Black Widow (2020)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll watch this. Not "Oh my god, I can't wait!" but I'll still see it opening night. It hasn't hooked me yet, but Marvel gets the benefit of the doubt for all the good they've done.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's sort of interesting... Brie Larson made a lot of enemies out of a huge amount of the population when captain marvel was coming out... While scarjo has been making enemies with the exact opposite crowd (for different reasons). It'll be interesting to see how differently that impacts the income if at all

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's sort of interesting... Brie Larson made a lot of enemies out of a huge amount of the population when captain marvel was coming out... While scarjo has been making enemies with the exact opposite crowd (for different reasons). It'll be interesting to see how differently that impacts the income if at all
why? because of that tranny role she wanted to do? thats stupid, she isnt a russian killing machine, she's a soft woman who drinks lattes from starbucks before her morning peloton. what does it matter if she is actually a tranny or not?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
why? because of that tranny role she wanted to do? thats stupid, she isnt a russian killing machine, she's a soft woman who drinks lattes from starbucks before her morning peloton. what does it matter if she is actually a tranny or not?

i mean, i think it's stupid that the super left are mad that she wanted to play a tranny. and her response to it all that she's an actor and it's her job to portray people that she isn't just made them more mad. those are the same people who hate white males just for being alive.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Its going to be interesting to see how they make this a viable, living property with BW dead.

Inque

FunEmployed
Spoke with a self-proclaimed woman who said Black Widow was past her prime and wasted by Marvel, so nobody should care about her and it's all about Captain Marvel.

I proceeded to call Captain Marvel a cunt towards all men in the movie and suddenly this woman breaks down into hysterics, LOL. Considering her prior statement to that was: "Yea, the scene with her breaking the guys hand? I've wanted to do that so much," after which I described about 5+ scenes of toxicity to males and suddenly she takes it all personal and rages.

Then again, this is the same woman who says Captain Marvel wasn't made for us - to which I replied "good thing Scarlett exists then, because she was definitely made for US," and I suppose that didn't help the situation any 😂

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
BW up until her death was all about helping out her boys, she even died for them. she wasnt subserviant, but being the only female Avenger for most of the series, she was so loyal because everyone treated her as a peer. There was mutual respect. respect she EARNED many times.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users
BW up until her death was all about helping out her boys, she even died for them. she wasnt subserviant, but being the only female Avenger for most of the series, she was so loyal because everyone treated her as a peer. There was mutual respect. respect she EARNED many times.
Then we have Captain Marvel who disappears from her responsibilities and has the work ethic of an Obama son. Obviously has some form of attention whore issue too as she shows up at the end to make an entrance.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else having issues with the forums? I can only get into select sub categories otherwise I get redirected to some place called 8kun.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else having issues with the forums? I can only get into select sub categories otherwise I get redirected to some place called 8kun.
Clear the cache and browsing history. Some bullshit went on yesterday

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Spoke with a self-proclaimed woman who said Black Widow was past her prime and wasted by Marvel, so nobody should care about her and it's all about Captain Marvel.

I proceeded to call Captain Marvel a cunt towards all men in the movie and suddenly this woman breaks down into hysterics, LOL. Considering her prior statement to that was: "Yea, the scene with her breaking the guys hand? I've wanted to do that so much," after which I described about 5+ scenes of toxicity to males and suddenly she takes it all personal and rages.

Then again, this is the same woman who says Captain Marvel wasn't made for us - to which I replied "good thing Scarlett exists then, because she was definitely made for US," and I suppose that didn't help the situation any 😂
The Captain Marvel hate thread is that way. ----->

• 4Garbage
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The Captain Marvel hate thread is that way. ----->
Woah now! Did I miss the amod elections already and somehow you won? Otherwise, I don't see what business it is of yours what people post or where. Not to mention, sort of like how people can talk about Episode 1 in the Return of Skywalker thread, this is basically MCU Episode 25 or whatever number they are on, so any of them are relevant. And we only have a fucking trailer to talk about right now.

You might want to pace yourself too. While it is good to keep your name out there so that people can think back and realize you've been an annoying cunt for the entire year, you really want to ramp up your campaign around September or so if you intend to make another run for Asshat of the Year in 2020.

However, you probably shouldn't take your recent brush with notoriety as an indication that you should post more; you've only just graduated from garbage reactions to posting pics, so ease up there buddy!

Also, trolls always have been, and always will be, greater than ogres.

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Woah now! Did I miss the amod elections already and somehow you won? Otherwise, I don't see what business it is of yours what people post or where. Not to mention, sort of like how people can talk about Episode 1 in the Return of Skywalker thread, this is basically MCU Episode 25 or whatever number they are on, so any of them are relevant. And we only have a fucking trailer to talk about right now.

You might want to pace yourself too. While it is good to keep your name out there so that people can think back and realize you've been an annoying cunt for the entire year, you really want to ramp up your campaign around September or so if you intend to make another run for Asshat of the Year in 2020.

However, you probably shouldn't take your recent brush with notoriety as an indication that you should post more; you've only just graduated from garbage reactions to posting pics, so ease up there buddy!

Also, trolls always have been, and always will be, greater than ogres.
Amusingly, the picture in my thread elsewhere is a troll.

Also, you smell. Your reek is so bad that merely reading your text makes eyes water. Time to get out of the basement and shower!

• 1Salty

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Black Widow is a movie that should have been made 10 years ago prior to the whole Avengers franchise, when showing superhero origins was still a thing. The 2020 project is obviously directed by a woman, written by a bunch of drones a heavily produced by Marvel. If ScarJo wasn't ScarJo this would have probably been a nofuture Netflix TV show from the start, along with stuff like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. I'm all about ScarJo in tight pants and action scenes, but seeing how Marvel is trying to sell the film as a "empowered woman in charge of dealing with world threatening villains", I wouldn't wait for anything else.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users