Black Panther (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, it's actually a pretty big plothole. T'challa should not have had the powers of Black Panther in Civil War. He shouldn't have even had them at the beginning of Black Panther since he hadn't been accepted as king yet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
No, it's actually a pretty big plothole. T'challa should not have had the powers of Black Panther in Civil War. He shouldn't have even had them at the beginning of Black Panther since he hadn't been accepted as king yet.

You don't have to be King to be the Black Panther or vice versa. They are 2 different mantles.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just watched this on Netflix. Much better movie than I was expecting. Some bullshit SJW shit, but otherwise solid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
King of Wakanda and the Black Panther are 2 different mantles. We are just to assume that he has been the Black Panther for awhile, as he has his powers in Captain America: Civil War.
There's no scene to remove his powers prior to the first challenge fight like there is to the second. And that dream sequence seemed like a new thing to him.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i think a true SJW wouldnt want black people to be known as a bunch of barking spear throwing boobooheads, but thats me.
Actually, that's exactly what SJWs think they are. Just ask them why blacks are downtrodden, and you'll be amazed that blacks can even exist.

The only good parts of this movie, in my opinion, were the casting of T'Challa and the main spear chick. Well, Andy Serkis was great if you don't pay attention to the horrible script they handed him. I think Chadwick Boseman is a perfect fucking Black Panther, so I'm cool with that. Again, it is just the horrible script that keeps him from being amazing.

And while I liked the chick who plays Shuri in Black Mirror, the fanboy-ism over her character makes me hate her. So many reviewers, online and off, instantly spring erect at the mere mention of how she is smarter than Stark and Banner, might become Iron Man some day, etc. It pisses me off. At least when Scotty or Spock made something impossible happen on Star Trek, you sort of felt like it was a special event (even if it happened every episode). With Shuri, not only is vibranium literally a magical macguffin that can do anything it needs to do, but so is she. But Void, how is that different than Tony Stark? Well, maybe it is my inner colonizer showing through, but it always seems to me like Stark sees the potential of something and eventually figures out how to get there, whereas Shuri instantly knows how to get there too, and is shocked that no one else sees it. Sure, sure, there are probably people really like that in the world, but they are annoying to watch. She's like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory without the annoying personality quirks. And since I know it is probably being done purposely to her character to promote the diversity superiority angle, it rustles me even more.

Totally random aside, putting it in spoilers because it has to do with Infinity War and on the off-chance someone hasn't seen it I don't want to even come close to spoiling another movie in this thread:

How is Black Panther ever in danger in Infinity War during that big battle? With the upgrade to his suit to absorb kinetic energy, and vibranium being literally unbreakable, even if every genestealer in that army tried biting and clawing him to death in a giant dogpile, they can't hurt him. And eventually he'd be able to blast them off with the absorbed energy. I guess there is the spear that pierced Vision that can penetrate vibranium, so that's a danger, the telekinetic/magician maybe if he wasn't already dead, and of course Thanos himself could wreck him, but aside from that, the two Dark Order in the main army can't hurt him physically, and the genestealers can't, so eventually (given about a year), he could kill them all himself. They didn't even have energy weapons if I remember correctly. Not that energy weapons seem to penetrate vibranium either, but in theory maybe? But in theory even the Hulk can't harm him, because the suit would just absorb everything and keep his squishy organs all nice and safe.

In summary, an entire suit of vibranium is obviously super useful, and since they have a literal mountain of it, why don't they have more suits sitting around for their soldiers? Would it clash with their fucking kilts and rhinos? Or maybe the plates in their lips? Fuck, I did it, I did what Gavinmad said not to do, I thought about the movie too much.

Ok, one last thing. If Stark doesn't have a fully vibranium nano-suit for the (presumably several years in the future) next film, I'm gonna be annoyed. Thanos just came and literally killed half of everyone, and I think they said that Shuri survived the snap (of course, she can't die, no one else is smart enough to fix things!), so if that isn't good enough reason to share some fucking vibranium, I don't know what is. For that matter, all those brand new fucking outfits in the concept art better be made out of vibranium too. If all the Avengers know about vibranium now, and this horrible thing just happened, what the fuck would you keep hoarding it for? There better be fucking vibranium pocket protectors (at least for anyone related to the Avengers) by that point in time.

God dammit. I told myself I wouldn't think about this movie and its characters too much anymore. Fucking gavin!

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
God dammit. I told myself I wouldn't think about this movie and its characters too much anymore. Fucking gavin!

rekt. But if wakandans were smart enough to share vibranium in such a dire situation, they'd probably also be smart enough to use it for more than fucking spears and shield projecting cloaks.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lol, did they really name that character The Great Gorilla, then have him an his cohorts shouting at white Bilbo like a group of monkeys? I lost my shit hahahahaha.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lol, did they really name that character The Great Gorilla, then have him an his cohorts shouting at white Bilbo like a group of monkeys? I lost my shit hahahahaha.
the topper is that after seeing that, some dindu in London chased a white woman down in an alley and started barking in her face as a goof, recorded it. then i think he got arrested and said he was discriminated because of his color.

• 2Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
rekt. But if wakandans were smart enough to share vibranium in such a dire situation, they'd probably also be smart enough to use it for more than fucking spears and shield projecting cloaks.
Like Frisbees?

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's no scene to remove his powers prior to the first challenge fight like there is to the second. And that dream sequence seemed like a new thing to him.

Yes there was. As for the dream part, his dad was alive the last time he ate the magic fruit, so seeing his dead dad there would be new to him.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
the topper is that after seeing that, some dindu in London chased a white woman down in an alley and started barking in her face as a goof, recorded it. then i think he got arrested and said he was discriminated because of his color.

lol, way to convince her she's wrong dude!

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
How did T'Challa have Black Panther powers in Captain America: Civil War?

I Googled it. From a comment on Stack Exchange:

Marvel published a prequel comic book to Black Panther, called Black Panther Prelude, that details the story of T'Challa becoming the Black Panther. This actually occurred very early in the MCU timeline, roughly at the same time that Tony Stark was outing himself as Iron Man. His father chose to step down and pass on the mantle of Black Panther when it became clear he was too old to continue and his son was ready and able.

So, by the time of Captain America: Civil War, T'Challa had already taken the heart-shaped herb and been the Black Panther for 7-8 years.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

I am pretty sure in the background of that scene, you actually see that exact situation play out, where it gets piled on, then kinetic explodes.

However, even if they can't kill him, its not like they couldn't over run the city and kill everyone else (plus their goal was just to breach the citadel anyway, killing everyone didnt matter)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Here's another good one. Why the fuck did Shuri leave the second Black Panther suit behind? The necklace fits in your fucking pocket, you're standing right there taking one for your brother, why the fuck wouldn't you take both of these ABSURDLY powerful suits instead of leaving one behind for Killmonger?

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Finally saw this on netflix. Wasn't impressed but I'm a sucker for marvel movies so it was at least watchable.