Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah you can crit crafting results. I often get more than I make. Like for example get 6polished granites instead of 5 or get 9 food instead of 5. It's not like super common but can happen and if you make moonwater stones everyday eventually you'll get 11.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cool, good to know. It would be awesome if premium refiner crits to 9 from 5 too.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
gah, didnt know that and never happened to me once... wish it happened on a bloody diamond craft
frown.png
(keep getting stupid block).

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Did some PVP tonight. Think I'm doing pretty good, destroyer matchup still makes me rage and some FMs and KFMs can still beat me. Everything else is about an even fight except LOL ASSASSIN.

Ratings:

5f7311bceb.jpg

May push diamond soon.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Dang dude, grats. I'm still hovering around the 1750 range. I can beat Destroyers 100% of the time and I also almost always win the mirror match, but Summoners are still iffy for me (though I am doing better against them) and KFMs are still completely gatekeeping me.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lots of these posts make me wish I had made a summoner instead of assassin.

I haven't done much PVP, only 2 matches. One against another assassin which I won, and another against a BD where I just got the shit kicked out of me. Kind of soured me to PVP when I get locked down the entire fight and can't do shit.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just have to practice a ton(especially for the more technical classes). A lot of these players have months if not years of experience already.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I think you can get to gold just by knowing your class well, but once you hit gold, you really need to learn your matchups in order to get higher.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guys, I always ignored this game to be honest, but a friend told me it's fun for combat. Now I'm a PvE person, mostly solo with occasional grouping so I have a couple questions if you could be so kind to enlighten me:

1. is there a healer class/role?
2. how good is the blade dancer at solo/group?
3. is summoner any good?
4. is the kung fu master really that complicated like the promo video makes them to be or is it just a lot of work for nothing special?

I like the blade dancer, the summoner and the force master mostly, so I think I'll try one of those. If there are classes that must be avoided like the plague or that nobody ever wants in a group, let me know please
wink.png

I don't know a thing about the game, I just browsed the website, watched the class videos and came here looking for a thread, which exists and is over a thousand posts long (!).
Any word you can spare to explain me the very basics of the game would be welcome, after that I'll figure it out on my own.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Summoner has two group heal abilities (if you spec for it) but they aren't really a healer. Lots of classes have some form of self heal/life drain type of ability.

Grouping is more about bodies than "we need this specific class" and group finder/random team ups are random.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Guys, I always ignored this game to be honest, but a friend told me it's fun for combat. Now I'm a PvE person, mostly solo with occasional grouping so I have a couple questions if you could be so kind to enlighten me:

3. is summoner any good?
4. is the kung fu master really that complicated like the promo video makes them to be or is it just a lot of work for nothing special?
1. no.
2. great/decent.
3. excellent.
4. low ping required for uber combos.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

3. is summoner any good?

I like the blade dancer, the summoner and the force master mostly, so I think I'll try one of those. If there are classes that must be avoided like the plague or that nobody ever wants in a group, let me know please
wink.png

I don't know a thing about the game, I just browsed the website, watched the class videos and came here looking for a thread, which exists and is over a thousand posts long (!).
Any word you can spare to explain me the very basics of the game would be welcome, after that I'll figure it out on my own.
Regarding Blade Dancer, they're tougher to solo with than Summoner (Summoners can solo pretty much anything they want by rolling their face on the keyboard) but I have seen videos of Blade Dancers soloing some of the difficult group instances. They have a pretty high skill ceiling when it comes to soloing difficult content. For normal mob soloing though, they're good. Just about every class (minus FM maybe) is.

Summoner has the best PvE kit in the game. If you're a Summoner, you will ALWAYS get a spot in groups.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Seems like weapon boxes are sided against the class you're opening them on, I swear. I'm back to raging at RNG boxes in Brightstone to move to True Profane.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Opened my first Dark Pirate weapon chest and got the Lynblade on my first try.

Not like I have the money to upgrade it though, lol.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

3. is summoner any good?

wink.png

1 and 3 go together, Summoner is the most "support" class, and is very strong currently. Most groups want a summoner, while not like necessary, the aoe healing and the tanking the pet provides are invaluable when someone fucks up(and in random groups, someone ALWAYS fucks up). They also are the overall easiest solo class to solo group content with, since the pet is a beast and their damage is solid.

BD is ok/good at both. Not really a sought after class, but not really a chunned one.

KFM is kinda complicated. There's a lot of shit to keep track of, while tanking, and there's a lot of animation cancelling to perform well. Every class really but KFM tends to be kinda harder to pull off? I don't know feels like it. Do note that as I just said, KFM is a tank. There's 2 tank classes, KFM and Blade Master. While they can do respectable damage and are often played as DPS because people fucking suck at tanking, they're still tanks at heart.

Also of note, both summoners and blade dancers can only be Lyns. Lyns are the short furries kid shit that's common with korean mmos. If you hate this type of char, sadly you don't have alternatives. You can make them not too terrible looking, but still.

No class has to be avoided.