Blade and Soul - Kung Fu Korea - Action MMO

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Doesn't seem nerfed. Start by selling some gold for hongmoon coins, then buy as many boxes as you can, open them, get venture tokens hopefully, cash those in for more hongmoon coins, repeat. After your first outfit, salvage the rest and sell the fabric.

I'll probably try to get premium rank 10, in anticipation of them hopefully adding better rewards to it down the line. And because this isn't really costing much to do.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
are there any news on the new class they announced that was coming in kr? Not the soul fighter, the one they said it should be completely new and not based on any class/mobs in game?
Not yet no, soul fighter came out not long ago so doubt we'll see news until summer or so with the release at the end of the year, that's my guess at least.

I'm trying this, rolled a summoner, so far so good, game is quite fun and pretty intuitive, I have to come to terms with the controls, I guess I'm too used to tab targeting, but I just need a bit of practice.
I'm going to play for a 15-20 levels and then I'm going to give a whirl at a melee class as well, maybe Blade Master instead of Blade Dancer, so I don't play exclusively the small race (even if the models are so damn beatifully animated).

Is there anything that I should purchase or I can just go ahead as f2p and see later? (I mean stuff like rocket boots in Swtor for example).
Nothing to buy really. Eventually you might be tempted to get some inventory slot(dragon pouches), but you can buy them with gold, although the exchange rate is so so and probably going down further. Only thing I bought so far were a char slot to make a mule and premium for a month for easier time leveling(not necessary, but pretty useful if you plan on sticking with the game, you can buy only a week of it via the signature packs, it's more expensive but it's nice if you don't want a full month), so I spent like 10euros as I had a few NCoins on my account they gave me when they got hacked like 5years ago or whatever. Considering I've been playing all day for a month, it's pretty solid value.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I'll probably try to get premium rank 10, in anticipation of them hopefully adding better rewards to it down the line. And because this isn't really costing much to do.
I spent 10g on and got about 22 boxes after tokens turn ins. No costumes at all. How much gold have you spent to get to rank 7?

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I really do have a love/hate relationship with this game. The combat is hands down the best I've ever played, even with the shitty ping. I can only have wet dreams how good it would feel with under 50ms. Then I try a BW kill... and the frame lag + ping is terrible (I do only have an i7 2600k + 770 gtx), the red circle appears, I try a backstep and I'm dead. Standing on his tail, wailing away? BW switchs directions and does his divestomp -- dead again. Over, and over, and over again. Cranking out about 30k damage every death.. that's not going to cut it.

Wait for warlock? or just resign myself to never doing content outside of 24 man (BSH/Poh) content? Go scummoner? Move to the US?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I've never done Blackwyrm. You really don't have to. World bosses are a shitfest because the optimization of the client when large amounts of people are on the screen is garbage. Even in 24man, and that's like half of what shows up for a BW kill usually.

Even with lag I think you should be able to do 6mans fine though, and if you're not tanking, 4mans should also be fine. Very few things require twitch reflexes, and more of it is about knowing the rotation and patterns so you can avoid stuff preemptively rather than hope you Q in time during the .5secs animation or whatever.

Warlock or Summoner would definitely help a ton though. Can wait for warlock so you don't have to be a Lyn, just farm gold for now in preparation or whatever.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hide other players (ctrl - f) when you doing that sort of things, found out helps a ton. I mainly use it to hide ppl when i fight normal sized bosses like poharan/chef/sobo in 24 or the duo sisters (especially if im on the assassin) cause it become really difficult to see what way the mob is facing. When i play ranger, dont give a damn lol.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fuck bought a bunch more boxes and still didn't get a single good thing out of them, this sucks. Not a single venture token, no costume, no moonwater keys, nothing, just a few elements, naryu coins and stupid repair tools. In like 25boxes total.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eh, 25 is a fairly small sample size. Just keep at it. Once you go on your first run of venture tokens, you'll feel like you're cheating almost. I'm stuck ATM because I was listing 1g at a time, and I'm out of slots now. I might list at 5g now or something, we'll see.

Edit: well nvm, looks like they took the boxes out of the store.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Seems strange that you can't just buy the boxes with ncoin.
They were specifically made for the currency exchange opening. They said they'll add the costume to the cash shop later on though apparently on stream yesterday.

Mostly it sucks cause I could have used the coins for other stuff. Even if I had only gotten venture tokens and bought more and then got nothing, at least I would have gotten premium ranks, but didn't get shit this time.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ctrl C, you can sell gold for hongmoon coins. Can also buy gold with Ncoins, but I wouldn't do that since the exchange rate is still terrible. Maybe once it's down to like 1g per 10ncoin or whatever it'll be good, atm it's 1gold for 45ncoin, which is like .5euro, which for 1gold is expensive as fuck.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Super annoying when you DC and restart the client but dont wait long enough and it says you are already logged in and the client just exits.

In fact, "Your character is already logged in" has been annoying me for the last 16 years in one form or another.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I DID IT

8cbfad2666.jpg

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Damn dude, grats. Must've been hard to get past those plat KFMs.
Was pretty fucking difficult actually. Mosh kept bodying me (KFM streamer) and then I got an 'okay' BD 4 times in a row and bodied him 3 games in a row, went to diamond.

I just hit Diamond in 3s now.

14085afd41.jpg

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Summoner Summoner Summoner comp?

I think you're doing this to make me mad on purpose lol. Anyways, it's really cool to be able to look at this and be like, "I know that guy!"

f2ff4e3a5d.jpg

I've finally broken out of 1750 by employing some new tactics and have climbed to around 1850, but now I'm starting to lose the mirror more often and the KFM gatekeeping has only gotten stronger. At least I'm more or less able to dunk on Summoners (though fighting them is annoying because the timer runs out almost every fight).