Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
lowest I could find was the one listed above at 236, even at that high ping the summoner combat feels "manageable" mostly because of the pet and being a spell caster this game would kick some ass on a low ping Id love to try the assassin or kungfu master.

anyone have any luck with those vpn boosters?

Ira_sl

shitlord
I an't get this to work on Windows 8.
Make sure your client is patched to the correct version. After that just search "windows 8.1 patch blade and soul". It will give you a link to the dojo site. Make sure you get the right one to match your version. The op wasn't updated and I had to find it in the thread itself. That should work. Don't launch the game with the B&S icon, use the other launcher one.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
can anyone explain vigor? someone told me to turn it off before I log off, then someone else told me to turn it off just before 5pm EST to get a bonus? or double? it was a bug he said.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would playing from the North East US be noticeably worse ping wise then say the west coast? I played SWTOR on a euro server with friends. Even in a non-action mmo my ping would sometimes cause me to take unnecessary hits from raid boss "move out of red area" stuff. Although I do have a desire to try a more "action combat" mmo atm.

May try this depending on how big the language issue is. Is it basically everything in game is all chinese? Never played a non-english game before. If so given that and the ping issues I think I'll wait for the NA release.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Would playing from the North East US be noticeably worse ping wise then say the west coast? I played SWTOR on a euro server with friends. Even in a non-action mmo my ping would sometimes cause me to take unnecessary hits from raid boss "move out of red area" stuff. Although I do have a desire to try a more "action combat" mmo atm.

May try this depending on how big the language issue is. Is it basically everything in game is all chinese? Never played a non-english game before. If so given that and the ping issues I think I'll wait for the NA release.
theres an English translation patch someone put out that helps navigate the ui and such, but yes its basically all Chinese I don't know how the game plays out with a more action oriented class wich is basically everything but summoner and force master with high ping, but the summoners game play feels "ok" at 230 or so ping but the pet helps and being a caster helps as well..

I don't find the questing to be a problem even in Chinese or w/e its pretty much on rails collect or kill quests, the combat is more than enough for me to want to play this game regardless of not knowing the story ping issues and such, to me the combat is a breath of fresh air that's why I cant put it down, I never did try tera.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
TERA's combat was pretty solid. Kept me going for 4 month. Endgame grind was, however, unforgiving and brutal....

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's still very playable with an action oriented class, but some things are hard to do...but you still can if unreliable, there is enough options to the combat system that you can do other things.

My blademaster has a block ability, it makes a follow up action instant, but if I hit block 0.5 seconds before being hit...I stun the mob which opens up a pretty devastating combo. Well I can put it off fairly often, but not exactly on demand either...I am certain I could do it a lot better with better ping.

The issue, and it starts somewhere in the mid 25+ is that some content gets a bit harder than it should be because I cannot pull this combo! and others with the reliability that I would otherwise. There are some boss fights that I found I can't solo anymore becuase of latency, but I am not entirely sure they were meant to be soloed anyways although it was possible...some took more than 10-15 minutes solo.
wink.png

It's still very enjoyable, I truly hope it gets here because it's gorgeous and a lot of fun...the movement is simply awesome when you get some of the higher level movement skills.

It's very traditional questing hub though, and extremely linear...the story from what I can gather from the cutscenes seems pretty cool.

If you're bored, and want to go through the trouble of setting it, I definitely think it's worth a try even in Chinese.

The English patch helps a lot, I never got the other one to work, game is still sexy without it.
smile.png

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I've heard nothing but positive things about this from anyone who has played it I've talked with on a couple forums. It figures this is getting bumped to the back of the line for an NA release.

Sigh.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I've heard nothing but positive things about this from anyone who has played it I've talked with on a couple forums. It figures this is getting bumped to the back of the line for an NA release.

Sigh.
honestly if you don't mind the whole Chinese thing Id give it a shot, it is definitely playable I don't see myself playing it for a long ass time because eventually the whole Chinese thing will get in the way and possibly the fact that I cant combo how I should may make progression rough but, theres a lot of English speaking players I found a random group of 10 the first night I hopped on and have been on mumble with them since, im taking this time to get familiar with the game and combat so that when it is released in NA ill be ready to go, mostly to get a feel for what class I will roll.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The English patch helps but there is still so much still in Chinese, ability descriptions, the talent tree thing, a lot of the quest etc. It's definitely off putting, I will probably just get up to 15-20 in each class to test them out before I just stop playing and wait for a NA release.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
The English patch helps but there is still so much still in cheese, ability descriptions, the talent tree thing, a lot of the quest etc. It's definitely off putting, I will probably just get up to 15-20 in each class to test them out before I just stop playing and wait for a NA release.
you can get skill calculators on the BnS dojo forums.

Summoner Skill Tree Simulator

that's for the summoner, not perfect but helps to understand them, if you just do a bit of reading and digging and just posting on the forums over there you can do just fine, there are tons of guides in English ppl have out there on how to use the weapon upgrading system and such.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know, but I can't describe it, it still puts me off though, maybe its just me but not being able to read or understand a lot of the stuff I see just frustrates me.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I know, but I can't describe it, it still puts me off though, maybe its just me but not being able to read or understand a lot of the stuff I see just frustrates me.
yeah I can understand that, maybe since I never played an action combat mmo like tera the combat is just such a breath of fresh air to me I kind of ignore all the Chinese and truck through, it will get tough later when I don't know how to gear or skill or even be able to combo because of the lag but I think the summoner is a good choice to combat the lag and still be able to play the class decently. im not looking to get invested unfortunately I wish I could but its a good time burner I think at least for me just for the combat, and I like testing the waters and playing betas so I know what class I will play at launch even if its... like a year or more away sadly. the world is really nice as well if you don't mind all the Chinese lore and shit I personally am a martial arts movie junkie so it fits, fucking love me some shaw brothers.

If somehow they made a legit English translation and this wasn't coming to NA for like.. 2 years.. even a year and a half I could see myself dealing with a 200+ping or even buying a vpn booster and going through the hoops of all the retarded Chinese shit to make an account.

I wonder if the KR version has a legit translation id play that too fuck im hooked.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
KR version has more hoops to jump through I think. You have to have a korean social security number to even play their MMOs.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
KR version has more hoops to jump through I think. You have to have a korean social security number to even play their MMOs.
That's not the actual barrier in playing KR MMOs now. People got around that for years using dubious methods like KSSN generators. The real problem now is that it requires the combination of a KSSNandKR cell phone identification. It's one thing for someone in the US to falsify that sort of info from abroad, but it's something else entirely for someone who's in Seoul to do the same thing with an easily traceable source.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah, its crazy how much protection they put in their games, could you imagine if western developers started requiring you to put in your SSN and cell phone identification.