (I did get Rogue One).
Watch Black Panther a few more times and I bet that Dark World disc starts looking more and more like it belongs on your shelf!

• 2Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Klaw was the best character. but they killed him off to focus on this riveting daddy issues plot

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
m'baku was actually fine. that scene was enjoyable to me because a) they are barking like gorillas, not dogs (m'baku is man-ape, fyi) and b) these guys had BARELY any respect for wakanda and even less for outsiders. i took angela basset's look being embarrassed about dr watson, not m'baku. it made sense to me that when some outsider decides to talk to the ruler of the tribe like he's a good buddy, he's going to get shot down real hard. the idea that even though these people are extremely advanced, they hold VERY tight to their tribal laws COULD have been an interesting thing, but they never really explained WHY they do that. there could have been some great dialogue with bilbo trying to come in all CIA smooth and having it completely backfire on him. i mean, they did that but it was more like "silly white boy" instead of "disrespectful american"

i would have been SOOOOO much better with that kind of a story.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rented it over the weekend. Wasn’t bad, wasn’t good. Completely wasted Michael B Jordan. Just glossed over the really interesting conflicts for the Black Panther and killmonger. BP has to deal with a child realizing his father is flawed but he is just upset in one scene, loses a fight, and then is chill with his dad in spirit land. Killmonger’s father was murdered by OG BP but his father was betraying his homeland. Movie doesn’t even address that, it just turns Killmonger into a cartoon villain instead. CGI was bad.

• 1Like

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
The last combat scene CGI is up there with "the scorpion king" movie.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Black Panther director Ryan Coogler ‘bugged’ by one big character death

Says he regrets killing off Klaw. You and me both, fella

I'd be okay if they went with a cheap "but he somehow survived" storyline. They certainly left it open for interpretation

That's easy to fix probably. Depending how they fix things in the next Avengers, you can piggy back all kinds of characters back into the MCU if you want. They can pretty much make up their rules as they go along at this point.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Still haven't seen this movie. This is what I'd be expecting to see? God this is cringe-worthy C material.

Yeah pretty much. I suppose it's worth seeing if only to understand why there's a wave of "black superhero" movies and shows coming up.... a BIG wave.

After this movie made boatloads of cash overseas it was only a matter of time till "world cinema" cucks came out of the woodwork trying to milk the wave. This is one of the better ones, it's a show that was shopped at SXSW and is prolly gonna end up on netflix:

Last edited:

kudos

<Banned>
My issue with this movie was that it played too much into the African-American "WE WUZ KANGZ" stereotype and people were too stupid to see it. They just shook their heads in amazement.

Secondly, I had a hard time believing this had anything to do with the Marvel universe and it could have just been it's own superhero movie. I wouldn't have known the difference.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
That's easy to fix probably. Depending how they fix things in the next Avengers, you can piggy back all kinds of characters back into the MCU if you want. They can pretty much make up their rules as they go along at this point.

If they pull the "someone else gets the gauntlet and wants to undo the destruction" they could get a little "distracted" and end up rezzing tons of characters. If they go wide enough and the Fox/Disney thing is REALLY finalized by then they could use it as the excuse to merge various universes.

Jait

Molten Core Raider

spronk

FPS noob
weird, disney put out a lego black panther movie today on the disney channel where thanos teams up with killmonger and klaus to invade wakanda

you can ask your progressive friends if they have seen it and when they say no shrug your head disappointingly and tell them they aren't woke enough

• 1Picard

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Why the hell would Thanos need to "team up" with tier C villains to invade Wakanda? The only reason that he was stopped in IW was because he got the stone and left on his own.