Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I think I missed it but at what point during Chapter 3 are you no longer just in the 'vision of the past'?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Iirc they removed all the "time traveling" aspects of the story for NA/EU. I think they even said they felt it was too complex for NA/EU, which sadly might be true.

Caliane

its a localization derp. lots of post on reddit about it. the localization team should be fired, and never work again.
and I mean really.
4YJj5bl.png

you time travel. period. you get sent to brightstone by dragongate. and, some force intervenes sending you back in time accidentally. then use the gate to travel back to the future.
the, NA version, you take a visionquest, and somehow this meditating teleports you to brightstone in the present after..
you are back in the present when you land on Ipsam and save him

Then later, same deal. you go back and participate in the highland city divine ritual.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Blue one is good for the daillies with these fucks with shields. You basically mow them down while they're blocking. I use one(well not a purple) on my KFM cause I'd rather do daillies faster than do a bit more damage on crits.

Also on BM, the big skill that's missing from our version and will keep missing is Winged Protector. It's a 50 hongmoon skill that is basically a better ice block from FMs. It blocks pretty much anything, but doesn't prevent you from moving unlike Ice block. Also lets you build a group without a FM, or the FM not specing into iceblock. That seems to be the big thing about BM that makes them desirable, that and the fact the class plays a lot better when you're at 70%+ crit than 40% like we are currently. The class scales extremely well with crit because basically literally everything they do gets way better when it crits. There's also gear with specific skill stuff that makes them better, like there's a 50 soul shields that reduces the cooldown of 5point strikes to 7seconds, and that shit does stupid damage and has 300%increased threat built in, so holding aggro is easy as shit with it for example.

Feels like I'm ready for the patch now. Hit Plat in arena, maxxed out all my weapons & accessories, all the gems in my weapon are pretty close to BIS, my soulshield set has 'acceptable' rolls with +crit on each of them, and I have a fair amount of cash saved up. Sitting at over
400 AP & 2400ish crit.

For those who played a previous version of BNS, I do have some questions about this patch:

1- Hongmoon levels: I understand that they're hard to get and require a lot of grinding. Are these like traditional AAs in the sense that there's no questing to get them and you receive an xp bar that fills up slowly?
2- Mushin tower: Will this be a new solo daily? How difficult is it? What type of rewards will be available?
3- Bloodshade Harbor: Is there any actual upgrades for doing the 4 man as opposed to the 6 man? The webpage update indicates that the 4 man version will have, "the boss' own weapon as a drop' --) is this just purely cosmetic or is there a possibility of it being better than a max upgraded Hongmoon weapon?
4- Zen Beans: Can someone explain what can be bought with them and if there's any type of cap?
1- Yes they behave like AA, you keep gaining xp from daillies and shit, no special activity required. There used to be a quest to unlock Hongmoon levels, but it seems apparently on our version we're getting them unlocked straight away without a quest so everyone gets 5free skill points as it starts. Then we get 1 or 2 skill points(alternate every level) per level, xp is 750k for lvl 2, 900k for lvl 3 etc. Also get a few basic stats, it seems attack power, attack damage, hp, this kind of thing. See?T??'??"^????z?.???<??o?S??^ Blade Soul-???~?-???TPretty sure we only get 5 levels in our current state, but that's a potential of 11skill points. A lot of classes can't really make use of that many points though, other than BM(for whom it's actually not enough lel).

2- Was already answered, but yeah there's a daily, there's costumes(white jiangshi and the swordman from the story I forgot the name of, the one that looks bad ass), 2 soul shields apparently(one from random floors and one from only the last boss) which gives way more defenses than the pvp arena soul shield which you combine with BSH for BiS. Difficulty is probably going to be easy due to weird balance atm.

3- Not sure, I would assume it's just cosmetics like Poh. I don't think we're getting legendary weapons just yet, and pretty sure BSH didn't have one. Apparently though the skillbook for your hongmoon skill only drops in 4man, so that's something.

