Blackface

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Brock University students in blackface win Halloween contest - Latest Hamilton news - CBC Hamilton

Local university is in an uproar over these kids winning a school sanctioned Halloween costume contest as a Jamaican Bobsled Team. The Labour Studies dept has issued a statement condemning the costume as 'inherently racist' on the faculty Facebook page. The 'open letter' was issued by 4 white professors.

rrr_img_81116.jpg

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I never understood why blackface is considered racist or offensive. Was it racist or offensive for black guys to don "whiteface" to make White Chicks? It does seem any different to me than Robin Williams putting on makeup to look like an old lady for Mrs. Doubtfire.

I am genuinely asking why this is offensive.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think it stems from the fact that at some point in the past, they would have white actors put on blackface to play black roles so that they didn't have to hire black actors.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I think it stems from the fact that at some point in the past, they would have white actors put on blackface to play black roles so that they didn't have to hire black actors.
Ok but thats clearly not the case anymore.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I think you could argue it was racist back then. Saying its racist now adays is kinda stretching for something. I'd only really support that claim if they went for the true 'blackface' with the makeup applied in the same way that they did historically. Simply making your face dark is NOT blackface.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
We don't have slaves anymore, but it is still a touchy subject.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
You're also a horrible person if you dress up as a Native American, a Mexican or any other culture really.

It's just people looking for something to be angry about.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
You're also a horrible person if you dress up as a Native American, a Mexican or any other culture really.

It's just people looking for something to be angry about.
But if you dress up like a woman and chop your cock, INSTANT RESPECT FOR YOUR COURAGE!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Could we at least let black people get upset about shit instead of white people diving on fucking grenades for them? The 4 white professors should stfu and at least let the black professors bitch about it. Oh wait, it's in Canada, do they even have black people to get upset about it?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Really I'd imagine it's butthurt victims whining about being "reduced to a costume" as if that's a real reason to get offended. Anything visually unique can be a costume. So the fuck what? You don't see nurses complaining about their prestigious position in society being degraded by a bunch of sluts one day a year. I don't know, maybe they do, but I don't care in that case either.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
what we call black-face isn't even black face, the cartoonist representation of blacks is punctuated by heavy white paint on the lips. practically none of what we call black face has that.

iannis

Musty Nester
THAS WAISIS

Going to Halloween as the cast from Cool Runnings might be inherently racist. That might be true. But if it is true it is no more inherently racist than going out on Halloween as Mario and Luigi.

Some people need to seriously wash their vaginas. And it would seem that 4 of them have Ph.D.'s.

iannis

Musty Nester
If this was the worst thing that happened in that town on Halloween then it was a very good day. A very good day.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
when al jolsen did his "mammy" song or whatever, he wasnt trying to put down black people, he was in the character of a black person singing to his mother and the guy sang the fuck out of that song. and no kids today even know who the fuck al jolsen was, shit i only know who al jolsen was because my dad and grandparents loved his music and they would play his records a lot. black people only get offended because i think they are expected to. its like washington redskins. nobody gave a fuck until harry reid got a bee in his pussy and then a bunch of indians started saying. uh yeah thats offensive to us! still not sure how the term redskin is anymore offensive than calling somebody black. never even heard an indian called a redskin in tv or movies.