Black Panther (2018)

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's weird cause that RT link does the same thing for me, and I'm in the US, East Coast.

I see Black Panther as #1 for all of a few seconds then it switches to Wizard of Oz as #1.

How the fuck can it be different based on where in the US you are? That sounds awfully fishy, RT.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's weird cause that RT link does the same thing for me, and I'm in the US, East Coast.

I see Black Panther as #1 for all of a few seconds then it switches to Wizard of Oz as #1.

How the fuck can it be different based on where in the US you are? That sounds awfully fishy, RT.
Russians.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm in Texas, this is what I see. I have tracking turned off in Chrome.

RT.png

RT2.png

Sterling

El Presidente
How the shit is Dunkirk on any all time lists? The movie is pretty good but I don't think anyone would call it a classic.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

khorum

Murder Apologist
I wonder if it was an oversight to dodge the gay quota or if someone actually made a choice. Either way it's funny.
Absolutely NOT an oversight. Intersectionality only flows downstream. Just as gays would sneer at trannies and Muslims rape the shit out of their feminist allies, Black Audiences throw dey popcorn and grapedrank at the screen at the mere HINT of gay romance.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
BP isn't showing anywhere on the top 100 list for me either.

Saw it, liked it. Solidly middle of the pack Marvel movie. The criticisms are exaggerated here, imo.

The mid-credit scene seemed like the Infinity War tie in. Wakanda will share its knowledge with the world, which will make use of that new, basically alien tech to help defend the Earth from Thanos in some way.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the entire Marvel Universe story is basically going to boil down to Kangz sharing their secret spacerock tech in order to defeat a dude with a bedazzled gauntlet?

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
So the entire Marvel Universe story is basically going to boil down to Kangz sharing their secret spacerock tech in order to defeat a dude with a bedazzled gauntlet?

Ya, the magical rock represents reparations/wealth redistribution, and with unlimited gibsmedats kangz save the world because it will take them at least a week to blow a billion dollars on crack and lotto tickets.

j.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
i thought it would make more sense for thanos to somehow control/disable vibranium (its from space after all) but probably not enough time between BP and Avengers for that to make much sense

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Movie is tracking for 100M+ second weekend, Box Office Mojo is thinking around 120M. It would only be the 4th movie to do 100M+ on second weekend, and if it reaches 120M as they predict, it will be the second highest second weekend.

Pretty amazing all things considered.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Movie is tracking for 100M+ second weekend, Box Office Mojo is thinking around 120M. It would only be the 4th movie to do 100M+ on second weekend, and if it reaches 120M as they predict, it will be the second highest second weekend.

Pretty amazing all things considered.

There's an extremely good chance it will be the highest grossing comic book film ever, beating The Avengers (not adjusted for inflation).

Edit: More recent sources (Box office guru) is saying closer to 85M this weekend. Hell of a variance.

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Just saw this. It was pretty good. But seriously, you couldn't have made a more right wing nationalist movie if they fucking tried! I can only imagine the REEE if it was some white people country. What was the purpose of the Wardogs abroad though? Because seriously it paints the picture that the Prince to a literal heaven on earth became a gangsta thug robbing convenience stores the second he stepped foot in Oakland. lol.

But really. An ultra high tech paradise isolationist ethnostate... Glorious. If it was real those Wakandans would be the most xenophobic racists of all time though. Killmonger's plan to cull the untermensch too. Amazing!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like