4- No cap to Zen Beans afaik. You can buy a variety of stuff, including Soulstones(yay), costumes, gem bags, a hongmoon skill item(which I'm not sure we're getting), naryu coins and other random shit. The vendor seems to be version specific though, so ours might have different stuff. Like they could put moonwater stones on them if they feel they need to tank the prices of these further to make them available to everyone, or whatever else they feel like.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The blue one is my least favorite, but that "1 Critical Hit" means a guaranteed critical, not an increase of stats. The purple one is by far the best.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is there any way to get a Moonwater Transformation Stone besides buying it off AH? 40.5 right now haven't seen any questing yet but got the weapon for the breakthrough.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea no idea on crafting thus far so guess I'm saving pennies and using the suck-stick as a weapon for a while.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The blue one is my least favorite, but that "1 Critical Hit" means a guaranteed critical, not an increase of stats. The purple one is by far the best.
One guaranteed crit seems trivial considering by the time you get that you're pushing 50%+ critical chance.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
9 Brilliant Blackwyrm Treasure, 5 Brialliant Blackwyrm Weekend Treasure and no ring or gems
frown.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
True story, I didn't realize sacrificing items into your hongmoon stuff cost money. I think I'd be a billionaire if I'd realized that before.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
9 Brilliant Blackwyrm Treasure, 5 Brialliant Blackwyrm Weekend Treasure and no ring or gems
frown.png
yeah, I just want the purple gem. Screw the rest. The costume is quite the let down, like some crap that should come from some bird boss, not a dragon.

True story, I didn't realize sacrificing items into your hongmoon stuff cost money. I think I'd be a billionaire if I'd realized that before.
Yep, why I tried to save my little gemstone things for as late as I could, since they are insanely cheap to use instead of actual items.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yep, why I tried to save my little gemstone things for as late as I could, since they are insanely cheap to use instead of actual items.
Yup. It's also fucking useless to sacrifice greens and you shouldn't sac items that are a "tier" behind whatever tier you're at on your items. So, if you have upgraded your weapon to "blight", for instance, you shouldn't still be saccing stuff that isn't from Cinderlands+.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
One guaranteed crit seems trivial considering by the time you get that you're pushing 50%+ critical chance.
Blocks can't crit though, while when this proc, the next hit will be a crit, meaning it won't be blocked. It melts blocking mobs, but does jackshit against everything else, so it's super specific. As I said I find it nice for the misty woods pvp daillies with all the Talus fucks and their shields, but realistically it's not a very good gem, it just was cheap so I grabbed one.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I played this game through the tutorial levels and just didn't like it. You guys seem pretty attached, should I give it another shot?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well depends on what you're looking for in a game. Combat in this is great, but a lot of the mmo features otherwise are meh or inexistant. It just feels good to play it. Kinda like TERA really, although combat is different than TERA, TERA was all about positionning and skill animations movement and stuff while this is more about twitchy mashy fighting game-like combat.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
it's standard asian freemium lockbox RNG MMO-Lite, but it's got amazing (for mmo) combat. If you don't like the combat then don't bother. I would suggest to try a few classes though cus not all of them are really complex and give you the complete picture of how combat will work, especially not at tutorial levels before you start to even get combos. Spend a few hours, by like level 15 you'll know if you like it or not.

edit: and that's my 1,000 post.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Forcemaster and Destroyer were the two classes I would consider. Are either overplayed? Which do you guys find more enjoyable.

...and if I play an FM do I have to choose the Keebler Elf race????

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hmm id say prolly there are more destroyer around than fm, considering the class is very powerful right now, good for solo, pve/pvp and grouping. By no mean fm is weak, on the contrary, it just bit more complex imho than destroyer. Race for fm are gon, lyn yun (not sure bout jin). Destroyer can only be gon/yun?

Playstyle between the 2 varies alot, so to everyone will have a different opinion to what you find most enjoable. Try em both and then decide ).